Jer

Shelby American Issues Statement On John Luft

Phill - just tried to PM you but said you are not able to receive any messages. Let me know.

Jim

Huh. Someone else said that too. I don't think my folder is full and I've been PM'ing back/forth with Jer recently so I know it works.

Ping me at my e-mail address; phill.pollard@comcast.net if you want to do it that way.

I'll see if i can figure out what's wrong with my PM box. Are there "security settings" that might prevent people from communicating with me?

Sorry 'bout that,

Phill

The day to day operations have been run by your VPs, and will continue to be run by them. Not a single thing changes with them reporting to Joe instead of John.

TADA! There it is.

I encourage anyone with questions to reach out anytime.

Jer

• Like 2

Jer, great response. Those comments needs to be said (perhaps at the Bash) with the enthusiasm you just demonstrated. The past is the foundation for the future. Carroll Shelby certainly pushed the envelope and in so doing, he garned a great following of loyal enthusiasts. Where SA/SAI is going and how it plans on getting there is of interest to a lot of people.

Jer, great response. Those comments needs to be said (perhaps at the Bash) with the enthusiasm you just demonstrated. The past is the foundation for the future. Carroll Shelby certainly pushed the envelope and in so doing, he garned a great following of loyal enthusiasts. Where SA/SAI is going and how it plans on getting there is of interest to a lot of people.

We will be happy to deliver that message.

We have a Q&A Session scheduled for the Tuesday night dinner, and I expect we'll have a great chance to speak about it.

Thanks again for your enthusiasm and candor.

Jer

• Like 1

SHELBY AMERICAN ISSUES STATEMENT ON JOHN LUFT

GARDENA, Calif. – April 2, 2014 - Shelby American, a wholly owned subsidiary Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI.PK) and has issued a statement concerning John Luft, president of Shelby American:

Joe Conway, CEO of Shelby American and Co-CEO of Carroll Shelby International has been reengineering the company to improve efficiencies and productivity over the past year. He is a seasoned executive in management, sales, marketing and operations, as well as the nephew of Carroll Shelby. Conway guided the company’s move to the new consolidated facility in Las Vegas, realigned business units, optimized the workforce and revamped the management team.

Today, the transition is complete. The initial goals for improvements in quality, production time and product selection are well into place. A streamlined executive team that reports directly to Mr. Conway is now responsible for all daily operations.

Per plan, John Luft, president of Shelby American, was given the opportunity to return home in Southern California to serve as executive vice president of marketing and branding for Carroll Shelby International. His role was to include input on Shelby American product planning.

Instead, Mr. Luft’s intent is to consult on media relations for CSI and new product offerings for Shelby American. As a genuine automotive enthusiast, his passion for the Shelby brand and expertise will benefit all of the organizations within Carroll Shelby International.

About Shelby American, Inc.

Shelby American manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products. The company builds authentic continuation Cobras, including the 427 S/C, 289 FIA and 289 street car component vehicles. Shelby American offers the Shelby 1000, GT500 Super Snake, GT and GTS post-title packages for the 2005-2014 Ford Mustang, as well as the 2013-2014 Shelby Focus ST and 2012-2014 Ford Raptor. For more info, visit www.shelbyamerican.com.

I just saw a Johns post on face book that he has ended his time with Shelby after 13 years. Somehow I knew this was coming. I wish him well.

I just saw a Johns post on face book that he has ended his time with Shelby after 13 years. Somehow I knew this was coming.

Was there *anybody* that DIDN'T see it coming?

Every "lateral move" by Shelby management has ended with the person leaving SA. Amy Boylan, Roger Sorel, Robert Lane and now John Luft.

No surprise in *this* corner.

Phill

When I worked at a exercise company in the 1990's they had one CEO stay there for about 7 years then after he left they went through CEO's every year it seemed. We were shocked at how often a CEO would come and go but it seems to be normal for them to change careers often. I suppose they get bigger and better offers.