EL SHELBY

Strut Brace Like the Super Snake

How about a strut brace like the one available for the Super Snake that will work with the OEM hood on both the GT500 & SGT? I would be happy with a plain anodized version that I could paint.

I really wish there was a brace that would fit the 2012's. this is such a cool piece.

Yes, but will fit under the OEM hood. SS braces only fit under SS hood.

+1 and will it fit over a whipple??

a JLT strut tower brace 05-09 will fit you can also get it painted with stripes looks real cool ill post a pic

I really wish there was a brace that would fit the 2012's. this is such a cool piece.

take a look i had mine painted with the silver stripes they did an awsome job

post-40515-0-17089400-1369688401_thumb.jpg

post-40515-0-17089400-1369688401_thumb.jpg

We did some measuring last Thursday to get some specs together strut tower braces. We did a lot of R&D for future Focus, V6, 5.0, and GT500 parts. The 2011+ is a TIGHT fit, but we're still investigating the possibilities. Jer

• Like 1

I kinda like the SS brace, because its flat on the top, so you can add a decal to it or what not, really thinking of getting the SS Brace once I get the SS hood

• Like 2

Jer:

Since there was no mention of ow TIGHT the fit would be on a '12, can I assume my '12 SS is just going to have to do without this very cool item? That space between the KB 3.6 and hood is kind of narrow. I am so bummed. This is one of the coolest add-ons there is.

• Like 1

We did some measuring last Thursday to get some specs together strut tower braces. We did a lot of R&D for future Focus, V6, 5.0, and GT500 parts. The 2011+ is a TIGHT fit, but we're still investigating the possibilities. Jer

Follow the contour of the '07-'09 OEM GT500 STB Brace. It fits perfectly without rubbing the hood or the SC, however, you will have to make adjustments near the CAI intake. While it fits fine with a baffle delete, it will rub the OEM intake... The OEM STB brace is tubular, so the flat SS design would give you a little more room to work with... Edited by SteelTownStang

I was thinking about this 5 mins ago, if you make a SS like brace for the regular GT500, instead of SuperSnake in the middle how about a Shelby logo in the middle or possibly a CS Signature in the middle? I would definitely get one with a CS signature in the middle

Jer -- I'd be interested in one of these too -- maybe with the GT500 Logo or the Snake Logo.

Jim

Jer, I am interested in the SS flat strut tower brace that would fit the SC SGT w/whipple. I live 15 minutes away from the guy who makes them for you and I could be available if he needs to use my car for test measurements. Thanks Chris

• Like 1

+1 and will it fit over a whipple??

Or a KB 3.6???

Jer, I am interested in the SS flat strut tower brace that would fit the SC SGT w/whipple. I live 15 minutes away from the guy who makes them for you and I could be available if he needs to use my car for test measurements. Thanks Chris

+1 to the 1,000,000th power!!

Had to explain to my daughter that that is still just +1

is there any type of updates available, be nice to see a SS style strut brace for a GT500 that does not require the SS Hood

It's a VERY tight fit with the stock hood... not sure it could work.

Jer

This issue has been brought up many times and we all wish it would work but there just isnt' enough clearance especially with a KB 3.6. Too much engine, not enough hood. Too bad though as they are really cool looking. Cest La Vie. :cry:

Jer,

Would the Super Snake bar fit with a Ford Racing throttle body and OEM hood?

Regards,

VP

See my post above.

Thanks,

Jer

heard on another site that a 07-09 Gt500 brace may be available, any truth to that? what would it look like?