ViperNC

Uh..... Well.... Its Got A Nice Fit And Finish.

Quote: "would make the Man himself (Carroll Shelby, God Bless his Sole) bring tears to his eyes"

I'll bet it would.

I like my Gotta Have it Green but this is too much for me.

:do what:

Boy, I am glad that I have stuck to the traditional white/blue stripes on mine. I feel mine is more of a tribute. The finish work does look tight and has some personal touches. I would love to have that Paxton set-up. I do like the looks of the different power hat for the Paxton instead of the traditional black hat.

Here is the one I'm watching right now... Would look nice parked next to my '09. Doubt it will happen though. I think the guy is a little too proud of his car, but it does have the Paxton.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291067037842?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

Yeah I agree that it is a little on the high side, but you would get the Paxton! I think the guy should have the stock rear lower valance instead of the GT style that were not used on the GT350s, as well as going with the traditional white/blue stripe to be more of a representation of the 65 GT350. It is a nice looking tribute though.

Remember, there is an ass for every seat out there. But it never ceases to amaze me what people will do to Mustangs they would never think of doing to a Corvette or 'Cuda.

Here is the one I'm watching right now... Would look nice parked next to my '09. Doubt it will happen though. I think the guy is a little too proud of his car, but it does have the Paxton.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291067037842?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

First one is hideous.

Second one is pretty decent. Do I detect rear fender flares on the blue one? I will answer my question....yes. Wonder if they are steel or glass? Which begs the question, why keep stock tire sizes with flared fenders?

Edited by 2112

b Both eBay Mustangs are idealist mods that are a cross between a 1965 GT fastback and a 66 GT350 with modern gee wiz upgrades. Nice for car shows and cruising, I guess. To each his own tastes, but the BIN prices are for the work, not the mod value. IMHO But then I see that "tribute" mods that are sold by private offerings and auctions and am stunned at the high numbers.

I have a tough time morally when people use the word "tribute". Whether it's a car that's a "tribute" to Carroll Shelby or a band that's a "tribute" to Led Zeppelin, unless money goes to a cause befitting those creators, it's better themed a "copy". Sorry if I offend anyone, but that's my personal 2 cents.

Jer

• Like 1

I have a tough time morally when people use the word "tribute". Whether it's a car that's a "tribute" to Carroll Shelby or a band that's a "tribute" to Led Zeppelin, unless money goes to a cause befitting those creators, it's better themed a "copy". Sorry if I offend anyone, but that's my personal 2 cents.

Jer

I tend to agree with you, Jer.

"Tribute"? Tribute to *what*?

IMHO, "Tribute" is just a "PC" (cop out) way of saying clone, copy, etc.

Call it what it is.

How many times have you seen "Tribute" used for a Super Snake CLONE? None, that's how many.

That's not to say I wouldn't like to have one. I've seen a couple that are NICELY done. But IMO, they're still just copies or clones of the genuine product.

Phill

Jer

You know what they say: "Plagiarism is the most sincere form of flattery!" I don't mind what people call their cars and realize if it truly were a proper frame off restoration TRIBUTE car it would be out of my price range. I want to find a 65-66 Fastback with the same paint scheme as my '09 so I can enjoy having both cars. I would drive that Fastback regularly so it does not matter if it is called a clone, copy, tribute, garage band car, etc. Its all good. Hard to find a well restored car that meets these specs though. Usually when I find a possible candidate the owner is way to proud of it. Guess I'll keep looking (and keep my wife happy that I didn't go out and buy another vehicle). :sneaking:

Well you could rent it out to the movie studios. It would be a great fit for the next Green Lantern or Green Hornet film. :hysterical:

Hey... it's Gene Simmons. He does things his way. Need I say more? At least it did raise a lot of money for a good cause.

Edited by ViperNC

True, who is going to call him, and that cutie Shannon (who bared all for us to see) on anything? Certainly not Jackson, or his mysterious sidekicks, the guy who wears sunglasses at night and indoors, and the long haired hippie dude……. :drool:

Jer, I was wondering why you have a tough time with the use of the term "tribute" The definition for the term tribute means: a gift, payment, deceleration, or other acknowledgement of gratitude, respect, or admiration; put up a plague.... I feel that my 65 Tribute shows my acknowledgement, my respect and admiration for Mr. Shelby and his brand. My response, by no means is to argue that your opinion is wrong, but hoping that you can respect my reason for why I call my car a tribute instead of a clone or copy. I also feel that many others will agree with you because of the influence of owning a real Shelby, or per haps working for Shelby that would cause a negative tone towards the term tribute. By the way, it is the same I feel about bands, too. Granted, nothing can ever be exactly the same as the real thing, but not everyone can have the opportunity to see the real thing, or ever own the real thing. Regardless of what you might think, I think you are a wonderful human being and a big plus to be on the SAI team. I will always preach the Shelby Gospel to others, and who knows, might even get some people over to the mothership to acquire there latest acquisition, a Shelby!