Jer

Shelby CS6 / GT-H "Hertz" Hoods Back In Stock at an INCREDIBLE PRICE!

Sam,

Do you have the hood on yet?

Mine is supposed to be ready today.... :happy feet:

Not yet, Jim!

Was busy this week with brake ducts and transmission scoop. Probably try and fit it next weekend, then see about getting it finished and painted!

Sam

Not yet, Jim!

Was busy this week with brake ducts and transmission scoop. Probably try and fit it next weekend, then see about getting it finished and painted!

Sam

OK good luck.

Mine looks exactly as you describe. Minor chipping at the hinge corners and some scuffing on the upper surface, but nothing that can't easily be fixed. It's also heavier than I imagined, but a very nice piece of fiberglass!

Sam

It's still way better as I've posted than the original, and I can't stress WAY enough..

FYI...If you currently have a strut tower brace on I doubt it will clear at least this is true on the V6.

When the hood is positioned correctly it rubs heavily on my SC head unit and has rubbed a spot the size of a quarter

and a 1/16 of an inch deep and even rubs on the V6 plenum so there isn't much room for anything.

GT-H hood is not functional. So the deep draw is still a great bargain.

May be stupid question, but for the hood you have Harald (deep draw vented) how does it work with respect to water drainage? Does it just drain on top of the radiator cover or wherever the opening is?

It's still way better as I've posted than the original, and I can't stress WAY enough..

FYI...If you currently have a strut tower brace on I doubt it will clear at least this is true on the V6.

When the hood is positioned correctly it rubs heavily on my SC head unit and has rubbed a spot the size of a quarter

and a 1/16 of an inch deep and even rubs on the V6 plenum so there isn't much room for anything.

I have an Edelbrock E-force supercharger, so I'm fairly certain it will clear that, however, I also have the V-6 strut brace, so clearance from THAT remains to be seen.

I don't recall any GTH having clearance issues with the standard Ford Racing strut brace.

Jer - any thoughts on clearances with the V6 brace?

Sam

I have an Edelbrock E-force supercharger, so I'm fairly certain it will clear that, however, I also have the V-6 strut brace, so clearance from THAT remains to be seen.

I don't recall any GTH having clearance issues with the standard Ford Racing strut brace.

Jer - any thoughts on clearances with the V6 brace?

Sam

Terlinguas and Hertz cars both had braces... I wouldn't expect an issue.

Jer

Jer

Good point on the Terlingua - I hadn't thought of that!

Thanks Jer!

Sam

Jer

Terlinguas used the deep draw hood, not the same one as the CS6/8, GTH's used the same hood as the CS6/8 but used a different strut tower brace. As a CS6 owner I can promise you the supplied strut tower brace does NOT fit - its sitting on a shelf in my garage. The prototype does not have its strut tower brace installed either. A deep draw hood or major modification of the CS6/8 hood would be required.

(Not meaning to sound rude here btw Jer - other braces may fit but the V6 Ford Racing item doesn't).

To try & deal with the rubbing issues Randy describes I copied the detail on the CS6 prototype & put shims under the fender bolts & hood hinge bolts. That made it better but did not fix the problem. In the end I installed the billet, GT500, motor mounts - that fixed the rubbing issue but transmits so much vibration at idle.

All that being said I am trying to figure out when I can come down to pick up one or maybe two of these hoods. One as a spare, one to modify to try make the strut tower brace fit.

Edited by UK PONY

Terlinguas used the deep draw hood, not the same one as the CS6/8, GTH's used the same hood as the CS6/8 but used a different strut tower brace. As a CS6 owner I can promise you the supplied strut tower brace does NOT fit - its sitting on a shelf in my garage. The prototype does not have its strut tower brace installed either. A deep draw hood or major modification of the CS6/8 hood would be required.

(Not meaning to sound rude here btw Jer - other braces may fit but the V6 Ford Racing item doesn't).

To try & deal with the rubbing issues Randy describes I copied the detail on the CS6 prototype & put shims under the fender bolts & hood hinge bolts. That made it better but did not fix the problem. In the end I installed the billet, GT500, motor mounts - that fixed the rubbing issue but transmits so much vibration at idle.

All that being said I am trying to figure out when I can come down to pick up one or maybe two of these hoods. One as a spare, one to modify to try make the strut tower brace fit.

To my understanding ,,the Ford Racing V6 brace sits higher up ,,that is way guys us it with the 4.6 Ford Racing intake ,the Ford Racing brace that came on the stock 2007-08 Shelby GT's sits lower over the intake on a 4.6 L motor ,,so V6 brace may hit the hood underside ,when closing it ,,664a0e75.jpg,,, but I could be wrong ,, might need to ask a " Terlingua " owner that question .

664a0e75.jpg

Well, I have yet to remove the stock SGT hood and test fit the GTH hood - that will happen later this week when I get an extra set of hands to assist.

With these latest comments, I'm still concerned about the hood rubbing on the V6 strut brace. (I don't care about the hood BLANKET, since I don't use one anyway!)

Guess I'll address that concern later this week!

Sam

Ordered mine tuesday, payments cleared, hope it ships soon! Happy to hear it may come gel-coat white, wont look silly on the way to the body shop. ;)

p.s. OT crossed fingers for more CS8 grills. :)

photo (2)

Off to the body shop! This hood is an excellent fit right out of the box. A couple turns on the stops and its almost fit. It will take a small shim on the passenger side mid fender and hinge. The drivers side needs a slight nudge forward 1/16th of an inch and it will be good to go. It was packed well, showed up on a FedEx freight truck. The passenger rear corner was chipped, but no complaints here at the sale price. Its a mark of caricature, a little flawed, just like the rest of my car. My hood came as you see it, mustang not included....

Today I finally got around to test fitting the GTH hood and it's a NO GO! Guess I should have gone with the deep draw hood!

Without modifications, it will not clear the V6 brace.

I would rather not chop into this fiberglass hood as it's a very nice piece, so if someone wants to purchase it, let me know. Same deal as Shelby - $200 plus shipping.

Bummer!

Sam

That Sucks Sam...Sorry to hear...

Yea Jim - guess I should've ordered a deep draw while Shelby had them in stock!

Sam

Yea Jim - guess I should've ordered a deep draw while Shelby had them in stock!

Sam

Sam,

I doubt the clearance would have been better... can't say for sure.

Is it hitting the E-Force, or the strut tower brace? If it's the brace, I'd ditch it and keep the hood!

Jer

Edited by Jer
  • Like 1

Sam,

I doubt the clearance would have been better... can't say for sure.

Is it hitting the E-Force, or the strut tower brace? If it's the brace, I'd ditch it and keep the hood!

Jer

Word

Yes, it's hitting the brace, and yes I could ditch that, however, to my keen eye, it also looks like it will bump the front edge of the E-Force.

It's still for sale, but I'll keep thinking and looking at ways to make it fit without cutting or removing things!

Sam

Not show quality, definitely race quality, and that's good enough for me. I wonder if all of these hoods curl in a little on the drivers front corner. Its not noticable to normal people, until that one hater fixates on it and has to point it out to everyone... The paint is like glass, initial quality is excellent. Plug for LC auto body of Parkseburg PA. Thanks again SPP.

begining.jpg

p.s. CS8 grills please.........

Edited by Ernest
  • Like 2