RichS

Shelby American Issues Statement On Changes At Shelby Performance Parts

Before Jer customer service had a HUGE hole, then Jer filled that hole and excelled at it. Now Jer is gone which means SPP don't give a@?£% about customer service. Good luck Jer They can't take your axe away though.

• Like 1

I'll bet Camero and Corvette owners are happy about this. From all the posts here, they would be they only ones. Sad day of events for the brand we love. Good luck Jer and I'm sorry. In so many ways corporate politics play a big part in decisions like these.

For those of you that think SAI is going out of business because Jer is gone, how stupid is that? The place survived before him and will survive after him. Only he and SAI know why he left and I guarantee that he isn't going to come on to this forum and tell us why. I don't wish anyone to lose there job but he isn't there anymore and life will go on at SAI. Jer is gone and he ain't coming back to SAI. Time to move on !!! I suspect all of you saying you won't buy parts from there will be back to buying from SAI. I consider Bud Mahoney the greatest of all to hold that job and he got screwed over. He didn't come n the forum and go on and on. Bud was and is a friend and I have been back to buy parts from SAI just like the rest of you will

• Like 3

Time to move on !!!

What cracks me up is that you keep pushing for all of this to end, but yet you keep posting. It ends when people stop posting. :kookie:

• Like 3

Amy...Amy...Amy...Amy... :bliss:

QSS

Try the "Tonga Hut" Palm Springs.

Jer is gone and he ain't coming back to SAI. Time to move on !!! I suspect all of you saying you won't buy parts from there will be back to buying from SAI. I consider Bud Mahoney the greatest of all to hold that job and he got screwed over. Bud was and is a friend and I have been back to buy parts from SAI just like the rest of you will

Who needs to buy parts from SAI anymore? With the dump of all the KR parts eBay has everything I will ever need.

• Like 1

The Mustang going global, it is an opportunity for SHELBY to go global and expand.

Sad Jer can't be part of it.

Good luck and a bright future to both Jer and the SHELBY brand!

PS: Thank you for the Alcoas Jer! I owe you these :)

Edited by patrickshelby
  • Like 1

This just further cements the end of my loyalty to SAI. My loyalty left the building when without even an explanation as to what happend to KR owners despite asking many times seeing fire sales on KR wheels that were supposed to be protected KR signature parts. I was seriously looking at doing another Shelby vehicle over the past year but when KR owners got tossed under the bus I voted wtih my wallet and bought a Boss 302 instead. Have no intentions of spending another $1 with SAI.

A statement of explanation and a reason other than some cryptic BS "release" was owed to us IMHO. Another shining example.

Just bought a new Raptor. Would have considered in the past SAI upgrades for it. Not now.

Edited by REAL ONE

My loyalty left the building when without even an explanation as to what happend to KR owners despite asking many times seeing fire sales on KR wheels that were supposed to be protected KR signature parts.

On the contrary, I explained that very clearly early on.

KR owners just don't like the truth: Ford owns half that inventory, and said "Send us our stuff", then they blew it out. End of story.

The idea that Shelby should have spent a few million dollars to buy it up for the KR owners to maintain exclusivity was just not feasible.

Jer

• Like 3

Hmmm. Ok. Still don't believe it nor did we see that.

Anyway best of luck to you in your endeavors.

Wow

Looks to me like you posted something about it back in 2013.... :headscratch:

On the contrary, I explained that very clearly early on.
KR owners just don't like the truth: Ford owns half that inventory, and said "Send us our stuff", then they blew it out. End of story.

The idea that Shelby should have spent a few million dollars to buy it up for the KR owners to maintain exclusivity was just not feasible.

Jer

Whew! Lots of wild guesses flying around here! Let me help.

1. Ford Racing sold these wheels. We built the cars, but Ford has ownership interest in the parts kept back for warranty and service.
2. That damaged wheel does look used. Maybe a warranty return got mixed in? Stuff like that could happen, I've seen stranger things. Call your dealer, and if they don't have any more wheels, give them my email address. I'll see if I have something to take care of you. No worries.
3. That "strange symbol" is "DB", the Durabrite logo.

Jer

Hmmm. Ok. Still don't believe it nor did we see that.

Anyway best of luck to you in your endeavors.

Must have a mouse in his pocket...........

Wow

Yeah... I thought the same. You know what: people are going to believe what they WANT to believe regardless of evidence, truth, hearsay, etc. I typically just ignore the noise and banter.

Edited by ViperNC

For those of you that think SAI is going out of business because Jer is gone, how stupid is that? The place survived before him and will survive after him. Only he and SAI know why he left and I guarantee that he isn't going to come on to this forum and tell us why. I don't wish anyone to lose there job but he isn't there anymore and life will go on at SAI. Jer is gone and he ain't coming back to SAI. Time to move on !!! I suspect all of you saying you won't buy parts from there will be back to buying from SAI. I consider Bud Mahoney the greatest of all to hold that job and he got screwed over. He didn't come n the forum and go on and on. Bud was and is a friend and I have been back to buy parts from SAI just like the rest of you will

The decision to let Jer go is not the sole reason by any means I think SAI will fade away. It is just a symptom of a much larger problem. They do not value their current client base and have alienated their future base.

The loyal base for Shelby is aging and shrinking. The younger mustang enthusiasts view the Shelby brand as over priced and arrogant. They don't know who Phil Remington or Ken Miles were nor do they care (which is a shame). They were the true legends.

Edited by IA Shelby
  • Like 2

The loyal base for Shelby is aging and shrinking. The younger mustang enthusiasts view the Shelby brand as over priced and arrogant. They don't know who Phil Remington or Ken Miles were nor do they care (which is a shame). They were the true legends.

Your statement about the Shelby brand (owners) as arrogant is part true.........I have noticed that the owners of the later Shelby's are more Friendly, Fun and Outgoing and the owners of the older (65-70) Shelby's are more Arrogant and off putting (not all but MOST). The only way the Younger Mustang Enthusiasts will know Phil Remington, Ken Miles or others would be to put them in a Video Game.

• Like 1

The decision to let Jer go is not the sole reason by any means I think SAI will fade away. It is just a symptom of a much larger problem. They do not value their current client base and have alienated their future base.

I agree, I just now saw this post, I have been very busy and do not visit the forum that much any longer. I am absolutely SHOCKED Jer is no longer with SAI, he is the ONLY One that provided good service when I had issues.

Jer I hope for bigger and better things, Please do not leave the forum!!!

I just joined Team Shelby BTW.

I own a GT500, and love it!

I'm old enough to remember 'back in th day' and my admiration for Shelby autos, parts, and of course CHS himself will never tarnish...however,

This topic is disturbing to say the least.

I hope that SAI has a Good Plan and a Management Team to lead it into the Future.

Shelby Performance has a long and admirable History, I only hope that I can contribute in some small way to it's Future by supporting SA where I can.

I hope that SA will continue to EARN all of our support and respect!

Shelby American holds many distinctions. Everyone knows the history. The cars and the man are legends, they are american icons. SA also holds the distinction of being the worst run company I have ever consulted or performed work with. As a business, they are completely backwards. The brand is one of the most mis-managed opportunities that I have ever seen. The products and the history are amazing! But the love affair for me stops there...

I wish I could say that it's all due to one person or one business plan, but it's far deeper than that. They just can't seem to make it gel between the vision and the actual grasp. Even my short time working directly with Amy Boylan, you could see it on her face and smell it in the air, SA simply is riding a wave and they make up everything as they go, day by day for the most part. You REALLY have to WANT to work there and even if you do pour your heart and soul into it, it's typically a a swift drop out the door with little to no notice.

As a brand loyalist I can tell you that the LAST thing you should ever do is peek behind the curtain at OZ. You will not be impressed and it taints you in a major way. As a businessman and professional brand developer I can tell you that it's such a monumental waste of potential. The legend of Shelby will remain, the vehicle history will always be there. But I have serious doubts about SA's ability to move beyond "riding a wave" and maturing into a self sustaining long term business that can stand the test of time. History will indeed repeat itself at some point and we will see another inactive SA period.

It's too bad. I love the brand, I love the cars, I love the history and for those people who work there that really try, I love them for trying!

Best of luck Jer. We all know you cared about us, and even more for the brand.

Edited by tko211
  • Like 2

Shelby American holds many distinctions. Everyone knows the history. The cars and the man are legends, they are american icons. SA also holds the distinction of being the worst run company I have ever consulted or performed work with. As a business, they are completely backwards. The brand is one of the most mis-managed opportunities that I have ever seen. The products and the history are amazing! But the love affair for me stops there...

I wish I could say that it's all due to one person or one business plan, but it's far deeper than that. They just can't seem to make it gel between the vision and the actual grasp. Even my short time working directly with Amy Boylan, you could see it on her face and smell it in the air, SA simply is riding a wave and they make up everything as they go, day by day for the most part. You REALLY have to WANT to work there and even if you do pour your heart and soul into it, it's typically a a swift drop out the door with little to no notice.

As a brand loyalist I can tell you that the LAST thing you should ever do is peek behind the curtain at OZ. You will not be impressed and it taints you in a major way. As a businessman and professional brand developer I can tell you that it's such a monumental waste of potential. The legend of Shelby will remain, the vehicle history will always be there. But I have serious doubts about SA's ability to move beyond "riding a wave" and maturing into a self sustaining long term business that can stand the test of time. History will indeed repeat itself at some point and we will see another inactive SA period.

It's too bad. I love the brand, I love the cars, I love the history and for those people who work there that really try, I love them for trying!

Best of luck Jer. We all know you cared about us, and even more for the brand.

Well said IMO

• Like 1

WHY DOES SA always let the most amazing people go...

Amy was awesome

:headscratch:

:stop:

:hysterical:

Is there any REAL commitment to Team Shelby anymore?

You want the real answer or some Kool Aid? :sneaking:

:hysterical2:

• Like 2