andrewnagle1964

100,000 Mile Grill Badge

I like em, however, would keep them simple (one size fits all) mentality by removing Team Shelby, and the miles, continue the diamond pattern.

Edited by stngfever

I like em, however, would keep them simple (one size fits all) mentality by removing Team Shelby, and the miles, continue the diamond pattern.

Removing the Mileage would defeat the purpose of why he is doing these.

• Like 1

Removing the Mileage would defeat the purpose of why he is doing these.

Mileage will limit the sales opportunities, thereby stopping production before it starts.

I agree that the mileage will prohibit sales and its probably better to remove the mileage. I think the Team Shelby should stay there as its symbol of our car club

I would definitely be in for a Team Shelby Mountain Region badge. That would be sweet! Maybe even a Pacific Coast Region one since most of time is spent there!

That's nice work sir. I hope they pick it up. Almost looks like a challenge coin.

Andrew,

Each region is a licensee of Shelby Licensing, and if we submit the design for regional sale, we can get them approved and sell them as directors. I would not presume to cut off an opportunity for SPP, but if they pass on them, I would pay for the die and order them for my region. I think that is a great way to represent the club in a classy and undamaging way!

The 2013-14 cars would be left out, but we could work a fix for that perhaps.

If SPP doesn't get in touch with you soon, PM me and I will get the ball rolling on the club regions level.

GREAT JOB!

• Like 3

Andrew,

Each region is a licensee of Shelby Licensing, and if we submit the design for regional sale, we can get them approved and sell them as directors. I would not presume to cut off an opportunity for SPP, but if they pass on them, I would pay for the die and order them for my region. I think that is a great way to represent the club in a classy and undamaging way!

The 2013-14 cars would be left out, but we could work a fix for that perhaps.

If SPP doesn't get in touch with you soon, PM me and I will get the ball rolling on the club regions level.

GREAT JOB!

PM sent

As was mentioned above, and NOT to in any way minimize your wonderful intentions Andrew.......

They would make a GREAT Team Shelby Member grille badge sans the mileage.

I would absolutely buy one!! Hell, maybe they could somehow benefit the CS Children's Foundation too? A portion?

:lurk:

EDIT...SpEllInG

Edited by BULLITTBOY

Y'all r missing the original point! These were thought of as a way to acknowledge high mileage Shelbys.

• Like 1

Y'all r missing the original point! These were thought of as a way to acknowledge high mileage Shelbys.

Yes, and after he sells those five people one, he can make regional ones or some other designation to sell to the masses. The key is getting licensing to sign off on it, but I think they would.

Yes, and after he sells those five people one, he can make regional ones or some other designation to sell to the masses. The key is getting licensing to sign off on it, but I think they would.

Well, I can't speak for the other 4 people...but I think they are really cool and would be proud to have one on my car. If they are eventually made for all the regions or whatever I would hope that the 100,000 mile ones were unique and stood out from the rest...just my 2¢

• Like 2

Jas,

I totally agree!

Since he already designed the 100k one, Im gonna do two things.

1. Request Shelby American buys a batch to GIVE members who achieve that mark. It is substantial, not many will do it, and it's just advertising you can't beat or buy. If they won't, maybe a few of us directors will step in and do it anyway. Lol

2. Suggest to Andrew a redesign for regional ones so they are different.

Depending on the cost of each regional Die, might be easier just to do Team Shelby.

What about a badge with 'Team Shelby' at the top and a rectangular area left blank at the bottom (like MCA grill badges)? This would allow you (or SPP) to engrave '50,000 Miles,' or 'Member,'or 'Atlantic Region' etc. I've engraved my TS membership number on the back of the last two TS key chains at Things Remember for $20 and it looks great.

This would allow for a large number of the basic badge to be produced (lower cost).

Having to produce and inventory all the badge variations (for each region and mileage threshold) would be very costly.

I think including the basic badge in the 2015 membership kit would be a great start.

All good ideas and comments

If the raw materials and basic construction and colors stay the same the production costs can be grouped and we can have as many as we want.

Team Shelby

100,000 mile Club

50,000 mile Club

25,000 mile Club

Atlantic Region, Southern Plains, Pacific Northwest, Great Lakes, etc..

The dies cost approximately $100 each (obviously I have already footed the bill on the 100,000 mile one). We will probably need to to a total of 100 pieces minimum with a minimum of 10 per die to keep it reasonable. I am willing to do this for cost plus any licensing fees (as long as they are not sold at a 70 margin to the members) and someone suggested maybe we charge a little more and the extra money should go to the Shelby Foundation.

in about 2 weeks I will have a second prototype and should have production costs next week.

Andrew

Me personally, I don't want something that the masses have. I am one of the rare individuals whose Shelby will reach 100k :-) It will never be worth $$ in my lifetime so I am going to enjoy the ride!

• Like 4

Yes, and after he sells those five people one,

LOL!

Hey, wait a second. You think there are THAT many who have 100K on their Shelby? <lol>

Phill

LOL!

Hey, wait a second. You think there are THAT many who have 100K on their Shelby? <lol>

Phill

By the time SA approves and then releases them, 10 might be needed................. :whistling:

Edited by tesgt350

By the time SA approves and then releases them, 10 might needed................. :whistling:

:hysterical2:

By the time SA approves and then releases them, 10 might needed................. :whistling:

I'll probably need a 200k one by then

Me personally, I don't want something that the masses have. I am one of the rare individuals whose Shelby will reach 100k :-) It will never be worth $$ in my lifetime so I am going to enjoy the ride!

exactly!

Bravo Sherri!

• Like 2

SIGN US UP for One!! We hit 100k on our 40th 2 weeks ago!! The badge looks great!! We'll be looking at Platinum before you know it!! :)

• Like 2

Carroll wanted Everyone to enjoy the Cars..... :shift::shift::shift::shift:

• Like 1

Carroll wanted Everyone to enjoy the Cars..... :shift::shift::shift::shift:

totally agree.

bravo to you....

too bad more folks dont "get it" when it comes to these great cars..........

• Like 1

Looks good Andrew. With my driving style I'll be eligible in the year 2025, haha.

Dave

Andrew,

Does your company make bronze markers to embed in concrete? (For example, like those that the USGS uses for survey/elevation markers)

Tried to PM you but would not go through!

Sam