gene64cobra

85th birthday bash book

hey guys, up for sale the 85th birthday bash picture book. this would be a must if you attended. and if not a way to feel apart of

an amazing event. I am not very skilled with a camera or posting pics but can sent text pics or forward a pic of the cover to an e-mail

not advertised anywhere else starting here 1st for sale. asking $500. e-mail me at gene64cobra@juno.com or pm me.

thanks for looking.

Edited by gene64cobra

Good luck Gene! Hope all works in your favor.

I wish I had one of these books. I can only see them going up in value.

I have never seen them for sale except when Amy first put them out. I think only 50 were made.

I wish I had one of these books. I can only see them going up in value.

I have never seen them for sale except when Amy first put them out. I think only 50 were made.

Way more than 50 were printed. The Shelby Store and Museum gift shop had these for sale for several years. And before anyone starts calling, no there are none left.

Steve

Way more than 50 were printed. The Shelby Store and Museum gift shop had these for sale for several years. And before anyone starts calling, no there are none left.

Steve

:hysterical:

Good luck with the sale Gene.

I opened mine and took it to the Bull Run 2008 in Terlingua and had it signed by all the important people's :-)

ChicagoChris im not that good with the posting pics send me a e-mail if you would like or text me 918-381-4211 and I will send.

maybe someone else can :)

Steve

Are you sure Steve? I thought that the HERTZ, SHELBY GT and the 85th Birthday Books were printed up by Amy and there were only about 50 of each book. I remember every freaking out at how much they cost when they were released. I hope Sharon or Robert chime in.

I remember every freaking out at how much they cost when they were released. I hope Sharon or Robert chime in.

Me too, and now look at them :doh:

I'd love to have one of the Shelby GT books!

Are you sure Steve? I thought that the HERTZ, SHELBY GT and the 85th Birthday Books were printed up by Amy and there were only about 50 of each book. I remember every freaking out at how much they cost when they were released. I hope Sharon or Robert chime in.

If I recall the SGT & GTH books sold out first with the 85th book hanging out for quite a while longer. These books weren't cheap which is probably why they stayed around as long as they did.

Rob/Sharon may recall the quantity originally ordered.

Steve

I opened mine and took it to the Bull Run 2008 in Terlingua and had it signed by all the important people's :-)

? !!

Carroll, Bob Bondurant, Tom Yeagar and his wife, Sue Bill Neale

I picked one of the Shelby GT books up last year, and I'm glad I did...especially now that the Shelby HQ is moving to a new facility, it will be nice to have all these old pictures and documentary processing of our SGTs in the old building.

I heard that they originally printed a little over 5,000 of the Shelby GT books, but then one night a bunch of the old employees were having a contest using some of the delivery and supply trucks to see who could run the fastest lap times at Las Vegas Motor Speedway across the way. Someone rolled over the supply truck that had the lion's share of the SGT books and they caught fire and burned in turn #3 in the crash.

I guess that's why they are so pricey.....only about 2,200 copies remain....hmmmm....

Andy.

stangfever if interested in the Shelby gt book. let me know I have one as well to sell. thanks.

I lowered the asking price on the 85th book to 500. these books are very special picture books amazing times amazing pics amazing history.

thanks guys.