Hi. I think my 2008 GT500 is starting to show signs of the TSB clutch issue. While there is only 9k miles on it, I assume it is out of warranty and I'm on my own? I will run through Grabber's tests but I can say with certainty now that the clutch is slipping when going over 50mph and accelerating hard. I don't think it does it at lower speed or gear. I don't drive it much and only starting noticing this maybe 3 months ago. Will post my test results asap but in the mean time.... Can I determine at this point what I need to replace? Is it just the clutch? Flywheel? Anything else? What are people doing for aftermarket replacement and what are the results? Aluminum or steel flywheel? What should I expect a shop or dealer to charge for labor? Any idea of how long it will last before failing or causing further damage??? Thanks :cry:

You might want to take it into your Ford dealer and see what they say. I took in my 07 with 8k miles last year and wanted to do the 2010 clutch swap. All done on Ford's dime and huge difference. Best mod I've done to my car. I've driven it more in the last year, than the last 3 years.

Hi guys. Thanks for the responses. I did Grabber's tests today. In neutral, if I depress the clutch all the way and hold there is a hiss but only for a fraction of a second. If I depress the clutch and quickly go into 1st and then reverse, 1st gear is a bit notchy and tougher than reverse. If I wait 3 seconds after depressing the clutch then do the same, there doesn't seem to be a difference. Taking off in 1st does sometimes cause shuddering. The biggest issue is going over 40mph, on hard acceleration the clutch slips and this happens in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th gears. So what do you think is wrong (ie, is it the TSB issue), how far into it is it and what should I replace? Does the McCloud fit a 2008? AM lists it for 11-14 years. What about Spec P-trim? I can get a used one with low miles at the price of the McCloud.... Thanks! PS - Clayton, did you go into the dealer with the TSB in hand? Did they put up much of a fight?

Hi guys. Thanks for the responses. I did Grabber's tests today. In neutral, if I depress the clutch all the way and hold there is a hiss but only for a fraction of a second. If I depress the clutch and quickly go into 1st and then reverse, 1st gear is a bit notchy and tougher than reverse. If I wait 3 seconds after depressing the clutch then do the same, there doesn't seem to be a difference. Taking off in 1st does sometimes cause shuddering. The biggest issue is going over 40mph, on hard acceleration the clutch slips and this happens in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th gears. So what do you think is wrong (ie, is it the TSB issue), how far into it is it and what should I replace? Does the McCloud fit a 2008? AM lists it for 11-14 years. What about Spec P-trim? I can get a used one with low miles at the price of the McCloud.... Thanks! PS - Clayton, did you go into the dealer with the TSB in hand? Did they put up much of a fight?

i have had the Mcleod RXT for amost 3 years now and some seriouly hard track time, and it's awsome .....

i would not put that other clutch in a friggin pinto...

i had the tsb done a couple times...waste of my time....

the RXT drives 5 times better than stock...

you can get a light weight flywheel or the heavy weight 1, i went heavy because i track the heck out of my car....

:yahoo::yahoo:

Edited by frydguy79

On the TSB, that had been done once on my car and I did not like the results. I went into the Ford dealer with the 2010 clutch parts list and said this is what I want to do. They did all the research and got it covered under the TSB. Do a search on 2010 clutch swap and you'll see the parts for this swap along with feedback from others who went this route. Grabber did a great write-up on what is needed and what you can expect. I would think all the dealers know about the Shelby clutch TSB, so it should not be too much of a challenge to get it covered. Being prepared with the info is always helpful.

I would absolutely NOT replace with a factory ( Ford ) clutch.

Haven't driven a car with a 10 clutch in it, but look at McLeod's history before you make a decision. These guys specialize in clutches. Call them directly and talk to them.

I drove a 13 for a while, and honestly, if I were to buy a 14 ( which I am considering ) I would replace the stock clutch with the McLeod RXT before I even drove it off the lot.

As for a used clutch, you are buying someone else's problems.

Also, talk to frydguy. He has a LOT of knowledge with these cars as well as performance mods.

Hi guys. Thanks for the feedback. I've decided to skip the TSB attempt and will install a McLeod clutch. They have to make one (!) and then it will ship to the local performance shop. Hopefully my clutch will last 2 more weeks :unsure:

• Like 1

Good choice.

Just remember to break it in properly.

You will be very happy.

Hi guys. Thanks for all the help on this. Clutch was starting to slip in 2nd gear but had it replaced yesterday with McLeod RXT. The stock one they pulled out had a huge amount of dust in it and the center of the flywheel was ground up good. What a difference in feeling this new clutch is! Barely touch it and it moves so takes some getting used to :-) I also upgrade to 3:73 gears :rockon:

• Like 1