Grabber

Another Batch of GT500KR Wheels for sale to the General Public

I wanted to let my fellow GT500 owners know that another batch of GT500KR wheels are being released to the general public for purchase. These will not last long so If you are interested in getting a set, you should act immediately. These are not on Ebay. They can be purchased from Ford Racing Performance Parts distributer listed in the link below. I just picked up another set. This most likely will be your last opportunity to purchase these wheels:

http://www.buyfordracing.com/shelby-gt-500kr-wheel-set-of-4/

I think I just heard a few KR owners heads explode.

Here we go again.

:fan:

:hide:

And these wheels will be shipped in single easy to handle 35# boxes and they will be DOUBLE boxed for extra protection.

Wow, Maybe the hood will be next. Even though I have a Cervinis KR style hood ,an original would be better!!!! :hysterical2: JDB will have a heart attack . Ed

Wow, Maybe the hood will be next. Even though I have a Cervinis KR style hood ,an original would be better!!!! :hysterical2: JDB will have a heart attack . Ed

I doubt there's a big stock of spare hoods laying around like there were wheels. Too expensive and not nearly as likely to be damaged (and need replacing).

Just my hunch,

Phill

Too expensive...

Just my hunch,

Phill

If you can have your hunch, I can have mine.

For a company that specializes in carbon fiber, those hoods aren't as expensive as you might think. At 2,000 units, $500 would be tops...but that's still a $1m order!

If you can have your hunch, I can have mine.

For a company that specializes in carbon fiber, those hoods aren't as expensive as you might think. At 2,000 units, $500 would be tops...but that's still a $1m order!

Like I said in the other post, fair (and honest) enough. You're entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.

As for the cost of the hoods, the original ones cost Shelby $3500 each. That was the cost PER CAR for the hood, the splitter and....uhh, one more CF item but I can't remember what it is/was right now. And I don't think it's the mirror caps so I'm thinking it was the rockers but can't remember if the KR came with CF rockers or not. So maybe it is the mirror caps (CRS).

Phill

Like I said in the other post, fair (and honest) enough. You're entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.

As for the cost of the hoods, the original ones cost Shelby $3500 each. That was the cost PER CAR for the hood, the splitter and....uhh, one more CF item but I can't remember what it is/was right now. And I don't think it's the mirror caps so I'm thinking it was the rockers but can't remember if the KR came with CF rockers or not. So maybe it is the mirror caps (CRS).

Phill

Mirror caps yes, nothing on the rockers, just stock black plastic

Good time to be in the market for GT500 wheels.

Phill

Original "ones" maybe...as in prototypes. Otherwise, there's this bridge...and it's for sale...

Original "ones" maybe...as in prototypes. Otherwise, there's this bridge...and it's for sale...

No, production units. The ones that Shelby installed on your KR.

Phill

Yeah, ummm, no. You can go ahead and believe that all you want. That # is so far off it's not even on this planet. I doubt you would be privy to the truth either.

:salute:Thanks to my FRPP dealer Mike.....My "Spare" KR replacement wheel arrived today. Remember I had one out of the 9 delivered a couple weeks ago damaged. Now I won't have to get a spare from SA if I ever have any damage to my wheels or my wifes wheels.

Anyways It arrived in perfect condition. There was a surprise inside the box too. :happy feet:

001-3.jpg
006-1.jpg
007-2.jpg
008-2.jpg
009-3.jpg
010-2.jpg

I must admit that I was a little worried when I saw that there was a small hole in the side of the box. I noticed the hole breached both boxs. However no contact was made with the wheel. :happy feet:

003-2.jpg
004-1.jpg
005-3.jpg

:rant:

You giving me the finger? :redcard:

Hi Joegie,

Good to see you pop in here. Don't be a stranger. You have many friends here. I read thru your house thread and was very impressed. could not comment in there becaus I am not a paying member of that site.....but want to tell you that your new place and shop is very nice :)

Grabber - good to see you get your replacement ( and keeping a tight ship ) safe and sound ! :whew: It's nice that they threw in a shirt for Tana and a parts catalog for you :hysterical:

FYI - the original manufacturer of the the KR hoods sold off the 10 -12 hoods that they had about 3 years ago when neither SAI or Ford would buy/pick them up from the original orders and they were not requiring KR ownership at that time . They sold for $4000 . Guess they didn't get the memo either JDB - so don't be surprised if they do come onto the open market . ( Got a black one back then - yes they were painted) . Just saying . JMO

Edited by Albino500

Joe, long time no readie, how is your alternate reality these days? Wish you would hang out here more often. :rockon:

Howdy.

Thanks for the invite. Miss some of the "old gang" too so I may have to jump on here more often. :salute:

Hi Joegie,

Good to see you pop in here. Don't be a stranger. You have many friends here. I read thru your house thread and was very impressed. could not comment in there becaus I am not a paying member of that site.....but want to tell you that your new place and shop is very nice :)

Hi bro. Thanks for the kind words. While my shop may not be as big as yours, I used yours as an example of what I want it to be. Next up is running some electric and then insulating.

BTW - it was great reading about David on your FB posts. I still remember your posts/pics from back in the early days when he was just a youngster. He's growing to be quite a young man. :happy feet:

Yeah, ummm, no. You can go ahead and believe that all you want. That # is so far off it's not even on this planet. I doubt you would be privy to the truth either.

It was clearly outlined in the papers Plasan filed with the court.

It explicity gave the price for their product to Shelby.

That's FACT, not something I "heard".

And *you* can believe whatever *you* want but it's becoming obvious that you're not interested in hearing the truth.

Phill

Hmmm, post a link or a photo. I'd love to see it.

I Lost all my bookmarks in a HD reload. You should be able to google Plasan (not sure if that's the right spelling) vs. Shelby and find it.

It was also linked or posted on this site, WAYY back when.

Phill

Hmmm, post a link or a photo. I'd love to see it.

I Lost all my bookmarks in a HD reload. You should be able to google Plasan (not sure if that's the right spelling) vs. Shelby and find it.

It was also linked or posted on this site, WAYY back when.

Phill

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/vermont/vtdce/1:2009cv00287/18390/

FYI - the original manufacturer of the the KR hoods sold off the 10 -12 hoods that they had about 3 years ago when neither SAI or Ford would buy/pick them up from the original orders and they were not requiring KR ownership at that time . They sold for $4000 . Guess they didn't get the memo either JDB - so don't be surprised if they do come onto the open market . ( Got a black one back then - yes they were painted) . Just saying . JMO

Mine was silver...

I've got a PACER account, so I just logged-in and am reading all the documents in the complaint history.

It explicity gave the price for their product to Shelby.

Phill

Well, although I wouldn't call it "explicitly", it did reference an "approximation", which mathematically amounts to $3,800. I stand corrected.

That is an absolutely crazy amount though. Maybe it shows the advancements in carbon fiber cost reduction in just 5 years. I have experience with pricing for carbon fiber components that are not only consumer-grade for aesthetics, but structural engineering and performance complexity being much more critical than a car hood. We're seeing unit prices in 2013 of $500-$600 and in less volume than the hood order. Apples to oranges comparison I agree, but better than no real frame of reference at all.

I also did not know that Plasan was charged with providing the hoods turn-key with painted finish applied, which yes, decorative final finishes are extra work and cost.

The first thing I noticed about Plasan's web site is that they show Oshkosh Truck as one of their key customers. Oshkosh is a huge defense contractor of military vehicles, and Shelby's decision to go to a supplier who is accustomed to high-dollar unit prices for military contract work might also be a major factor in that high price, IMHO.

In my experience with Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers for automotive, the big 3 are notorious cheap-skates who nickle and dime their suppliers, pay their bills late, and drive for never-good-enough deadlines. Being automotive, I assumed Shelby and its execs came from the same background for applying price pressures. I am stunned to see what appears to me to be a contract for approximately $6.6m + tooling costs for 1747 hoods and splitters. I'll be honest, I am just blown away by that.

Otherwise, there's this bridge...and it's for sale...

JDB - Are you trying to sell that bridge that I offered you previously ? Since you act like you have taken possession - I'll assume your check is in the mail .

I'll be the one who is stunned if your $6.6m check arrives ( Damn cheap for a bridge I might add ). Damn KR owners - posting in the Shelby GT500 ( 2007-2009 ) section - they should get their own section . :hysterical:

Edited by Albino500