RichS

Shelby American Issues Statement On Changes At Shelby Performance Parts

Jer posted on social media earlier today.

Posted what? His decision to leave or was he let go? Either way it is unfortunate.

This is so insane......WHY DOES SA always let the most amazing people go and who the HELL is making these decisions?

Amy was awesome

BUD was amazing

ROBERT AND SHARON were what brought us all together and formed this strong commitment to Shelby

JER took the parts division to the next level. I never have met anybody that was more proud of their job. He was so customer focused that it was hard for anybody to not feel satisfied after dealing with him. I hope Jer can get is old gig back at guitar center ....that is if he wants it back.

The two main people that seem to always stay is Gary P and Gary D....... I sure hope that either one of them do not end up getting the AXE.

You cannot be serious!? What is going on!? This is a huge blow to Shelby American! Jer has been a wonderfull asset that we could all clearly see he made a huge impact on the company. Seeing this news just ruined my day... I wish you nothing but the best Jer and you will sorely be missed by us all! You better still stick around here though!

Not cool. If this was an SA decision for anything short of gross violation of company or ethical standards then it was a mistake and very disappointing.

This is a move that could serious impact where I spend my money.

Edited by EL SHELBY

I just saw the post on FB and I am truly disappointed that Jer is no longer at SA. He was passionate about the Shelby brand and ver very approachable and was able to provide a no BS answer whenever anyone needed it. He busted his ass to make SPP better. I wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do next. Jer, see ya on FB.

Jer, from all of us who have worked with you I extend my most sincere thanks and hope the very best comes your way!

Jeff

I fear SAI is on a downward spiral. I'm glad I don't have a car in their shop right now. I think I'll start looking elsewhere to spend my money.

I see some assumptions here about who did what. Unless and until we hear anything from jer it could be either party. How do you know jer isn't the new ceo of ford

Very sad day for Shelby Performance Parts customers. I've never, ever,ever,ever been able to pickup the phone call the VP of anything till Jer came along. Someone who's advice I really trusted. He will be missed and impossible to replace.

Edited by SGT0128

The two main people that seem to always stay is Gary P and Gary D....... I sure hope that either one of them do not end up getting the AXE.

However, if the recent changes are indications of a struggling company you have to wonder about those that always stay.

Does this mean things will go back to how they used to be? No communication from Shelby American on questions from Team Shelby members? New products take FOREVER? Just as we were all getting used to Jer's great ways around here!

Wow, I'm in shock. I don't even know what to say....I'm at a loss.......

However, if the recent changes are indications of a struggling company you have to wonder about those that always stay.

I've been hearing there may a retirement coming around August as well... Don't know for certain just something I've heard.

Edited by 05mustangman

I am truly sad to hear this. We do not know that he was let go, maybe some other company saw what he was doing and threw him some $$$$$ that SA could not match. Just a thought.

Shelby eliminated the position. Im not seeing any upside to that decision ATM. I wish Jer the very best.

...and thank God I just got the last of my Terlingua parts, because Im pretty sure that window is now closed.

Edited by DubbsFaris

I see some assumptions here about who did what. Unless and until we hear anything from jer it could be either party. How do you know jer isn't the new ceo of ford

I have to agree on the assumptions. However, if it was SA direction, it would make one wonder about the future business model/plan for SA. As indicated in my post # 4, I cannot believe it was performance based decision. Jer was soo customer service oriented. Any customer service based business would benefit from someone with Jer's passion and enthusiasm for a brand of the company he works for such as Shelby. Heck he was an enthusiast first. That said, I cannot wait to hear what triggered this change. Inquiring minds would like to know! Put an end to the assumptions and share if at all possible SA. maybe even Jer may chime in. I know the old saying, it's a personnel matter. Does not change the fact that inquiring minds would like to know!

Good luck to all involved.

Edited by H0050

Shelby eliminated the position.

This kind of stuff really makes me rethink doing business with a company. He was the best thing to happen to SA in a long time.

Unless there are some uncool things we don't know about.

Everything is an assumption at this point, but I don't have the warm and fuzzy about it. I can't see Jer leaving for something "better" as this seemed to be his dream job. So IF he left for reasons that SA was doing something wrong, I still don't like it. If he was just fired for WHATEVER reason, I don't like it. Am I a little biased, absolutely. I think Jer did an amazing job at SAI with SPP. He brought a concern for the brand and the customer that seemed to be lacking before. Almost every one of my best memories with Shelby involve Jer in some form or fashion. Regardless of why he is now gone, I believe it to be a huge loss for Shelby American! With all the other "recent" losses the pattern is disturbing. I can understand that sometimes bad things happen to good people in the business world, but I can't help but think that the decisions being made are going to bring harm to the brand... I for one am going to think twice about where I spend my money from now on.

First let me say Jer you will be sorely missed. You have been a friend to many and have provided exceptional customer service. That in itself is a point that Shelby American should take note of as many people see you has an advocate for the enthusiast and willing to go the extra mile to help anyone. By letting you go Jer there will be an even wider gap to fill.

Now that said, I don't want to jump to conclusions on what is going on. There is new management in place and I would like to believe a critical focus is being placed on what needed to really transform the business to be more in line with what Carroll wanted. It is unfortunate that some decisions have to be made but it is business.

I for one will hold any conjecture until we hear more from the leadership on why decisions were made and what direction they are taking the business.

Here's a question... Sharon and Robert "left" and that shuffled Jer and John to head Team Shelby. Now they are both gone also. Is there any REAL commitment to Team Shelby anymore? Or are we more an after thought and they are more concerned with the new market opening international with the Mustang?

Jer did get to experience his dream job in life and I can only imagine that his next Job will be even bigger and better.

Everybody at one point or another will have misfortune in life , I have found its how you handle it that makes the future bright or dismal. With Jers positive attitude I think he will shine on.

Ford couldn't be that lucky.

But I see your point and I will only say that Jer has been a bright spot in the recent history of SAI, and that the responses here only prove that a good person doing the job he loves and doing it as well as he did makes a lot of people look good. And it showed.

Edited by falcongtho3

Total shock. I can't think of a reason a company would make this decision. It really does make you think about what is going on internally. I look back and feel that ever since Carroll's passing, the company changed and lost it's focus. Top tier people that were hired to take the torch are gone. TS has participated in fewer events, car shows etc.. The big move to the new facility was the reason but I think there is much more to that story. When you are a branded company selling high performance Mustangs, Cobras , parts and apparel, you need be in the target audiences face as much as possible. I still can't believe SA was not at the 50th in Charlotte. Many of us would have stepped in to help and make the company proud. The balance sheet must be dictating these personnel moves. I for one will be on hold ordering anything from SA parts until this turns around. I want to hear Jer's side down the road. Good luck my friend.

Incredible. My wife and I met Jer last year. He gave a tour of SA facilities and we talked for over 3 hours. In addition, Jer has helped me with several parts issues and been personally involved in helping me with several challenges -- I agree with many of the comments here and only wish him the very best. He personally loved the company and what it meant to all of us.

Very very disappointing to hear this news. Jer was the epitome of customer service. SAI has suffered a huge loss with his leaving, whoever decision it was.

Shelby eliminated the position. Im not seeing any upside to that decision ATM. I wish Jer the very best.

...and thank God I just got the last of my Terlingua parts, because Im pretty sure that window is now closed.

Could it be that Jer was stolen away by another Company and SA decided to eliminate the position because they decided that the position was not needed any longer? Well, that's what I hope happened.

If this was a policy decision or a cost cutting measure, it is sadly going to back fire. More likely I think it is a case of new management bring on board people they want on their team. Jer brings a lot to the table, but perhaps there is something he lacks that they feel is a requirement. Certainly could have been handled differently and there should have been a transition period, or a shuffling of roles. This all assumes there wasn't an acute incident which resulted in sudden decisions being made. Ultimately we will never know. Jer's personality, timeliness and can do attitude will be greatly missed.

Edited by NMAv

Say it ain't so......

So who's got the list and dates:

Started with: Amy, Carroll (5/10/12), Robert, John L. ??, Jer....... who's next???