wagge

Ride of a 2010-2012 compare to 2013

I have only driven a 2011, and finding a 2013 to test drive is difficult. I have not decided on which car but my question is can the 10-12 be modded for a better ride without breaking the bank. I have heard the 2013 ride is superior to the older style. I do not care so much about the extra hp as much as saving 20k but if spending a couple of thousand on suspension and having a great riding and handing car would definitely influence my decision.

I am sure some of you have done just this. How did it work out, any regrets

Bill

It's not any "better" or "worse" per se - just different. And if you choose the SVTPP, you get two modes to choose from - firm and firmer.

One could certainly opt for the adjustable FR-3 Pack on a '12 and, but for push button actuation, not have any lesser a suspension. In fact, you gain wheel-selectable control.

I personally find the '13 to be much more "work" to drive. The clutch is much heavier and the shorter gearing means paying more attention when starting from a dead stop. I'd much rather drive the '12 like a grand tourer than the '13 which I'd drive far more aggressively.

I actually owned both together for several months. In the end, owninf that particular pair in perpetuity became just to difficult to rationalize. I ultimately opted for a second '13, plus a 5.0-based car that eventuay will be far more track biased than any GT500 can be made to be - be it a 302, GT350 Conversion or a modded GT with all the perfoemance and handling benefit buy without the Shelby brand premium tacked on.

I've redone my '13 Coupe's rear suspension with billet components, LCA relo brackets, a Watts Linkage, the 302 rear seat brace and Ford Racing Tower Strut brace and the FR-3 springs and bars. It's as precise a handling GT500 as I've ever driven, but not necessarily the best riding because I ultimately eliminated all the components Ford chose to provide a balance between aggression and a comfortable enough ride for daily driving.

IHTH.

Bill, if you don't mind me asking, what suspension mods do you have on your 11 now??? Did you get the SVTPP setup offered with the 11's?