Had a local shop install Bilsteins front and rear.

Had them also install an adjustable pan-hard rod, to keep the a$$ end in line.

Man, what a difference.

And since it's my DD, it really helps the fillings in my teeth! :lol:

Bilsteins are nice ! They keep a firm track feel but do not to hurt you especially with every day driving! Nice choice ! Can't beat the nice baby blue and yellow color either!

Thanks,

Francis

Bilsteins are nice ! They keep a firm track feel but do not to hurt you especially with every day driving! Nice choice ! Can't beat the nice baby blue and yellow color either!

Thanks,

Francis

Yeah, the difference is amazing. Feels like a new car. It has the same grip, but not the harsh ride.

Where did you get them? What springs are you on?

I got American Muscle to price match Tire Rack. They were the lowest I could find.

The shipping was free from both.

I still have the stock Shelby-GT FR-3 package springs installed. So, whoever make those..... Eibach?

I have about 40k miles on the car.

I might have to switch to these. I did the Eibach R1 coilovers last year and it's not even fun to drive the car anymore... every friggin cement seam in the road feelings like a speed bump!

I might have to switch to these. I did the Eibach R1 coilovers last year and it's not even fun to drive the car anymore... every friggin cement seam in the road feelings like a speed bump!

These would be a great choice.

They provide a smoother ride, like over railroad tracks and your cement seams, etc. But, they don't lose any of the good handling properties that you get with the upgraded suspension. They seem to be able to identify sharp, quick impulses, like going over railroad tracks, and smooth those out. But, they firm up when the input is more constant, like going through turns.

About 8 years ago, I replaced Tokico adjustable shocks/struts with these on my lowered 2004 Mach 1. And I got the same improvement. With that episode in mind, I got them for my current DD SGT.

You won't be disappointed.

crap. I spent money on the adjustable ford racing shocks. MISTAKE! i knew i should have got the Bilsteins. they are great on my Tundra TRD. i guess i could get the Bilsteins later. :/

Had a local shop install Bilsteins front and rear.

Had them also install an adjustable pan-hard rod, to keep the a$$ end in line.

Man, what a difference.

And since it's my DD, it really helps the fillings in my teeth! :lol:

what particular Bilstein shocks did you have installed? item #?

As I mentioned, I found them the cheapest at Tire Rack, but American Muscle matched their price. The shipping was free at both places.

Here they are at Tire Rack:

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptabl.jsp?autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Shelby+GT&autoYear=2007&autoModClar=

They are also here at a good price:

http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbymodel.php?CategoryID=64&ModelID=5

Here are the fronts:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/bilstein-hd-strut-0510.html

And the rears:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/bilstein-hd-shock-0510.html

I also had them install the chamber bolts:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach-proalign-bolts-0512.html

Good luck.

You won't regret it!!

As I mentioned, I found them the cheapest at Tire Rack, but American Muscle matched their price. The shipping was free at both places.

Here they are at Tire Rack:

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptabl.jsp?autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Shelby+GT&autoYear=2007&autoModClar=

They are also here at a good price:

http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbymodel.php?CategoryID=64&ModelID=5

Here are the fronts:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/bilstein-hd-strut-0510.html

And the rears:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/bilstein-hd-shock-0510.html

I also had them install the chamber bolts:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach-proalign-bolts-0512.html

Good luck.

You won't regret it!!

i hope they're worth it. i stopped driving my Shelby because it was just beating me to a pulp. i think i left a kidney and a couple vertebrae back on some road somewhere in 2011. only got 17k miles on it because i just hate driving it with them ford shocks. I'm gonna need new tires soon too. my originals are old and cracking. i got some $ saved up though. getting ready to cut some checks.

NEEDS DROVE.

Edited by fatboy

my package of shocks and struts arived the night before. called ford shop friday and nobody was in the service dpt to answer the phone. the person(front desk or sales i guess) who answered said they were short handed in service. i thought to myself all someone has to do is pick up the phone in there and schedule an appointment for me. Usually dealer autoshops have at least 3 people handling calls and appointment scheduleing. i know dealership shops salivate to the thought of having a customer's business. :drool: But i guess they went on vacation at same time or passin around some flu. They're open saturdays but i'll just call them monday. there are other shops around but dont know if i can trust them with my baby. one place i know that has good service and they love my Shelby. had my muffler hangers rewelded there once. but i dont know if they do alignments. they closed on weekends.

Edited by fatboy

got my Bilsteins installed on all 4's.

WOW!

IT'S A NEW CAR. I immediately could tell the difference. i was grinning all the way home. :happy feet:

i needed a new set of tires too, so i had them throw on some. the tires are the Continental's Contiprocontact and are H rated (130mph). I don't race the car and never been over 110 anyway. Anyone know if these are good tires or how well they handle in wet or dry?

Edited by fatboy

Gotta hand it to you guys who are driving your SGT's so often. I'll probably have my original shocks and tires until I'm buried in it!

got my Bilsteins installed on all 4's.

WOW!

IT'S A NEW CAR. I immediately could tell the difference. i was grinning all the way home. :happy feet:

i needed a new set of tires too, so i had them throw on some. the tires are the Continental's Contiprocontact and are H rated (130mph). I don't race the car and never been over 110 anyway. Anyone know if these are good tires or how well they handle in wet or dry?

Glad you like the Bilsteins!!

They have always been my go-to strut/shock. That includes several Porsches I've had during my 40 years in the Porsche Club.

Now get out there and drive it!!!!

Hi! Bumping up this thread up since I noticed you installed front and rear Bilstein shocks. I would just like to know your feedback about it. May I also know if there are any discussions about Bilstein's HD and KYB? So I can get some comparison.

I installed Bilsteins all around last year. Not sure if there the same ones your talking about, my front have the shock portion inverted, supposedly more response than the standard set up. I live in North Dallas and I used a shop called Vorshlag. They do Great work! Absolutely love the ride, I have them combined with the Shelby/BMR Watts Link.

Hi! Bumping up this thread up since I noticed you installed front and rear Bilstein shocks. I would just like to know your feedback about it. May I also know if there are any discussions about Bilstein's HD and KYB? So I can get some comparison.

Feed back is that I love them. The car handles the same, but without the harshness of the original shock/strut ride.

I'm the original owner and my car is still my DD. Yes, after 10 years and 50k plus miles. So, ride harshness (or lack of) is important to me. The Bilsteins removed most of that teeth chattering whenever I'd go over railroad tracks, etc.

I also had a 2004 Mach 1 which was my previous daily driver. I traded it in for the Shelby. I tried the Tokico 5 way adjustables on that, but still had the harshness, even in the softest setting. So, I installed the Bilsteins and loved them ever since.

I know the KYB's are less expensive, but I've never tried them. I figure for something that affects the ride characteristics, I wanted the best gas shocks.

Hope that helps.

Shel-bee, thanks for reviving this thread. I'm still living with my original shocks/struts and need to replace them.

Feed back is that I love them. The car handles the same, but without the harshness of the original shock/strut ride.

I'm the original owner and my car is still my DD. Yes, after 10 years and 50k plus miles. So, ride harshness (or lack of) is important to me. The Bilsteins removed most of that teeth chattering whenever I'd go over railroad tracks, etc.

I also had a 2004 Mach 1 which was my previous daily driver. I traded it in for the Shelby. I tried the Tokico 5 way adjustables on that, but still had the harshness, even in the softest setting. So, I installed the Bilsteins and loved them ever since.

I know the KYB's are less expensive, but I've never tried them. I figure for something that affects the ride characteristics, I wanted the best gas shocks.

Hope that helps.

jay dub Mach1, thanks for the update. Good to know the Bilsteins hold up well and continue to make your driving pleasurable.