Sign in to follow this  
hunters1

Axel Flange, Chirping Brakes?

I have the chirping brake syndrome. Thought perhaps I had glazed brakes. Deglazed, re bedded pads. All good for less than 100 miles and back to chirping. Apply brakes and it goes away while braking. No shudder etc. I have EBC slotted rotors front/rear and Hawk Ceramic pads ( supposed to be quiet), original calipers, stainless lines. Had this chirping issue with stock setup as well. Car has not seen any track time since replacement. So I start reading all the forums and it appears that the S197 on and off years (mine is 07) have an issue with flange not being within spec for trueness from factory. Will have that checked soon. Question can't find TSB on this? Is there one I am missing? I doubt that it is new rotors but, could be rear brake cable adjustment perhaps, though hard to tell if it is coming from front or back. One day seems deffinetly from front other days not sure. Car has just under 19,000 miles. Any advice would be appreciated. Besides turning up the radio. Thanks

I had this same problem with my 07. It was a out of spec. axle flange not running true. It needed a new axle, however since the car was rather new they sent out a complete rear end for exchange. I took the time to detail the rear end and paint it. This was in 2008. Ford said they wanted the old rear end for evaluation. So my bet is you need a new axle.

I have the chirping brake syndrome. Thought perhaps I had glazed brakes. Deglazed, re bedded pads. All good for less than 100 miles and back to chirping. Apply brakes and it goes away while braking. No shudder etc. I have EBC slotted rotors front/rear and Hawk Ceramic pads ( supposed to be quiet), original calipers, stainless lines. Had this chirping issue with stock setup as well. Car has not seen any track time since replacement. So I start reading all the forums and it appears that the S197 on and off years (mine is 07) have an issue with flange not being within spec for trueness from factory. Will have that checked soon. Question can't find TSB on this? Is there one I am missing? I doubt that it is new rotors but, could be rear brake cable adjustment perhaps, though hard to tell if it is coming from front or back. One day seems deffinetly from front other days not sure. Car has just under 19,000 miles. Any advice would be appreciated. Besides turning up the radio. Thanks

If you pull the handbrake slightly does it stop?

Edited by Shelby3