DubbsFaris

While browsing for a Pantera....I found this

Other than the Terlingua Yellow transverse nose strip, what makes this CSX Cobra a Terlingua model?

She is pretty cool.

The short story is there are Terlingua Cobras built by Shelby and licensed by Bill Neale and Terlingua Racing. Bill made a promise to a friend he built one for that he would limit these to a total of 10 Cobras. They never built 10 originals, and a couple years ago it was proposed that Bill allow the remaining Cobras to be built.

I would guess this would likely be one of the those if it is real. But Im not sure this is real. Like you said, I see no specific things in the photo that shows it is one of the real ones. Im sure some of our owners would be able to tell right away though. My understanding is there was one that sold to an outsider. I was curious if this were it.

It does't have any of the other markings. Teringua Racing Team down the side, the "2-10" or whatever number it was on the front fascia. They did only make 10 of them. I know where 3 are.

"While browsing for a Pantera...."

....what an awsome opening phrase to start off a topic.

I saw it up for sale a while back I think they where asking 120 for it. I don't think it was a Terlingua car. but for what that car was, it seemed like a pretty good deal.

I wanted a Pantera sooo bad when I was young but couldn't afford it. Used they were only about $5000-6000 back then.

oooooo...FE aluminum Roush engine, carbon fiber body..... I likey!!!! :rockon: I wouldn't care if it were one of the Terlingua one's or not. That would just be a bonus!

Edited by JeffJ
  • Like 1

I wanted a Pantera sooo bad when I was young but couldn't afford it. Used they were only about $5000-6000 back then.

Can recall looking at a couple at Lincoln Mercury Dealerships new in 1971-73 and thinking, "WOW! $7,500 for a new one. That was all the money in the world." :drop:

I know, right?

I really want a Pantera, and I really want a Terlingua Cobra.

I've had a few chances to own each, but what holds me back is what I need- I need a Ford GT,

Heritage please.

But, I am always open to a 12k project Pantera. I don't know, i think im getting obsessive over this whole car thing.

They all sound so damn good to me.

I know, right?

I've had a few chances to own each, but what holds me back is what I need- I need a Ford GT,

Heritage please.

But, I am always open to a 12k project Pantera. I don't know, i think im getting obsessive over this whole car thing.

They all sound so damn good to me.

I feel ya Warren.......................I also need the Ford GT.

- I need a Ford GT,

Heritage please.

275ish.... :drop:

.......................I also need the Ford GT.

That makes 3 of us....

275ish.... :drop:

That makes 3 of us....

I have a feeling you and/or Warren will have a GT before I do. :cry:

I'll try and be gracious with well wishes and congratulations.............but inside I'll be green with envy.

I know, right?

Heritage please.

Will split the Heritage. With you.

When I was in high school my grandfather wanted to buy me a new Pantera. My grandmother wouldn't let him do it!! :glare:

This past Sunday I discovered one of my never talk to neighbors has a bright yellow Pantera. Looked very original and sounded awesome. I will flag him down next time and talk cars.

• Like 1