Dubbs

2010 Shelby pre-production car gauge font

I've got a 2010 pre production car and i'm trying to find out if the gauge font is unique....does anybody else have a font like this ??

DSC_1036_zps9109c813.jpg

VERY cool. BOTH the metric speedo AND the variation on the speedo font - which is an inverted centerline version of the current production font and one of my all-time favorites.

I'd love to have a metric speedo on my '13/'14 cars - just to have the 220mph maximum depicted as 350-360kph. :)

just curoius--how did you get a pre-production car..BTW my car was made in June,just a few days before they starting shipping after several qualty holds--there were cars made in Feb that sat outside for a few months.There were 2 holds that i recall one was the HIDs,and the other was that several cars that sat had the dashboard crack from being in the sun--so they had to go thru all the cars one at a time So my car was one of thje first actually shipped,but there were lots of very upset folks who had ordered way before me.Did you car have HIDsr any issues with the dash??

There's the preproduction factory outlet store right next to the loading doxk at Flat Rock.

It's a lot like TJ Maxx - only with lots more chrome. :)

Just a Canadian gauge nothing special. Just makes it hard to read the MPH

Well...something is strange..

I've got a 2010 GT-500 Canadian vehicle built 08/31/2009 with KPH / MPH speedo but my font is just plain single numbers for both similar to how the

MPH is done on this gauge.

Those numbers are the same font as the GT-500 logo on the rocker.

For a second, I was wondering how the hell I started a topic on a gauge I don't even have.

And the next second, I found myself getting jealous that my speedo only goes to 220.

But then I saw the Kmh.

Are you in Canada?

yes

just curoius--how did you get a pre-production car..BTW my car was made in June,just a few days before they starting shipping after several qualty holds--there were cars made in Feb that sat outside for a few months.There were 2 holds that i recall one was the HIDs,and the other was that several cars that sat had the dashboard crack from being in the sun--so they had to go thru all the cars one at a time So my car was one of thje first actually shipped,but there were lots of very upset folks who had ordered way before me.Did you car have HIDsr any issues with the dash??

I bought the car used...the dealer picked it up at a ford aution. They said it was an executives car and spent most of its life in michigan, although it was a canadian car. When I went to register it, I was the first owner, dispite it being used.

here is my build sheet

DSC_1039_zps952275d0.jpg

as you can see, the build date for my 2010 was actually in 2008.

Another oddity is the car only came with side stripes.

I did not have any issues with the car.

Well...something is strange..

I've got a 2010 GT-500 Canadian vehicle built 08/31/2009 with KPH / MPH speedo but my font is just plain single numbers for both similar to how the

MPH is done on this gauge.

Those numbers are the same font as the GT-500 logo on the rocker.

also match the shelby lettering on the trunk lid

yes

I bought the car used...the dealer picked it up at a ford aution. They said it was an executives car and spent most of its life in michigan, although it was a canadian car. When I went to register it, I was the first owner, dispite it being used.

here is my build sheet

DSC_1039_zps952275d0.jpg

as you can see, the build date for my 2010 was actually in 2008.

Another oddity is the car only came with side stripes.

I did not have any issues with the car.

also match the shelby lettering on the trunk lid

The trunk lettering should be the same on all 2010 and up GT-500 vehicles but that gauge font is very unique.. is the tach done the same way ?

The trunk lettering should be the same on all 2010 and up GT-500 vehicles but that gauge font is very unique.. is the tach done the same way ?

yes, I know the lettering is all the same on all cars, just saying it matches the gauges....and yes,tach is the same

Edited by Dubbs

That's pretty unique! I wish my 2010 was 20 of 20 instead of 134 of 187 or whatever my build sheet claims haha

Those SVT "X of Y" numbers are next to meaningless in terms of reflecting a car's overall uniqueness. SVT has used model year and exterior paint color only.

If we were merely discussing color, perhaps I might almost agree, since stripes are vinyl and can be added, changed or deleted at will. But Ford also chose to key the interior stripe to the exterior and making each car one of far fewer overall than Ford would claim even by its own overly-generalized arbitrary standard.

Note that Ford even will offer take rate totals for each option - but NEVER by exact combinations which would offer a peek behind the curtain of what it likely considers to be trade secret option packaging data.

VERY few sources can actually specify how many of a particular build combination actually exist. Even then, it could be broken down further by non-option properties like Smokers' Kits and Metric Instrumentation for units made for export.

For a second, I was wondering how the hell I started a topic on a gauge I don't even have.

And the next second, I found myself getting jealous that my speedo only goes to 220.

But then I saw the Kmh.

360 for the 13s I will show you next week.

Glen