Sign in to follow this  
Denstang65

Actor Paul Walker Is Dead At The Age Of 40!

I enjoyed the F&F movies. I signed onto my yahoo page and saw the news caption. Said that he was involved in a car crash as a passenger. It happened here in So. Cal. Look it up on the internet to find out the details. Really sad! He was 40 years young. He will be missed!

Thanks for posting, saw this as well.

I too am shocked. Really liked him as an actor. The F&F movies are entertaining and add another dimension to our Automotive passion. :salute:

Paul will surely be missed. May you RIP, my condolences to the family and friends. Another dies before their time. :shrug:

It is horrible news. He was way too young to die.

This is also a good reason to NOT let anybody drive your car especially if they are not familiar with how it handles and with the raw power of it.

It is horrible news. He was way too young to die.

This is also a good reason to NOT let anybody drive your car especially if they are not familiar with how it handles and with the raw power of it.

It wasn't Paul's car. It was his friend Roger Rodas, driving his own car, who also died in the crash.

His buddy and partner Roger Rodas was also one helluva shoe in a race car. Both of them were very good drivers. I don't know exactly what happened, but most likely, they were not going the speed limit at the time of the crash. All of us need to keep these things in mind and how quickly things can go wrong at any time. Like Andy Lally posted last night, "No matter who you are, you gotta respect the speed ANY car is capable of and more so UNDERSTAND the uncontrollable variables of what you can run into at speed. Any speed." We all screw around sometimes and something like that can happen in an instant any time. There are so many unknowns on any street at any time. These guys were both pros behind the wheel and they were in an amazing car. Be careful out there guys and think twice before doing something that you know that you should not do. There's tracks for that kind of stuff. Again, I don't know that something didn't mechanically go wrong to cause this crash, but the odds are that they were playing too hard. I had great respect for both of these guys. RIP Roger and Paul.

I really didn't care that much for the Fast and Furious movies, mainly because I've seen, and still continue to see, the bad influence they've had. I'm sure there was some good to be found, and I recognize good entertainment, but the number of young kids who think street racing is "cool" astounds me. Sad to see someone die anyplace, but when it's on the street, I feel it makes all gearheads look reckless. Both of these fellows raced professionally and should have known better. As said above, respect the horsepower, have a little fun, but keep the real fun where it belongs - on the track!

Sam

Again, so sad to hear. If anyone is interested in the So Cal area, I am planning a Memorial cruise this next Saturday to the crash site, to pay our respects and leave flowers. Even though they were in the wrong, in which I am sure we all have done wrong at least once in our life, a life is still a life. On a side note, the F&F movies are movies for entertainment only, not to be mimicked, like the warnings stated in the movie credits, and sometimes, stated by the actors themselves. This is why car clubs are encouraged for car enthusiast, and sanction track venues are there to "push" the car to its limits, not on the street. This is why I am very thankful to be part of TS. At least I know, the day I am ready to track my car, it will be at a TS track event!

Edited by Denstang65

Paul W. will be missed and I thank him for all that he has left behind for us to enjoy and remember him.

I'm very sad about this tragic loss.... :cry: I own every Fast & Furious movie, they are my favorite and I'm waiting on buying #6 coming out December 10th. Paul was an outstanding actor and will be missed, may he rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and all the cast members from the F&F movies who have all developed a very close bond with him. :grouphug:

I read somewhere that the car was doing about 45mph when it hit the wall. All the carbon fiber makes the car very light but apparently provides very little protection. Very unfortunate, it sounds like both men were exceptional people.