BluesGT

Mustang 50th Anniversary - Charlotte Motor Speedway

Wow great pictures thanks a lot .

Awesome pictures & looks like a great time in Charlotte! Hope everyone has a great time & wish I was there. Keep the pics coming - weather looks great!

Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about. Charlotte may not be Vegas, but no other place is Vegas. If you're looking for slot machines, the endless buffet, and hookers, you're right... you won't find that here. We offer things to do such as this:

www.usnwc.org

http://cltbrewtours.com/

http://charlotteknightsatuptown.com/

http://www.charlottecentercity.org/play/nightlife/

www.victorylanekarting.com

www.nba/bobcats.com

www.panthers.com

www.blumenthalarts.org

www.carolinamotorsportspark.com

www.nascarhall.com

I could keep going..... Charlotte is also home to Johnson and Wales University (culinary school) which in turn has elevated the dining options in Charlotte to rival cities such as New York, LA, Chicago, etc. There is plenty to do here in Charlotte. All you have to do is look around and you'll find something of interest.

Lets see if you want to be that picky... who said anything about hookers!!

Sports? I got that here

Nascar? lmao seriously I'd rather watch paint dry

The rest, every metro area has the same stuff

Did anywhere in what I said slammed Charlotte no so stop assuming crap and go back to your event. Outside the event there is no comparison when it comes to Dining, Hotels, Sight seeing, and I can go on but you made your list so I'm just replying.

We've already been there done that at Charlotte and tired and having the biggest events in the same location as there are hundreds of tracks throughout the U.S. and frankly far superior to Charlotte Motor Speedway.

And by the way, as my brother being a culinary trained chef the past 27 years and having a culinary school in your city has nothing to do with your dining options lol c'mon man

You had to comment so take it or shut up

The rest, every metro area has the same stuff

You had to comment so take it or shut up

Every Metro area has the same stuff - Every Metro area has the largest man made white water facility in the world? Really? And I guess you are discounting that Charlotte and other cities in NC have become the hub for the craft beer mecca on the East Coast.

Take it or shut up - You're so classy. :redcard:

Edit - I'm not a fan of NASCAR either. So at least we have that in common.

Edited by ViperNC

More pictures since I'm not there to enjoy it. Keep them coming cause it' s raining again in Attlanta for the never ending winter. 56 for the high I need some Shelby pictures PLEASE !!!

More pictures since I'm not there to enjoy it. Keep them coming cause it' s raining again in Attlanta for the never ending winter. 56 for the high I need some Shelby pictures PLEASE !!!

It started raining here about 5:30pm and is supposed to last until about Noon Tomorrow. But there is a LOT of super cool cars here and a lot of people have showed that they have a GREAT imagination and craftsmanship.

Edited by tesgt350

It started raining here about 5:30pm and is supposed to last until about Noon. But there is a LOT of super cool cars here and a lot of people have showed that they have a GREAT imagination and craftsmanship.

Definitely hoping the rain will subside early Saturday. Was hoping to get out there today, but the weather is not cooperating at the moment.

My family and I watched the whole parade in the rain. I swear the whole show field drove by. All types and classes of cars drove by. Really impressed with all the Stangers that toughed it out. I saw at least 3-4 vintage Shelby's drive by, wipers going full blast. My boys and I hung around the racing paddock for several hours today. What a thrill for them and me. We talked to several SGT drivers and a gentleman who had his black KR on the track. The quality of the cars was outstanding. The speeds were insane for the fast group. I will post some pics after I get back. They are all on my phone. Rain is suppose to stop tomorrow morning. I even found a driver's side glass for my 66 Fastback.

Vegas would have been sooooo much better…….. :lol:

Key words being "WOULD HAVE BEEN"................................. :hysterical2:

"Better" is relative..... Drier - absolutely. Not much can be done about the weather.

Well I can't thank you enough for all those pictures. Looks like a great time for all no matter the weather. There must be a mustang for all people judging from the variety of mustangs on the infield. I bet the sounds from the cars on the track just added more excitement to the whole event. 50 years of Mustang and who could imagine how far this car has come. Thanks to guys like Mr Shelby , SVT and TEAM MUSTANG for having the imagination for creating such halo cars for us to enjoy .

Thanks again for taking the time to show us what a great event this is.

Edited by mach 1 1970

Well I can't thank you enought for all those pictures. Looks like a great time for all no matter the weather. There must be a mustang for all people judging from the variety of mustangs on the infield. I bet the sounds from the cars on the track just added more excitement to the whole event. 50 years of Mustang and who could imagine how far this car has come. Thanks to guys like Mr Shelby ,SVT and team Mustang for having the imagination for creating such halo cars for us to enjoy .

Thanks again for taking the time to show us what a great event this is.[/quo

How many mustangs showed up ?

Edited by mach 1 1970

Well I can't thank you enought for all those pictures. Looks like a great time for all no matter the weather. There must be a mustang for all people judging from the variety of mustangs on the infield. I bet the sounds from the cars on the track just added more excitement to the whole event. 50 years of Mustang and who could imagine how far this car has come. Thanks to guys like Mr Shelby and SVT for having the imagination for creating such halo cars for us to enjoy .

Thanks again for taking the time to show us what a great event this is.

One question how does the 2015 mustang look in person ?

Haven't run into any of you guys yet, except DrKSGT. Great Lakes guys are doing a great job with the MORE parking. Haven't got around to getting my pictures together yet. My wife is taking a bunch with her Nikon and I have a few on my phone. Amazing amount of Mustangs, I am definitely in overload. I think I saw my old '69 429 Boss here.

If you're in the MORE area look for the PA license, GT Blues. Hope the rain stops today, I'll be at the track shortly.

2015 looks great. In person in my opinion still raining here....been eating lots of good BBQ. & washing it down with tasty beer choices!! Heading to the banquet dinner tonight ,then convoying back to pa with ray Sunday morning. Been a great time despite the crappy weather driving down on tues & the rain this morning. !!!

The 2015 looks okay.

Here is a picture I took from the show

post-42677-0-09309900-1397921271_thumb.jpg

post-42677-0-70767100-1397921289_thumb.jpg

post-42677-0-95486500-1397921303_thumb.jpg

post-42677-0-07082600-1397921336_thumb.jpg

LV has had nothing but miserable lines and horrible food. Totally disorganized and mis-managed. So bad that I am leaving today instead of trying to endure more lines and bad food. Worst event I have EVER attended.

LV has had nothing but miserable lines and horrible food. Totally disorganized and mis-managed. So bad that I am leaving today instead of trying to endure more lines and bad food. Worst event I have EVER attended.

Whoa! Sounds like MCA and the other organizers weren't up to the task. But I heard Charlotte was also a crowded mess too, with rain and freezing temps along with it. Maybe the food was better?

I definitely agree with cobra567 that Vegas was a huge disorganized fiasco. We are also leaving today. None of the volunteers knew any information and thats not their fault. The lack of vendors in the parking area and if you wanted to go see anything you had to walk almost a half mile. No parking inside the track like there appeared to be at Charlotte. But despite all the hassles, it was still worth it to park with Team Shelby and talk the great club members.

Edited by 05mustangman

Wow..... sorry to hear about negative feedback in either location. As for the rain in NC... it is sitting on top of us and just will not blow through. I feel bad for the organizers and participants. Sunshine makes all the difference for events like this.

One question how does the 2015 mustang look in person ?

AWESOME

Whoa! Sounds like MCA and the other organizers weren't up to the task. But I heard Charlotte was also a crowded mess too, with rain and freezing temps along with it. Maybe the food was better?

Charlotte was GREAT. When you have over 5000 Cars on Friday along with Hundreds of Thousands of People milling about, Charlotte Rocked It. The Food was great but a bit pricey. Steve Saleen was great, as usual, and he Sponsored our Banquet, Check out my Day Four Photos. The Chief Engineer for the Mustang was there as well and gave us a lot of insight on the new 2015 Mustangs. Oh.......the Man who designed the First Mustang was there to. Yes, it rained all day today but it was still a good day and they even Ran on the Track all day. Vaughn Gittin Jr. was there and performed with another Mustang at the Half Day Break. Tomorrow will be a Sunny Day and should be a good time. Last Night they did a Mustang Cruise and that Cruise will be in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the Largest Automotive Cruise in the World with just over 2500 Mustangs.

So CHARLOTTE WAS & IS GREAT

Day FOUR:

https://www.facebook.com/david.hawkins.148/media_set?set=a.10201937777189665.1073741848.1341604170&type=3

Check out ALL of the Photos that I posted, Day One to Day Four and you will see some VERY cool and very RARE Mustangs, such as a, 1969 Shelby DeMexico GT 350 (Silver) and a 1973 T5 (Blue) along with many more.

Edited by tesgt350

Charlotte was GREAT. When you have over 5000 Cars on Friday along with Hundreds of Thousands of People milling about, Charlotte Rocked It. The Food was great but a bit pricey. Steve Saleen was great, as usual, and he Sponsored our Banquet, Check out my Day Four Photos. The Chief Engineer for the Mustang was there as well and gave us a lot of insight on the new 2015 Mustangs. Oh.......the Man who designed the First Mustang was there to. Yes, it rained all day today but it was still a good day and they even Ran on the Track all day. Vaughn Gittin Jr. was there and performed with another Mustang at the Half Day Break. Tomorrow will be a Sunny Day and should be a good time. Last Night they did a Mustang Cruise and that Cruise will be in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the Largest Automotive Cruise in the World with just over 2500 Mustangs.

So CHARLOTTE WAS & IS GREAT

The Cruise went by a friend of mine's house and he said the low rumble of all those V8's was unbelievable and went on forever as the entire line of Mustangs drove by his neighborhood. What a site that must have been to see. Yes the sun will finally break through the clouds for Sunday and provide a wonderful Easter Sunday and final day for the 50th Anniversary in CLT. Glad to hear the damp weather has not dampened the spirits of all the participants.

Is there a way to see your photos if you do not have a facebook account? I tried to view, but it won't let me in.

Edited by ViperNC

Friends did the Mustangs Across America with 500 Mustangs from Los Angeles to Charlotte and had a blast. They report Charlotte is way colder that expected and the event is overwhelming with so much to see and do. They have been having a great time there.