RichS

Shelby American Issues Statement On Changes At Shelby Performance Parts

Wow! This is a whole lot of drama over a whole lot of nothing. People come and go all the time. Jer seemed to be a passionate, energetic guy, but no one is irreplaceable. If Jer left I'm sure he had good reason. If he was let go I'm sure there was also a good reason. Such is life. If he is everything everyone says he is he will land at a great spot. The cream always rises to the top, and there will always be duds. Six months from now everyone will have forgotten and moved on, spending there money with SAI freely. Jer who?

That is so wrong on so many levels. Companies have failed because someone at the Top let someone go that they shouldn't have. My first Job with the State was at the Motorpool. I was there for 4 Years. I got tire of the upper Bosses (who only should up once in a great while) harassing me because my Hair was barely touching my Shoulders (I miss my hair). So I found another Job with the State, this time in Building Maintanance. About 3 Years later, I ran into one of those Bosses and he told me that he was so sorry for how I was treated and that he did not realize everything that I did there. They had to hire 3 People to TRY to do what I did and they still couldn't do it all. I told him that I was raised that part of any job, is to make your Boss look good and then I walked away. I am not bragging here, I just tell people that, if you do a damn good Job, give it your all, the best revenge to a bad Boss is to leave. With Jer gone, SA will be hurting for a long time. Will they find a replacement? Sure they will, but the Damage has been done. Tim and Jer are great example on how to treat your Customers, now it is up to Tim. OH.....4 Years later, they shut down the Motorpool.

Edited by tesgt350

Team Shelby was headed by the entire leadership team, not just Jer. We all know there is new leadership. We also know, like in the past, we will never be informed of all the facts outside what has been said at the beginning of the posts. Like most of you, Jer IS a friend and I appreciate everything he did for me and for Team Shelby. I am saddened that he is no longer there. Beyond that, Its wait and see. As a leader, sometimes you have to make decisions based on your view of what the company needs. It doesn't mean you like the decision. I get the impression this has nothing to do with Jer or his performance but, a direction Jer may not have fit in. Time will tell but, I will continue to support SA and, I will support Jer in any way I can.

I understand what you are saying BUT, why would any Company want to get rid of a "Team Member" that was a POSITIVE to the Company? He was Shelby American 24/7, He is a major Car Guy, He knows what REAL Customer Service is, ETC. If anything, he should be the one to be Training everyone that is in Customer Service. I will admit that I did not have that much dealings with him but I do notice things that many might miss and I know that SA will miss him more so than everyone else.

:swear::gaah::rant::rant2::censored::angry22::soapbox::rip::chairshot::shrug: !!!!! IMHO.....

You should open up, tell everyone how you really feel..................... :hysterical2:

Team Shelby was headed by the entire leadership team, not just Jer. We all know there is new leadership. We also know, like in the past, we will never be informed of all the facts outside what has been said at the beginning of the posts. Like most of you, Jer IS a friend and I appreciate everything he did for me and for Team Shelby. I am saddened that he is no longer there. Beyond that, Its wait and see. As a leader, sometimes you have to make decisions based on your view of what the company needs. It doesn't mean you like the decision. I get the impression this has nothing to do with Jer or his performance but, a direction Jer may not have fit in. Time will tell but, I will continue to support SA and, I will support Jer in any way I can.

+2

Also, there are a lot of posts stating "Jer was....."

He's not dead. Jer IS a good guy. Jer IS a guy who made a difference during his time at Shelby. Jer IS a guy who will land on his feet provided he has not already done so. Jer IS a guy who would offer to help when he could. Personally, I may not always see eye to eye with him and I'm fairly direct when things don't go right, but if Shelby had five guys like Jer we would not see negative posts on this forum about Shelby Performance Parts and poor customer service. Whatever the changes are at Shelby will hopefully be positive. I'm certain Jer's future is also going to be positive. So I give Jer a formal Thank You for assisting when you can and putting up with me as well. Best of luck in your future endevours and well wishes to your family.

Blake

Edited by ViperNC
  • Like 2

Notice to Shelby ,,,,," what the hell are you thinking " ,, Jer is the best thing to come to Shelby , are you kidding me ?

+1

If SAI can't afford to keep a guy like Jer on board.......man if I had a car in their shop right now I'd be picking it up this week before the court puts the locks on the door.

Not so... As I stated in my first post I was there yesterday. Walked the shop with Gary Patterson and Jer. One thing that was obvious was the shop was busy as hell. They even had to acquire another building in close proximity to store the vehicles awaiting work.

Also, it looks like more people are viewing the Heritage Center then before. (When they were by the Track)

So, SA looks alive and well. I wouldn't push the panic button.

• Like 1

First let me say Jer you will be sorely missed. You have been a friend to many and have provided exceptional customer service. That in itself is a point that Shelby American should take note of as many people see you has an advocate for the enthusiast and willing to go the extra mile to help anyone. By letting you go Jer there will be an even wider gap to fill.

Now that said, I don't want to jump to conclusions on what is going on. There is new management in place and I would like to believe a critical focus is being placed on what needed to really transform the business to be more in line with what Carroll wanted. It is unfortunate that some decisions have to be made but it is business.

I for one will hold any conjecture until we hear more from the leadership on why decisions were made and what direction they are taking the business.

+1 ... thank you Jer for all you have done for me and how you have kept the Shelby passion and legacy alive.

I thought about this last night long and hard and the bottom line is that Jer was much more than a SA employee to a lot of us, he went above and beyond the call of duty as it were. He strived to please us and through social media, he shared parts of his live with us. In a 21st century way he became our friend and people don't like to see perceived bad things happen to their friends. We will most likely never know the whys of the situation. So as so many above have already said, I wish him well and thank him for all he has done for me personally.

I thought about this last night long and hard and the bottom line is that Jer was much more than a SA employee to a lot of us, he went above and beyond the call of duty as it were. He strived to please us and through social media, he shared parts of his live with us. In a 21st century way he became our friend and people don't like to see perceived bad things happen to their friends. We will most likely never know the whys of the situation. So as so many above have already said, I wish him well and thank him for all he has done for me personally.

I guess I think of him as one of us! He was an enthusiast and turned that into his dream job. I connected to that and I think a lot of us did on this forum. Good luck Jer in whatever you do, I'm sure you'll be successful at it.

• Like 1

First of all Wick,can you share with us what Jer posted,for those of us who didn't see it!!!!

No, Jer posted on Facebook..those that are his friends there on that social media saw it and commented back and forth for hours.

If he wanted to post here, he would have...........

• Like 1

Just when I think I can't be shocked by SA anymore something like this happens.

Good luck Jer.

• Like 1

No offense to accountants, but I hope it wasn't the "bean counters" that got him, money seems to matter more these days than service!

Good luck Jer, you'll be missed!

Sam

+2

Also, there are a lot of posts stating "Jer was....."

He's not dead. Jer IS a good guy. Jer IS a guy who made a difference during his time at Shelby. Jer IS a guy who will land on his feet provided he has not already done so. Jer IS a guy whom I would offer to help when he could. Personally, I may not always see eye to eye with him and I'm fairly direct when things don't go right, but if Shelby had five guys like Jer we would not see negative posts on this forum about Shelby Performance Parts and poor customer service. Whatever the changes are at Shelby will hopefully be positive. I'm certain Jer's future is also going to be positive. So I give Jer a formal Thank You for assisting when you can and putting up with me as well. Best of luck in your future endevours and well wishes to your family.

Blake

TRUE, Jer is not Dead BUT, have you noticed the Pattern?.......when SA Employees are posters here on Team Shelby and then they no longer work at SA, they ALSO leave Team Shelby, never (or rarely) to be heard from again.

It seems like more and more companies now tend to treat employees as disposable items, in their endless pursuit of maximum profit.

From my own experience this usually turns up in companies with less experienced junior management types.

If that is the case here, it would be nice to know so that I can make the choice to support companies that do not consider that a viable option.

Of course companies can do business as they see fit, but that doesn't mean that I have to like it.

My form of protest would be to buy elsewhere, as lost revenue in volume really makes an impact.

Its a shame that something like that has to occur to many companies before they decide to acquire ethics again to evolve their business.

I am very disappointed in SA. Jer has helped me several times. He is always positive and very responsive.

Best of luck Jer!

Edited by tedj

Good luck to Jer on whatever he does next.

And thanks for all you did for me regarding parts difficulties and the like.

Back to the company itself:

I don't pretend to know exactly why SA let people go like Jer, Robert and the like.

One thing that comes to mind is that when employees get friendly and well liked by SA customers, they seem to get the axe at SA.

I don't think the above observation is even debatable from where I sit.

And it could be this is one of the reasons for some to be fired or otherwise leave.

I am willing to give SA the benefit of the doubt and not abandon them at this point because businesses hire and fire all the time.

But I would urge the powers that be to find a way to keep the business having a personalized feel for their customers. That is what made my buying and building experience good for me.

Then again, SA may wish to simply crank out well made performance vehicles and nothing more as their business model. There is nothing inherently wrong with this.

It's SA's choice to run the place they want and hopefully as with any business make a profit.

I am concerend however, that the company is becoming faceless, and while that might be the way they wish to go, and while that may work just fine as their potential business model evolves, ie profitability, for someone like me, I typically patronize businesses that go out out of their way to make me feel special.

I would urge SA not to lose sight of things like that.

I am not the one that owns the company, and whatever decisions they make are not mine to make and I wish them luck.

Edited by lbj

Agree. Jer really got things back on track at SPP and will be missed.

Shelby is changing and the HQ move closer to The Strip is definitely a focus on the retail side of things (Harley makes more on T-Shirts than their bikes).

Shelby stock dropped/stayed below $.16 a few weeks ago. Not that their stock is any indicator of company health, but maybe they are focusing on it by cutting wage expense?

All I know is Jer is a great customer service executive and will land on his feet. Heck, all he has to do for a job reference is print these 4 pages of posts!!

• Like 1

Agree. Jer really got things back on track at SPP and will be missed.

Shelby is changing and the HQ move closer to The Strip is definitely a focus on the retail side of things (Harley makes more on T-Shirts than their bikes).

Shelby stock dropped/stayed below $.16 a few weeks ago. Not that their stock is any indicator of company health, but maybe they are focusing on it by cutting wage expense?

All I know is Jer is a great customer service executive and will land on his feet. Heck, all he has to do for a job reference is print these 4 pages of posts!!

Last sentence = + 1 mil :)

Posted in a message from Shelby American to all Team Shelby members barely 5 months ago:

"Effective immediately, Team Shelby will be led by John Luft (President of Shelby American), Keith Belair (CFO), Gary Patterson (Vice President), and Jer Gervasi (Vice President). These four individuals are direct decision-makers that will ensure quick action, with no barriers between Shelby American and our most important asset: our loyal enthusiasts. They will work closely with the Team Shelby Regional Directors to ensure full support of future events and a greater involvement from Shelby Headquarters."

So how's that plan working out?

• Like 2

Still at loss of words till we know what happened. Jer never let his title stop his top notch service attitude. He would call you if you had problems get you in right direction!!! he helped and talked to me on phone like a gearhead and always appreciated you as a customer n friend!!! Wish you well in whatever you do in the future!!! You will be missed for sure.

I for one will really miss Jer. After many conversations and emails I finally got to meet the guy in person

this April. He was truly an asset to SAI. I would call him "Mr. Customer Service". I wish Jer the best in all of his endevours. I bet companies are lining up right now to get him on board. I will reserve my opinion of SAI at this time. GOOD LUCK JER

• Like 1

Jer talked with me for 30 min at the Vegas Bash. He didn't have to talk to me that long he could have just smiled at me and kept walking. That's the kind of person he is great interpersonal communication . He'll be missed ........hey is his car for sale ??? Lol

Posted in a message from Shelby American to all Team Shelby members barely 5 months ago:

"Effective immediately, Team Shelby will be led by John Luft (President of Shelby American), Keith Belair (CFO), Gary Patterson (Vice President), and Jer Gervasi (Vice President). These four individuals are direct decision-makers that will ensure quick action, with no barriers between Shelby American and our most important asset: our loyal enthusiasts. They will work closely with the Team Shelby Regional Directors to ensure full support of future events and a greater involvement from Shelby Headquarters."

So how's that plan working out?

I agree,I'm still in shock with this!

You never see,either before this announcement anybody other than Jer from Shelby American posting on this forum keeping in touch with TS members!

I don't recall anybody else such as Gary Davis,Gary Patterson,John Luft etc. replying or giving out any type of information from Shelby American at all!

Edited by Denstang65
  • Like 2

It is clear that his position was eliminated, he was not reassigned to another position, and all indications are that he has not headed out to work at another company. What happened is clear, but the "why" seems waaaaay open to speculation......oh well......more drama I suppose..................have seen a lot of that come and go on this site.

Rob.......I am just getting too old for this.,.,...ugghhhhh

I've been speechless since I saw this posted, and unfortunately I saw this before anyone had even posted comments.

Like most, I don't know the story. I don't know anything. All I know is that, for the first time since I really became interested in day-to-day operations at Shelby American by joining the Forums, I am disturbed. I am still an enthusiast, and I intend to obtain the dream of owning multiple Shelby vehicles. I really felt a connection to the company, I loved the legacy, I respected everyone involved before and now. I don't know if I am mad, sad, et cetera, I just felt shocked.

I wish Jer the best. I never met him, unfortunately; in fact, I haven't even gotten to go to the headquarters. I know he will prosper in times to come because he is a rare example of what has long since suffered to be abundant in current times, and that is simple: an overall good person.

You never see,either before this announcement anybody other than Jer from Shelby American posting on this forum keeping in touch with TS members!

I don't recall anybody else such as Gary Davis,Gary Patterson,John Luft etc. replying or giving out any type of information from Shelby American at all!

You haven't been around here very long, have you.

Amy Boylan, Roger Sorel, Robert Lane, Budman, Crispy......to name a few. ALL were very active here on TS, ALL are gone now.

Perhaps it seems like the ones terminating or being terminated are just the ones that are active on TS forums but I think that's exactly why it seems that way. Hell, for all we know Shelby American could have terminated 300 other people there that we'd never hear about simply because they aren't active on TS forums.

I'm real sorry to see you go Jer. You impressed *ME* and I'm not easily impressed. I have been one of your harshest critics but at the same time one of your most avid supporters. You will be missed by many, including me.

See ya 'in the wind',

Phillip Pollard - Co. Springs, CO

• Like 4