Jimmy Sak

Sick of waiting for my Supersnake...bought a GLHS!

Well it is over 6 months waiting for my SS to be completed, so when I had the option to pick up my first GLHS, I jumped on it. While it is not totally stock, it has relatively low miles and he gave me all the original parts that he had removed for his mods. I cant wait to get her home...2 weeks!

I justified it as a wedding present to myself....that way the Wife wouldnt have to aggonize over picking out the right gift!!! lol

GLHS #88

image_zps6611460e.jpegimage1_zps4a4f3e4e.jpegimage2_zpsec7added.jpegimage3_zps11508ad3.jpeg

Awesome.

Is that the ebay car out of ohio? Looks great, and has a bunch of great mods if it is. I had 1986 GLHS #151 for a short while when I lived in MI, had to sell it, but would love to get another one.

Thanks everyone, the car is everything I could have hoped for and more. It indeed is the car from Ohio. I was married in Ann Arbor, MI last weekend, so I took a cruise to Columbus the day before my wedding. I was so impressed by the power in that little car, I took it back to Ann Arbor with me! The wife loves the fact that it's #88, the year she graduated! lol

Thanks everyone, the car is everything I could have hoped for and more. It indeed is the car from Ohio. I was married in Ann Arbor, MI last weekend, so I took a cruise to Columbus the day before my wedding. I was so impressed by the power in that little car, I took it back to Ann Arbor with me! The wife loves the fact that it's #88, the year she graduated! lol

Were you going down I- 94 (heading west) by I-275 on Sunday (5/26) late afternoon/early evening? I saw a GLHS while I was heading east coming from Ann Arbor. If it was you, it was a great looking car, it definitely stood out from the rest! I almost flipped around to try to catch up and get a better look.

You did good! A perfect alternative to a Super Snake and it looks great! :camera: They do respond well to upgrades. Those who attended the Bash in 2011 remember Carroll talking about this own GLHS that would "give a Super Snake a hell of a run up to 150 miles per hour".

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o459/GLHS0136/?action=view&current=BanquetDinner01154.mp4

Robert

Congrats again! Are you already 'on' the Turbo-Mopar &/or Turbo-Dodge BB's too?

Were you going down I- 94 (heading west) by I-275 on Sunday (5/26) late afternoon/early evening? I saw a GLHS while I was heading east coming from Ann Arbor. If it was you, it was a great looking car, it definitely stood out from the rest! I almost flipped around to try to catch up and get a better look.

Not me, but maybe my cousin took it for a spin after I left!!! Thats ironic since it's in a grage around I-94 and US23. Small world!!

You did good! A perfect alternative to a Super Snake and it looks great! :camera: They do respond well to upgrades. Those who attended the Bash in 2011 remember Carroll talking about this own GLHS that would "give a Super Snake a hell of a run up to 150 miles per hour".

http://s343.photobuc...Dinner01154.mp4

Robert

That is awesome, thanks for the clip!!!

Congrats again! Are you already 'on' the Turbo-Mopar &/or Turbo-Dodge BB's too?

Not as of yet, but I plan to be. Very hectic times right now, but perhaps you can point me in the direction of a couple good ones? Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome to the Turbo Dodge Club!!

Not as of yet, but I plan to be. Very hectic times right now, but perhaps you can point me in the direction of a couple good ones? Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome to the Turbo Dodge Club!!

Here's two BB's:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?28-The-Original-Turbo-Dodge-Cars

http://www.turbododge.com/

Definitely go with the SDAC local club, too!

On 7/19/2020 at 1:10 PM, Kboof said:

1986 GLHS #88 is now in Canada!

Just a suggestion, this thread is over 7 years old! You might want to start a new thread about your GLHS in this section and post some pics!!