thewheelman

I'm really PO'ed with Turtle Wax!

I loved the Turtle Wax detailer in the clear bottle. It made the car incredibly slick, got all the water spots off and was very easy to use. The new stuff (stocked by wallyworld) is not as good! It smells funky, it's not as slick when done and clearly says not to use it on glass. I used the old stuff on the exterior of my windows and it was better than RainX! I had the windshield so slick I could clean bug guts off with a dry paper towel...... I'm not fond of the Mother's stuff either. I really fell in love with the Turtle Wax in the clear bottle.

Does anyone retail that any more or is it gone? Maybe it's wallyworld I should be po'ed at!

What detailer do you use that you can use on the glass? I hate to spend $7-$10 on something I'm not going to use but a squirt or two and decide I don't like it!

*&@!!+*&^^

Thanks!

• Like 1

Surf City Garage has a few detailer sprays.

I use the wax detailer.

Works great.

They also just came out with a formula just for dark colored cars.

Adam's for me. Works on everything from paint to bare metal.

I've also used LucasOil Slick Mist, but I've never tried it on glass. It's great on paint and chrome, creates a slippery surface as you describe, and smells VERY good.

Jer

Nothin' beats WINDEX!!!!

Nothin' beats WINDEX!!!!

Are you Greek!

Adams works the best for my Shelbys and other Ford toys. I keep some of the small sample bottles in the car for cruise nights for quick touch up.

Fireglaze! Used to use Zaino. First tried FireGlaze on my wife's Black Cherry CTS. A few days later, it got white paint drops all down driver side. Wiped most off & used spray finish detailer to easily remove rest. Pretty much sold me on it! Have used it on several vehicles over the past 3 -4 YEARS. Am completely satisfied with it!! FireGlaze FTW!! LOL!

Sorry, but Turtle Wax products are entry-level at best. Mother & Meguiers are pretty decent for over-the-counter, but don't really compare to higher end stuff like Poorboy's World, Adams, Chemical Guys, Blackfire, etc.....

Are you Greek!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Thats funny.

But, seriously, Adams, Surf City or any of the other stuff mentioned are all good products.

Question, are all the higher end products fine to use over vinyl stripes? I have been contemplating a new Adams kit for the spring thaw....

Question, are all the higher end products fine to use over vinyl stripes? I have been contemplating a new Adams kit for the spring thaw....

I've used their Detailer on vinyl with no issues.

Jer

I've had good luck with Zaino as well.

I'm a longtime Poorboy's user, so I can't speak for other brands on this question. I've gotten Poorboy's polishes, sealants, & waxes on stripes before, & never had any problems. They wipe off quickly. But I always wipe the stripes off before the product dries just in case.

I've used most every product they have on vinyl. No problems at all.

:doh:

Don't forget the olive oil too...

Oh yeahhh....for the leatherrrrrr....

I have never heard of Adams up here in Canada,not sure if it's available here either!

But after reading the previous posts Adams seems to be a very popular product to use,so I will be getting some when I head back to my winter retreat in Phoenix real soon. Can anyone tell me where it is sold please?

Adam's for me. Works on everything from paint to bare metal.

I've also used LucasOil Slick Mist, but I've never tried it on glass. It's great on paint and chrome, creates a slippery surface as you describe, and smells VERY good.

Jer

+1 Lucas Oil quick wax. Works great on plastic, vinyl stripes and glass.

I have never heard of Adams up here in Canada,not sure if it's available here either!

But after reading the previous posts Adams seems to be a very popular product to use,so I will be getting some when I head back to my winter retreat in Phoenix real soon. Can anyone tell me where it is sold please?

http://www.adamspolishes.com/

click on find a dealer at the bottom of the page, then click on Canada. You will see a distributor in Canada and multiple vendors

Or, here's a direct link to the Canada site of Adams:

http://www.adamspolishes.ca/

Edited by JeffJ