kevinsander

Camshaft Upgrade For 2008

I have the Kenne Bell 3.6L Supercharger Upgrade and was wondering if anyone has done any camshaft upgrades with this supercharger or even the factory blower. My car is a 2008. I am needing to take a head off mine and thought while I was in there if I could get a few more ponies and a cool loping idle it may be worth it. Thanks!

I have a 2010 GT500 and I put Comp Shelby 1000 cams in. Very close to the Comp Stage 3 cams and gives the real lopey idle. One of the best upgrades I've done so far. Will be putting a Whipple on in the near future. I did replace the springs and retainers as well. I would definitely give Lethal or comp a call and see what they could do for you.

This is my video, not the best video but gives you an idea of how the cams sound. http://youtu.be/-ZskTR5id_o

Edited by 05mustangman

Sounds like you have a Nice Build going on! For the best cams, Contact Van Collier @ (561)445-7702 about Michael Rauscher, owner L&M Engines. L&M Engines have THE best cam designs for Ford Mod Motors. Even the Cam mfgs. lean on Michael for advice.

How bout a cool loping sound + many more ponies!! Check this Video of my brothers '08 Shelby with L&M Custom Cams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VQRdPV1RVE

Thanks! JW

• Like 1

Sounds like you have a Nice Build going on! For the best cams, Contact Van Collier @ (561)445-7702 about Michael Rauscher, owner L&M Engines. L&M Engines have THE best cam designs for Ford Mod Motors. Even the Cam mfgs. lean on Michael for advice.

How bout a cool loping sound + many more ponies!! Check this Video of my brothers '08 Shelby with L&M Custom Cams

Thanks! JW

Michael Rauscher (L&M Engines) designed the cams in this video and I gained 50 rwhp after the install. Van Collier (Revan Racing) and my brother (JW) did a terrific job in selecting the add ons. The car is very driveable and I have no problems at idle or take off- Michael Rauscher is the master! I was told by many people that I could not get a lope like that.

Sounds very cool, and that is a respectable HP gain too.

Did you do any mods to beef up the bottom end when you did the cams?

Just found out today that I am going to need a short block as well. We lost compression in #8 so we are gong to pull the engine and see what happened. Any good places to go? I have been talking to JDM Engineering and they are suggesting the Ford Racing Short Block with their cams and tune.

• Like 1

Van Collier and Michael Rauscher, (L&M Engines) are the best. Michael built my 5.0 stroker and installed his blower cams. Remarkable performance and service. You can't go wrong with these two professionals.

I just upgraded to the GT cams and love them, not a lopy idle but real clean out the pipes and with other mods saw 200+ HP increase (see sig)

Thanks! JW

the hell?

you 2 are brothers? sell me that super snake kenne bell true colt air induction system...