• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
txcobra

Mods Not Required?

I am fortunate enough to have owned over 20 mustangs, 10 of which were SVT Cobra/Shelbys. I've always had the mod bug and usually never consider the car "finished". This 2013, however, is different. I've done a few things, (air silencer delete, hydraulic hood lifts, oil separator, cat back exhaust, window tint, rear-view mirror radar detector mount ) but I am honestly so happy with the car, I don't think I will be doing much else. The possibility for a pulley and tune is always there and I am sure there may be a few other mods I will run across in the future, but I just don't feel the need to do much else to it, which is so different for cars that I've owned in the past. Anyone else feeling this way? Or are there a bunch of awesome, must-do mods out there that I am just missing out on?

I'm thinking something similar on my 2014. I know I need the hood lifts and possibly a Barton shifter in a few months but this thing has so much more get up and go than my 2011 with mods I can't imagine any power adders. Even the stock exhaust sounds killer to me. Maybe a tune later on for drivability but I didn't think I'll be needing a pulley or other power adders. As the last of the GT-500's, I plan on keeping this one a long time.

I am fortunate enough to have owned over 20 mustangs, 10 of which were SVT Cobra/Shelbys. I've always had the mod bug and usually never consider the car "finished". This 2013, however, is different. I've done a few things, (air silencer delete, hydraulic hood lifts, oil separator, cat back exhaust, window tint, rear-view mirror radar detector mount ) but I am honestly so happy with the car, I don't think I will be doing much else. The possibility for a pulley and tune is always there and I am sure there may be a few other mods I will run across in the future, but I just don't feel the need to do much else to it, which is so different for cars that I've owned in the past. Anyone else feeling this way? Or are there a bunch of awesome, must-do mods out there that I am just missing out on?

1+

I have not owned anywhere close to that number of mustangs, but our 07 has been tricked out quite well. My exp. is the 13 has no better suspension then the stock 07. Stock they both are like driving a boat with suspension component that look like the were made out of old soup cans.

My wife and I have been talking Europe in 2015 and she asked what car should we take. I told her unless the 13 gets fixed we will be taking the 07 and she agreed just not safe. No way I would want to track a stock 13 on the ring or lemans just too scary for me.

I have the Revan 13-6 and long tube headers with the H pipe. I think Im done. I also have done all the comfort mods the OP listed as well, but the LTs are just friggin awesome. No drone, and not too loud unless you really get into it.

Might be something some of you wait for warranties to expire first, but its awesome.

If there is a must have mod though, first thing to dump is the tires for some MPSS.

• Like 1

I'm 45 and have had 8-10 mustangs over the years including an '03 Cobra, 93 Cobra, and a '12 GT500. I've modded them all, but my 13 is different. Honestly, as a street car, to me it needs nothing.

• Like 1

Beauty and perfection is in the eye of the beholder. I think you'll get a lot of varying opinions on this one.

Modded my 11 to 756rwhp, and that dyno is 2 years old. Upgraded the intercooler & replaced the clutch & flywheel, so it's due for a tune.

When the 14 showed up, I found the clutch annoying & the car on the tame side.

We have a plan in motion and parts on order to bring it's performance up a notch or 2. I wouldn't call what I'm doing " required ", but for me it was.

I guess it all comes down to what you want to do with the car. If you plan to track it much, I agree that suspension mods, more meat on the tires and a few more ponies would be the ticket. For a street car, I am leaving it as is.....it's seems strange for me to even to type that, but it's true.

Bought my 13 with every option except the glass roof. It definitely needs some mods. First up is lowering the car. After that is a watts link. Then it is either new wheels and almost any new performance tire that does not carry the Goodyear name, or a spare set of rears and getting them widened and the same new tires. After that, I'll visit the idea of extra power. But, I know that the mods needed first are all about controlling the power already available and improving drivability.

I have been lucky enough to drive some amazing cars (not own them mind you) and the engine on the 13 easily matches those cars, but the drivability is not even close to most of them. Fix that and there are going to be some "super car" owners that are going to be pissed as I pass them. :)

For my KR, most of my mods will be simple and cosmetic. Functional: Shelby watts link, upgrade brakes (F,R) KR hood lift, tranny cooler, Shelby aluminum rad/sc tanks, center dash gauge pod. I am keeping the engine stock for now. I also want to install the FR brake cooling kit. Cosmetically, 20" Alcoa's (bought), Michelin Pilots AS, engine dress up stuff, harness bar, KR shifter ball, KR gas cap cover, KR sill plates. Jer are you listening?

Car is perfect....except for the ride height. For aesthetic reasons a mild set of lowering springs would be my only improvement.

I have had other Mustang and Cobras over the years. I don't plan on changing this one much. It has plenty of power as it sits and I don't want to go down that slippery slope. More power, new traction. Get traction, rear end breaks. Fix rear and clutch goes. It is a vicious cycle. I wanted a bad ass cruiser and this is it. I have done a few mods that were very minor like struts, resonator, etc.

Two items that I have been considering is rims and the factory speakers. I hate cleaning these PP wheels, but I love the look. As far as stereo, if just seems muffled and not crisp and clear at times.

Killer car!!!

Tom