Jer

$100 Off Shelby Blue Watts Link - Coupe or Convertible!

Is this the one ? M-4033-K

might have a FRPP for sale soon

Thanks

Andrew

It's a different part number, but looks to be the same (except ours are black powdercoated). I believe ours have a slightly different "heat sink fin" contour and height, I'm gonna eyeball it right now. I'll post more after I look.

Jer

How long will this pricing be available??

We have an overstock of the blue ones, that's why they are discounted... so I can't say how fast they will sell.

Jer

It's a different part number, but looks to be the same (except ours are black powdercoated). I believe ours have a slightly different "heat sink fin" contour and height, I'm gonna eyeball it right now. I'll post more after I look.

Jer

Can I buy one from you guys ?

Thanks

Andrew

Jer

OK, so clearly I had not had enough coffee when I posted this... it's very different.

Just goes to show how often I look under my car...hahaha... I took pix of the KR cover - see below:

Jer

diff1.jpg

diff2.jpg

Diff3.jpg

diff1.jpg

diff2.jpg

Diff3.jpg

Can I buy one from you guys ?

Thanks

Andrew

I'll look into it.

Jer

Ordered mine with my TS discount too!!! :happy feet:

How do you get the TS Discount on top of the sale? I have ordered a ton of stuff from Shelby, but only got a discount during their sales.

How do you get the TS Discount on top of the sale? I have ordered a ton of stuff from Shelby, but only got a discount during their sales.

You have to call your order in to get the TS discount.

You have to call your order in to get the TS discount.

Wow all this time I had no idea.

Glad I know now!!!!!!

Thank you!!

HOLD ON. WHOA. Before this goes WAY outta line.... :o

LOL

TS Members are entitled to a one-time 10% discount with SPP, either when signing up or renewing. You must phone the order in.

There are some restrictions (superchargers, It is not valid on items already on sale, etc) but occasionally a phone person makes a mistake.

Jer

HOLD ON. WHOA. Before this goes WAY outta line.... :o

LOL

TS Members are entitled to a one-time 10% discount with SPP, either when signing up or renewing. You must phone the order in.

There are some restrictions (superchargers, It is not valid on items already on sale, etc) but occasionally a phone person makes a mistake.

Jer

Just curious Jer if I never used a 10% would I qualify? I have renewed every year since this Forum began. Thank you Sir

When you PHONED in your Renewal Order back in 2008, they applied your 10% discount back then...just didn't want you to miss out on some money savings back then I'm sure!! LOL!!

Just tell Jer you want to use mine!

Andy.

PS - anyone in the market for a slightly used Steeda Adjustible Panhard bar?

Edited by AndyGJ

Just curious Jer if I never used a 10% would I qualify? I have renewed every year since this Forum began. Thank you Sir

Sure! If you renewed every year, then you are currently a member, and get the 10% on most items. This Watts link does NOT qualify, though, just to be clear, since it's already on sale.

Jer

Jer,

What is the downside / con (other than cost) to adding the Watts Link if there is one?

Andy.

There has been quite a bit of debate recently about the watts link vs. the panhard bar and which setup is better. It really comes down to how you intend to drive the car, but I'm a road course and twisty mountain road enthusiast. To me the clear winner hands down is the watts link. I went with the billet aluminum bling verision, but the one for sale is not that much heavier and will do the exact same job. You'll notice the car tracks more accurately through the corners and responds smarter coming out of an apex as the watts is allowing the rear axle/wheels to follow the front wheels. It will add weight to the rear of the car, however for a car that is naturally tail happy I don't consider this a bad thing and helps you get closer to the magical 50/50 balance between front and rear.

Jer was great in guiding me through my decision making process and I also had many discussions with Jim Fay. Jim is a straight shooter and very easy to talk with. So if you get your jollies by cornering hard, the watts is the way to go in my opinion.

Edited by ViperNC

Ok, Originally I put this in the shout box, But felt it was to much to answer in a shout box. So I deleted it.

I currently have a 2013 GT500 with the track pack options. My questions are.

Has anyone installed the Shelby Fays2 watts link on a 2013?

Is there any clearance issues with any of the differential lines or cooling fins on the 2013?

What clearance issues are there with the sway bar if any? Any other issues not mentioned?

I plan on lowering the car 1to 1 1/2 inches, will this cause any issues?

I know I know, I have issues, But what the heck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

I'd like the answer to this as well. Anyone know on the 13/14 GT500 w/ the track pack, does this fit ?

Crowley

There has been quite a bit of debate recently about the watts link vs. the panhard bar and which setup is better. It really comes down to how you intend to drive the car, but I'm a road course and twisty mountain road enthusiast. To me the clear winner hands down is the watts link. I went with the billet aluminum bling verision, but the one for sale is not that much heavier and will do the exact same job. You'll notice the car tracks more accurately through the corners and responds smarter coming out of an apex as the watts is allowing the rear axle/wheels to follow the front wheels. It will add weight to the rear of the car, however for a car that is naturally tail happy I don't consider this a bad thing and helps you get closer to the magical 50/50 balance between front and rear.

Jer was great in guiding me through my decision making process and I also had many discussions with Jim Fay. Jim is a straight shooter and very easy to talk with. So if you get your jollies by cornering hard, the watts is the way to go in my opinion.

+1,000 :rockon:

I'd like the answer to this as well. Anyone know on the 13/14 GT500 w/ the track pack, does this fit ?

Crowley

It does fit, and we install it as an option on all our cars, no issues. Jer

It does fit, and we install it as an option on all our cars, no issues. Jer

Jer,

Did buy the Billet version per email and posts to you and now after studying the instructions several times. Big question is in calling someone if body structure NOTE in 3E requires grinding holes to get a fit.

Is there general coaching here to avoid being stopped in my tracks doing a Saturday or Sunday install? My assumption would be to elongate holes downward to get to where billet will let bolts slid through straight without binding. Take your time to get fit correct. Suspect you would not have to do left or right elongating as opposite end should have some tolerance to allow fit.

Whole process to install seems straight forward. Kind of rough carpentry type item except for getting Watts bars equal and parallel.

Appreciate any insight you or others have.

Tom

The two important tips are: 1.) Install the driver's side first. 2.) The variation (if any) is not vertical, it's horizontal, and much easier to work with on the passenger side. I didn't elongate the holes, I simply used Vise-Grips to pull the frame of the car and the Watt's frame a LITTLE closer together. Then the bolts slid through, no issues. Don't worry about "binding", this connection doesn't move, you WANT the Watts and car frame tight together. Jer

You can call Jim Fay to verify on particular models , the stock 12 will fit but I think that with the "SVTPP" package you must use his "Low Profile " pivot bolt and have LCA's which are either adjustable or poly/heim ended for less deflection - it gets really close ! CALL JIM to VERIFY !

Jer, do you agree with this? Or will it fit on a '11-'12 with the SVTPP without additional equipment?

It'll fit.

EDIT: OK, that wasn't a very informative pst on my part, sorry!

The reason I said that is because ALL the Watts links we get from Jim already come with the low-profile bolt, I'm pretty sure. I will check with him. And if I'm wrong, I will send it along on my dime!

As for sturdy LCAs, yes, in my opinion, it's very inexpensive to add them at the same time, and I can see the benefit of their ability to keep the Watts clear of nearby objects! LOL...

Jer

Edited by Jer

It'll fit.

EDIT: OK, that wasn't a very informative pst on my part, sorry!

The reason I said that is because ALL the Watts links we get from Jim already come with the low-profile bolt, I'm pretty sure. I will check with him. And if I'm wrong, I will send it along on my dime!

As for sturdy LCAs, yes, in my opinion, it's very inexpensive to add them at the same time, and I can see the benefit of their ability to keep the Watts clear of nearby objects! LOL...

Jer

Thanks Jer! Looks like I'll be spending some more money on this money pit!

Local racer powder coated it for me. Matched Race Red perfectly and total cost is still cheaper than the pre-sale price. :happy feet:

Edited by bpodner

Production uses Red on the cars we build. SPP has sold Blue as a separate part. We are selling off the Blues and going to Red at SPP.

Jer

Finally got mine installed. I took my time and did it in my garage on jack stands. Took her for a shake down drive and all I gotta say is WOW!!!! Seems like a different car now and wants to follow the front end instead of kicking out the ass when in a turn.

Maybe the best mod so far!!!

Finally got mine installed. I took my time and did it in my garage on jack stands. Took her for a shake down drive and all I gotta say is WOW!!!! Seems like a different car now and wants to follow the front end instead of kicking out the ass when in a turn.

Maybe the best mod so far!!!

Exactly as it should be. I always felt bad when I heard Watts links described as a "track mod". Every single Mustang out there can benefit from this "geometry correction", and it makes a bigger difference than MANY other mods costing twice as much, in ANY kind of driving.

Glad you like it.

Jer