sharon

Team Shelby Dearborn Open

Hello All, here is the event that we have been working on. We have added a week worth of events including track and a driving school. We also have the proving grounds plus tours. The banquet is the Mustang Heroes Banquet is an exclusive opportunity for you to meet and mingle with the legendary people who had a hand in making the Mustang the American icon that it is today.

Plus links to all the events that are happening at Woodward

We can't wait to see everyone again this year. If you have any questions please email me at selliott@teammustang.net

www.motorcityroundup.com

flyer.png

Here is the complete list of events, sorry links don't work please go to motorcityroundup.com for all information

Sunday - 10 August

• 6:00pm - 9:00: Host Hotel Registration, Meet & Greet. The host hotel is the Comfort Inn. Click here for discount codes and other area hotels.
Comfort Inn: 40455 Ann Arbor Road. Plymouth, MI - 48170

Monday - 11 August

• 8:15am - 3:30pm: Performance Facility Tours. Register here.
Departure from the host hotel (40455 Ann Arbor Road, Plymouth, MI)

• 9:00am- 10:30: Watson Engineering Tour | 11:00am-12:00: Barardi Collection | 1:00pm - 3:30: Roush Performance

addresses:

Watson Engineering: 18703 Dix Toledo. Brownstown Charter Township, MI

Roush: 118581 Market Street. Livonia, MI - 48150

Barardi Collection: No address published

The Barardi Collection

Roush Performance

Tuesday - 12 August

• 6:45am: Ford Michigan Proving Ground Departure from host hotel.* Register Here.

If you've ever wanted to take your Mustang (includes Shelby, Roush, Saleen, etc.) on Ford's Michigan Proving Ground, this is the chance of a lifetime. Limited spots are open to drive on this fantastic 5-mile long parabolic oval track and tour the 3,880 acre proving ground along with the central garage.

You'll also get the opportunity to meet some of Ford's test drivers and engineering team and have lunch in the main garage.

Michigan Proving Ground: 74241 Fisher Road. Bruce Township, MI. 48065

* Notes: To drive on the Ford track, you must have a Ford Mustang (includes Shelby, Roush, Saleen, etc.) and present a valid driver's license. You must year long pants and closed toed shoes to enter any part of the facility. Camera phones, cameras or recording devices are strictly prohibited. A signed waiver for each person is required to enter the facility.

gallery_2_42_89309.jpg

Owners pause on the Michigan Proving Ground for a photo shoot.

Michigan Proving Ground. Romeo, Michigan.

• Cruise Woodward

Wednesday - 13 August

• TBD: Ford Piquette Plant Tour. Register here.

• 7:00pm - 9:00: Go-Cart Racing @ JD Indoor Racing in Novi, Michigan. Register here.

Features 10 qualifying laps, 14 race laps with awards to the top three finishers.

JD Racing Indoor Karting. 44225 West 12 Mile Road. Novi, MI - 48377. 248.773.8777

Thursday - 14 August

track_shot.png
A Boss 302 and Shelby GT at Ginerman

• 8:00am: Flat Rock (Mustang) Assembly Plant Tour via Register via Mustang Alley.

• 8:15am: Road Racing @ Gingerman Raceway Open Track Event. Register here.
Gingerman Raceway. 61414 Phoenix road. South Haven, MI - 49090. 269.253.4445

Friday - 15 August

• 8:00am - 3:00pm: MRT Open House and Bullitt Nationals. Register here.

Featuring show & shine with awards and food.

45646 Port Street. Plymouth, MI - 48170

• TBD: Dearborn Proving Ground (DDC) Track Event. Register via Mustang Alley.

• 6:00pm: The Mustang Hereos. Register via Mocsem.
Ford Conference Center. 1151 Village Road. Dearborn, MI

Saturday - 16 August

Mustang Alley

Woodward Dream Cruise

Boss, Bullitt and Shelby group specific secured parking lot near Mustang Alley. Register here.

Sunday - 17 August

• 8:00am - 5:00pm: Mustang Memories @ Ford Product Development Center. Register here.

mustangmemories.png

• Like 1

On Friday for the Dearborn proving grounds DDC will we have enough time to do the MRT car show and the Dearborn proving grounds?

Or do we sign up for one or the other?

I already am signed up for the MRT car show.

I assume we can't sign up yet for the dearborn proving grounds?

I

On Friday for the Dearborn proving grounds DDC will we have enough time to do the MRT car show and the Dearborn proving grounds?

Or do we sign up for one or the other?

I already am signed up for the MRT car show.

I assume we can't sign up yet for the dearborn proving grounds?

I

I don't know the times for the Dearborn Proving Grounds yet, however I would think that yes they would do it during the day. You can sign up for the MRT since it is no cost and if you get into the Dearborn proving grounds you can cancel. Have you done the Dearborn proving grounds before? I heard it is really hard to get into as it is a first come first serve and lots of people want in.

If you sign up for their email I believe they notify everyone when they are going to open the tickets so you can sign up right away :)

Look forward to seeing you

Yep I signed up for Mustang Alley a month or so ago. Last year we didn't do the Dearborn proving grounds. Is the Dearborn proving grounds the track with the small oval course with high banks?

I went back to Mustang Alleys page and yep that sounds like how they will notify everybody. The invitation to signing up will be sent via email and will be posted on their site the day that registration opens for the tours and track event. .

I signed up for parking at mustang alley a few months ago. I also see you can sign up for parking on Motorcityroundup. Should I sign up at Motorcityroundup so I will be guaranteed to park with the other Boss and Shelby owners? Or by already signing up on Mustang Alley will they put me in this area?

We have set up the secondary site for those that don't want to be on mustang alley. But all those that want to we will having a meeting place to meet to drive to mustang alley together so we can all park together.

Yep I signed up for Mustang Alley a month or so ago. Last year we didn't do the Dearborn proving grounds. Is the Dearborn proving grounds the track with the small oval course with high banks?

I went back to Mustang Alleys page and yep that sounds like how they will notify everybody. The invitation to signing up will be sent via email and will be posted on their site the day that registration opens for the tours and track event. .

If you get a chance to do the Dearborn proving grounds do it. I have heard that it is a great time

If you are weighing going to either MRT or the Dearborn Proving Ground (DDC) - do DDC! Not taking anything away from MRT, but even Scott Hoag would agree that you should do the DDC. Yes, it's smaller than the Michigan Proving Ground, but they will take you on a few different courses and show how vehicles are developed.

• Like 1

How many Team Shelby members are signed up to go? Can we keep a running list or would that not be appropriate since it is technically not a Team Shelby event?

I am fine with a list if you guys want to organize it. We will be promoting this at Ford Carlisle Show this weekend!!!

If you get a chance to do the Dearborn proving grounds do it. I have heard that it is a great time

I know for sure I never have been at the Dearborn proving grounds. I guess you have to be 18 years or older and I am bringing Savannah this summer so I guess that means its not an option for us.

A buddy of mine told me that last year a guy wanted to bring his 12 year old son and they wouldn't allow it

I know for sure I never have been at the Dearborn proving grounds. I guess you have to be 18 years or older and I am bringing Savannah this summer so I guess that means its not an option for us.

A buddy of mine told me that last year a guy wanted to bring his 12 year old son and they wouldn't allow it

Sorry I am not sure about Dearborn but Romeo is fine for Savannah

• Like 1

Sharon,

I'll keep a running list. Just send me the info.

Everyone else,

Its a Team Shelby event because of who shows up and is putting it on, not what name is being used to organize it.

The majority of attendees by far will all be people we know.

I'm signed up!

• Like 1

Sharon,

Everyone else,

Its a Team Shelby event because of who shows up and is putting it on, not what name is being used to organize it.

I'm signed up!

Thanks we are heading to Carlisle this week so I will get the info next week . It will be a great event :)

been there done that, it's epic! Sounds like it may not be the BIG track, but even-so the ride in the van around the course is worth it! Hint.... Try to ride shotgun! Edited by Doug_GT350
  • Like 1

Sharon,

Everyone else,

I'm signed up!

40 days since the last post here. Is there a list or not? Some reason to keep it secret?

I'm signed up for most of the Motor City Roundup stuff, and I managed to get into the Mustang plant tour, but unfortunately got waitlisted for the Dearborn Development Center track event. Oh, well - free day! I'll be arriving Sunday, departing Saturday. Can't wait to see some familiar faces!

Them there is fightin' words! :club:

:yup: OK, Joe, you're the one in the know - what do you think is going on here? Don't hold back.

Nothing going on. I haven't received any info from Sharon yet, so nothing to share just yet.

Dubbs are you going still? I thought you might not be able to make it due to a conflict of another event in California?

Me and the kiddo are splitting a room with you and yours! Of course I'm goin! Fly in Sunday, fly out Saturday AM.

See yall there!

Cool....Its going to be awesome. We both missed the initial 50th celebration in Charlotte/Vegas so it will be a great time to at least attend the final 50th event.

No list ever showed up here so I guess Sharon never shared it. What was the final count on how many Team Shelby members went?