amrap

2013 Airbag Cover

probably not a lot of 13 air bags got signed without auto pen.. :stirpot:

will a 2011-12 fit??

From my understanding 11-12 will fit but the pattern on it is a little different.

I just went through this whole thing trying to figure out the details.

The 2013-14 dash pattern is different. However, if you replace all 4 dash pieces from the previous design, you can make it work. It will technically fit.

The second issue here is- Did Carroll sign ANY 2013 dashes?

No. The 2013 started production in March of 2012. While he was still alive, he was hospitalized and not signing autographs. My best information is that his last signing came before mid November of 2011. The information is a little more detailed, but lets just allow privacy to win out here on that part of the conversation. I only bring it up because I have seen a few 2013 "signed dash covers". They always fold under further scrutiny or find out they were unaware of dash changes.

Be careful and aware out there!

Let me know if you need the Ford part # for a 2013 ABC. It was a cluster to find and I don't want someone else to go thru that. Or better yet I have my old one :cool:

ScreenHunter_575_zps892db815.jpg

In all previous signatures I've seen including my AB cover. There were only two vertical lines on the underline of the signature. I'm thinking he put three lines on the autopen to distinquish the difference between real and not. Wondering if anyone at SAI knows?

• Like 1

The 2013-14 dash pattern is different. However, if you replace all 4 dash pieces from the previous design, you can make it work. It will technically fit.

No. The 2013 started production in March of 2012. While he was still alive, he was hospitalized and not signing autographs. My best information is that his last signing came before mid November of 2011. The information is a little more detailed, but lets just allow privacy to win out here on that part of the conversation. I only bring it up because I have seen a few 2013 "signed dash covers". They always fold under further scrutiny or find out they were unaware of dash changes.

Great point, thank you!

In all previous signatures I've seen including my AB cover. There were only two vertical lines on the underline of the signature. I'm thinking he put three lines on the autopen to distinquish the difference between real and not. Wondering if anyone at SAI knows?

I've heard similar. I could be wrong but every autograph I have of his has 2 dashes with COA

Dang... I need a signed dash. I have several things to trade if someone is willing.

Yes you are correct. They put the third dash to make them different them the originals.

The COA for my window sticker was "personally autographed by CARROLL SHELBY" on December 6, 2011. Certificate #17106.

That is the latest signature date I have seen. I would hold on to that because It may possibly be the last day he autographed. I also wonder if the COA issue date is the day he signed, or day it got sent out. Im not saying its impossible, just knowing he got sick right after SEMA, and was hospitalized, we thought mid November was the cutoff. Congrats on that signature then!