ShelbyKR664

Is this real?? Cobra driver with CS autograph

$T2eC16FHJHgFFl58impEBR3s,ftEBg~~60_14.J

Is this for real?? This is on Ebay. Owner claims it came in the trunk of overseas KR's.

Interesting. Sounds like an odd story to me, but the club looks legit. Wonder if anyone can confirm the first 10 story. Odd that the COA is dated 2003. I can't imagine that these were just laying around and somebody said "Hey, let's throw 10 of these in the cars shipping to Japan and the UK!" Yea, I don't buy it......

I guess that is an "8", so it was signed in 2008 after the club was in the trunk of a KR and purchased, but then purchaser had is sent in and signed I guess?

Edited by JeffJ

I wish someone at SA could confirm if this was actually done. Sounds too weird to me.

I don't buy the story of ten of these clubs being signed and put in the KRs shipping overseas. That said, the signature look completely legit, as I have some signatures around that time period and they look very much the same. If you're a golfer and a Shelby fan, maybe pick this up. Personally, I'd spend $3k plus on other additions to my car, rather than a golf club that can never be used.

Carroll said his cars were meant to be driven....I don't remember hearing him say that about golf balls.

I wish someone at SA could confirm if this was actually done. Sounds too weird to me.

If you are to believe the ebay item description, these drivers were purchased by someone at SVT and painted by Ford. The only connection I see with CSI is that someone sent a golf club to the CSCF for an autograph back in 2008.

Steve

Even if you believe the story, how does this guy know he has the only signed one? Based on the date, it was sent to be signed after the car was purchased. How does he KNOW that nobody else did this even if the story he tells about the 10 KR's is true? No way he would know that. That would be like me saying I have a one of one hand signed 1:18th GTH which I had signed. No way of knowing that nobody else had one signed. I'm sure there are thousands of one of one signed items out there. Many things were signed. If this item were appraised for up to $70K, why is he selling it for 4? Too many things with this item do not make sense. It is a nice item for sure which looks to be legitimately signed, but the story is pretty far fetched at this point.

Even if you believe the story, how does this guy know he has the only signed one? Based on the date, it was sent to be signed after the car was purchased. How does he KNOW that nobody else did this even if the story he tells about the 10 KR's is true? No way he would know that. That would be like me saying I have a one of one hand signed 1:18th GTH which I had signed. No way of knowing that nobody else had one signed. I'm sure there are thousands of one of one signed items out there. Many things were signed. If this item were appraised for up to $70K, why is he selling it for 4? Too many things with this item do not make sense. It is a nice item for sure which looks to be legitimately signed, but the story is pretty far fetched at this point.

Now, come on, Jeff, it's TOTALLY possible. I have the only signed Shelby GT airbag cover, the only signed Shelby GT guitar... lots of stuff!

:hysterical2:

Jer

Re-listed on ebay with the following:

This is last time this will be listed, as, Barrett Jackson wants it for
CARROLL SHELBY AUCTION!!!

Me thinks B-J wants the commission they will make.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carroll-Shelby-Autographed-King-Cobra-Driver-/290972394975?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43bf4e65df#ht_1114wt_903

Almost missed this statement from the ebay seller:

This is an amazing opportunity to collect the prized possession at an amazing price tens of thousands below its market value .

Tens of thousands BELOW market value???? Hey I'm all for fluffery in auction descriptions but how can anyone make such a statement without looking foolish?

Steve

I really doubt it will for more than the actual value of the signature and club. I can't see $1000's at all. I also think the Barrett/Jackson reference is a bluff. Just saying.

$T2eC16FHJHgFFl58impEBR3s,ftEBg~~60_14.J

Is this for real?? This is on Ebay. Owner claims it came in the trunk of overseas KR's.

I didn't think they sold GT500's overseas???

Phill