BluesGT

Mustang 50th Anniversary - Charlotte Motor Speedway

Yep, at least the chance for rain is decreasing.

Wed

Apr 16

61°

34°

Mostly Sunny

CHANCE OF RAIN:

0%

WIND:

NE at 9 mph

Details

Apr 17

65°

41°

Partly Cloudy

CHANCE OF RAIN:

0%

WIND:

NE at 7 mph

Details

Fri

Apr 18

65°

50°

Few Showers

CHANCE OF RAIN:

30%

WIND:

NE at 7 mph

Details

Sat

Apr 19

69°

47°

Showers

CHANCE OF RAIN:

40%

WIND:

N at 7 mph

Details

Sun

Apr 20

72°

49°

Mostly Cloudy

CHANCE OF RAIN:

0%

WIND:

NW at 5 mph

Details

Mach 1 is as ready as possible with the possibility of rain on route. Rain-x reapplied...

I'll be leaving here in about an hour. The plan is to be in NC tomorrow afternoon.

See everyone at the show / M.O.R.E. parking!

post-42677-0-82007100-1397468892_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I should be arriving in Charlotte by 3:00pm if all goes well. I hate driving thru S. Carolina, Highway Patrol are all over I-85 there.

Shelby eh, mach 1 looks nice. I am going w/ painters tape for the trip..LOL will be adding around 2200 miles round trip to her...

can't wait.

• Like 1

Mach 1 is as ready as possible with the possibility of rain on route. Rain-x reapplied...

I'll be leaving here in about an hour. The plan is to be in NC tomorrow afternoon.

See everyone at the show / M.O.R.E. parking!

Be safe, Ray. See you there in MY Shelby. (LOL) Hopefully you can bring yours to Carlisle. ;)

leaving early tomorrow..............trailering the SS......I will be arriving Wed noon....see you guys...drive safe

Ride leaves tomorrow 5:00 am, car shows up on Pilot truck at 10:00 Wednesday. Hope we are gone by time project 2-3" of snow starts. Glad mine is on a truck and we have three drivers in a 4x4 Navigator.

Put 13 cases of water in the trunk of the Shelby so there will be plenty of water for those joining us in the Team Shelby M.O.R.E. parking. Compliments of the Great Lakes Region Directors.

Tom

• Like 1

Weather is what it is! Packing up and headed out at sunrise tomorrow! See all in Charlotte!! Fun Time!!!!!

Leaving tomorrow, early am, from Carlisle, PA area, heading down I-81. If anyone wants to join up.... :shift:

Edited by BluesGT

Just arrived, drove through some of the worst, heaviest rain I've ever experienced.....tons of fun in the GT-500

So the question that everyone is probably asking...where's the nearest self serve car wash to clean off all the road grime from the trip?

My house (as long as you bring a 12 pack of Duck Rabbit, Dogfish 90, New Belgium 1554, etc..... no cheap beer). Soap and water provided. I'm about 30 minutes from the speedway. ;)

Edited by ViperNC
  • Like 1

I drove through north Louisiana yesterday PM along I-20 westbound, and saw a large group of 50 or so on their way. But the weather was horrendous, heavy rain, strong winds blowing trees and signs down. And a poor '69 coupe was sitting abandoned along the highway west of Monroe, hope they make it.

We (me and Chris) are here.

Whew what a drive.

My bra took a direct hit by something, not sure what it was.

We drove through rain, sleet and yes some snow.

Hungry and thirsty ;) so off to get something to eat.

• Like 1

I rolled in at 1:00pm. Staying at the Holliday Inn at Exit 45. My buddy is staying at the HI at Exit 49. There is a late model GT 500 from Canada that NOW has Front End damage that looks hours old. Several Mustangs from California are here as well.

So the question that everyone is probably asking...where's the nearest self serve car wash to clean off all the road grime from the trip?

There are NO self service Car Washes ANY WHERE around here. I drove for 35 Miles around looking for one.

The weather Gods were mean early but now looks great for the whole 50th week. Sorry to hear about some car damage mentioned above. When you least expect it, something seems to happen. [

quote name=tesgt350" post="1531807" timestamp="1397609723]

There are NO self service Car Washes ANY WHERE around here. I drove for 35 Miles around looking for one.

I would go to Walmart and get some suds and ask your hotel if they have a hose and a bucket. I stayed in Mooresville during Autofair at the HGI and they were more than accommodating.

Any cheap hotel Ice Bucket works fine for washing your car, lots of trips though.

CaptDave

Post some pictures please ?

What happens in NC stays in NC.....!!! LoL. Oh my aching liver.....

AMATURE! :whistling:

Thank you for sharing the photos! That looks like a lot of fun. What a great group of mustangs, something for everyone.

I drove through north Louisiana yesterday PM along I-20 westbound, and saw a large group of 50 or so on their way. But the weather was horrendous, heavy rain, strong winds blowing trees and signs down. And a poor '69 coupe was sitting abandoned along the highway west of Monroe, hope they make it.

You live in NM right so why not go to Vegas? Not much to do in Charlotte

Starting Today........they are expecting about 8000 Mustangs here.

Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about. Charlotte may not be Vegas, but no other place is Vegas. If you're looking for slot machines, the endless buffet, and hookers, you're right... you won't find that here. We offer things to do such as this:

www.usnwc.org

http://cltbrewtours.com/

http://charlotteknightsatuptown.com/

http://www.charlottecentercity.org/play/nightlife/

www.victorylanekarting.com

www.nba/bobcats.com

www.panthers.com

www.blumenthalarts.org

www.carolinamotorsportspark.com

www.nascarhall.com

I could keep going..... Charlotte is also home to Johnson and Wales University (culinary school) which in turn has elevated the dining options in Charlotte to rival cities such as New York, LA, Chicago, etc. There is plenty to do here in Charlotte. All you have to do is look around and you'll find something of interest.

Edited by ViperNC

Charlotte is a great town been there many times. Vegas is lights neon and more neon and hot as hell in the summer. You can fry an egg on the sidewalk for sure.

I was heading westbound, they were heading eastbound to Charlotte. I couldn't make either place anyway, too much golf to watch in Augusta…. :victory: