captdave

#1 Reason To Come To Vegas!

I think The Mirage is best to see at night, like most of the big name hotels. Just to the left is Caesar's - Bellagio - Cosmopolitan in that order. To the right is Treasure Island. It's very easy to walk The Vegas Strip, day or night.

12981095993_bd4292fb8c_c.jpg

CaptDave

I think The Mirage is best to see at night, like most of the big name hotels. Just to the left is Caesar's - Bellagio - Cosmopolitan in that order. To the right is Treasure Island. It's very easy to walk The Vegas Strip, day or night.

12981095993_bd4292fb8c_c.jpg

CaptDave

CaptDave,......... Is there anywhere that you go that you don't take any pictures!!!! Lol!

I dug out a few more of the strip.

This is my view from Harrah's, not the best. I hopped along in January with the wife on a business trip, so this room was free. Any room within easy walking distance of the strip is fine. You're not there to sit in your room anyway.

13519549873_7be08dcd93_c.jpg

The Encore & Wynn, snooty high end stuff. This is where The Boss would go when I flew people to Vegas. That's the Fashion Show Mall, another great place to dump the wife & kids. Give's you time to walk the strip and relax by yourself if you like, have a drink maybe?

13527007615_f10d6c0bae_c.jpg

I'm sitting at a Starbuck getting this shot at the Fashion Show Mall. To sit outside at Starbucks in January was a treat. There's still snow on my patio back home and it's the last day of March.

13524729194_3a381c9cf1_c.jpg

Vegas is a great place day or night. I like getting up at sunrise and walking the strip, at the first part of my trip. Then it's a few late dinners and shows and your getting to bed by sunrise by the time you head home.

There's never any snow in Vegas, that's the best part.

13524741974_3676e7139c_c.jpg

CaptDave

Edited by captdave

I think we all missed the "boat" on this post.....the number one reason to visit Vegas is...............the new Shelby American building and the 2014 Team Shelby Bash!!!!!! Period! I really can't think of anything else more important,can you guys!!!??? Lol!

simply put, yes.

• Like 1

Did you get any shots of the Bellagio fountains?

Everyone gets that, day or night. The Bellagio Fountains are my second favorite place to visit in Vegas, after Shelby American.

After visiting Shelby American there are so many options of things to do in Las Vegas. The great part of your visit is you can stay as long as you like and still find new things to do. On all my trips to Vegas I never remember saying, I've run out of things to do".

CaptDave

We arrived on Sunday and there is just too much stuff to see. Did the Blue Man Group at the Monte Carlo Monday and this is by far the best show I have ever seen, Barbie and I loved it, get there 45 minutes early to see the parade in front of the entrance. This is a must see. Jet lag is a problem and it seems like all we do is walk to get to places that look close, but are far away. Today we started using taxi cabs to get around to places and the price seemed reasonable.

Did the shark exhibit at Mandalyn Bay and while the price was cheap, I could have passed on it. Very crowded and humid inside and just not that impressive. Now the hotels on the strip are something to see. Tuesday is a hang out at the MGM day, dinner at Emeril's and downtown to the old strip to see the Friedmont Lights.

I booked everything through American Airlines Vacations and there have been no issues or hiccups. So far a nice trip and experience, but good grief you got to walk lots.

GG

Edited by TAPD117
  • Like 1

We arrived on Sunday and there is just too much stuff to see. Did the Blue Man Group at the Monte Carlo Monday and this is by far the best show I have ever seen, Barbie and I loved it, get there 45 minutes early to see the parade in front of the entrance. This is a must see. Jet lag is a problem and it seems like all we do is walk to get to places that look close, but are far away. Today we started using taxi cabs to get around to places and the price seemed reasonable.

Did the shark exhibit at Mandalyn Bay and while the price was cheap, I could have passed on it. Very crowded and humid inside and just not that impressive. Now the hotels on the strip are something to see. Tuesday is a hang out at the MGM day, dinner at Emeril's and downtown to the old strip to see the Friedmont Lights.

I booked everything through American Airlines Vacations and there have been no issues or hiccups. So far a nice trip and experience, but good grief you got to walk lots.

GG

I'm glad I had the opportunity to help with info and photo's. This is such a great place to have fun.

Take loads of photo's!

CaptDave

Edited by captdave

GG

If you get a chance Red Rock Canyon is just outside Las Vegas. It has a nice driving tour road. You don't have to leave your car if you don't want to.

http://www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/fo/lvfo/blm_programs/blm_special_areas/red_rock_nca.html

13571675334_8d11e26951_c.jpg

CaptDave

There are an unlimited number of reasons to come to Las Vegas & Shelby American. After I visited all day with Shelby American I was found wandering the strip till the wee hours of the night (camera in hand). There is just to much to see and do, your brain has a pleasure overload. And that's pleasure overload is continuous.

I have traveled the world and I don't another place like Las Vegas.

12333095124_03d5083862_c.jpg

CaptDave

Back in 2010 the brand new wife started me on these Big Production Vegas Shows. When we came back in 2011 we did this one. We should have paid extra and sat closer. You have to be of a certain age group to appreciate this show. I wanted to know how authentic this show was. Well...it did have a VW, and the plate did say...28IF. How many of you remember that one from back in the day? How many had your parents call up to your bedroom yelling, "The Beatles are singing on the Ed Sullivan Show". I go downstairs and see 4 people singing, no beetles. Oh well, I saw them.

12356448673_5ec880b6d8_c.jpg

CaptDave

#1 reason to go to Vegas???

to party... :victory:

and to see the gang at SAI... or both... :cool:

plus i have a few friends that happen to live in vegas.... :victory:

#999 :puppy_kiss: to gamble...

• Like 1

When compiling the reasons to live in Las Vegas, #999 is at the same place on both lists !!!

• Like 1

Hey Randy,

Vegas is ready for ya !! :yahoo:

One of the reasons I come to Vegas, it's a good one!

The wife has me since 2010 (when we got married) going to the Vegas Shows.

When I went to Vegas in January 2014 I was hopping along on my wife's business trip. She got us comp (free) tickets to this show at Caesars Palace called Absinthe. I never heard of it also.

Absinthe takes place under a tent out in front of Caesars. I know, I didn't think that sounded that great also. Absinthe is a acrobatic comedy / Show Girls not fully dressed sort of show. NO NUDITY AT ALL. This is the only indoor show in Vegas that allows still photography, no video though.

The atmosphere in the tent is sort of a Eastern European Gypsy Road Show. Yes they really do acrobatics in a extremely funny way, some while singing. This is not a huge place, but big enough. Do not sit in the front row, ever!!! I'm warning you. Row 2 on the aisle like we had was perfect. Photography was allowed so I got a few interesting shots.

Warning, don't bring grandma to this show. She may not like the language. This is an extremely entertaining show, have a few drinks first. We got free Champagne in our seating section I just remembered, that was nice. Again, great show don't bring grandma.

http://www.caesarspalace.com/shows/absinthe.html#.Uz6XUmcnJWw

http://www.tix4tonight.com/absinthe-las-vegas.html

I forgot to tell about this photo. Some of you may have guessed already. That Vegas Show Girl was dancing on and inside a large glass of Absinthe. Again, yes she was entertaining splashing around inside the large glass.

13621297865_ee48a5dd45_c.jpg

CaptDave