• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
CompCobra

New Wheels Ordered - Something Different!!

I recently sold my Alcoa's to another Team Shelby member and placed on order another set of wheels for our black 2008 Red Stripe Edition convertible.

Since we have always been huge fans of five spoke torque thrust style wheels, we ordered custom two piece American Racing VN425 TT SL wheels in 20"x9" and 20"x10.5" in fully polished aluminum.

I think I was very careful in measuring backspace, offset, etc. and should be able to run a 315/35/20 in the rear and 275/35/20 in the front. We plan on going with Michelin Pilot Super Sports. To offset the taller rear tire, I plan on installing 4.10 gears, which should give an effective ratio of around 3.90 or so.

The wheels have been on order now for two weeks and should be to us in about another four weeks or so. I will post plenty of pictures when I get them installed in case anyone is interested!!

CompCobra

VN425285XX_american_racing_hot_rod_polished_vn425_torq_thrust_sl.png

ARE VN425 SL on GT500.pdf

The attached file above shows the wheels on a red GT500 convertible since the black convertible in the American Racing online simulator did not show up very well!!

Thanks guys, I will definitely post some pics once they are installed. We are really excited and think that the fully polished aluminum wheels will look great against the black and red GT500. The larger width tires with just a bit of bulge should also add a nice touch as well.

It is just my opinion, but I really like the idea of a "modern version of an old school wheel" on a "modern version of an old school musclecar"!

I fully intend to not lower the rear of the GT500 either but instead just fill it up with the larger diameter 315/35/20 MPSS tires and keep the slightly raked stance, which I have always loved on the musclecars I have had in the past.

Man, I have always wanted to do that to my car over the years, but they never offered a Brembo clearing option.

Congrats!!

I settled on the Super Fakes and am happy, but American Racing wheels certainly must be of much higher quality.

I will keep checking back on the thread for your pics.

Enjoy!

Thanks Bullittboy! We were really excited to finally see a Torq Thrust wheel that would clear the Brembos as well. I think these wheels may be a fairly new offering through the American Racing Custom Shop, so that's why I thought I would share them with our fellow Team Shelby members. Unfortunately they are not forged like the Alcoas, but I think a little careful driving and some thicker sidewalls on the tires will help!

Thanks guys, I will definitely post some pics once they are installed. We are really excited and think that the fully polished aluminum wheels will look great against the black and red GT500. The larger width tires with just a bit of bulge should also add a nice touch as well.

It is just my opinion, but I really like the idea of a "modern version of an old school wheel" on a "modern version of an old school musclecar"!

I fully intend to not lower the rear of the GT500 either but instead just fill it up with the larger diameter 315/35/20 MPSS tires and keep the slightly raked stance, which I have always loved on the musclecars I have had in the past.

+1 on the "modern version of an old school wheel"

+1000 on keeping the rake!!!

Look forward to seeing it!

Mike

The American Racing VN425 Torq Thrusts arrived today!! That was a quick turnaround! Here is a pic of one up against the Shelby - fresh out of the box. Next come the Michelin PSS's in 275/35/20 and 315/35/20. Shouldn't be too much longer now!! I'll post more pics when they are on the Shelby and polished up.

Thanks,

CompCobra

image.jpg

Really sorry for the sideways pics guys!

Really sorry for the sideways pics guys!

I don't see the pic's sideways - see a great looking car w/new wheel which makes it look greater going up & down a hill

Thanks Cobra 07! I am ordering the tires, lugs, TPMS, etc. this week, so it won't be too much longer to show you much better pics!

After a very long wait for the tires, I finally have everything completed. Here are some pictures - sorry for them not coming out so hot, it was really hazy today and was not camara friendly. The rims and tires fit very well and after double checking all my clearances, I think I am all good!! I think the rear 315mm MPSS tires look great on the 10.5" rim, all tucked into the wheelwell. The taller ratio really fills things up and gives almost a lowered look, but the suspension is all stock. I like the rake of the GT500, as I am kind of nostalgic that way for musclecars. Drop me a note and let me know what you think! Thanks everyone, CompCobra

IMG_1763.JPG

IMG_1773.JPG

IMG_1777.JPG

IMG_1785.JPG

IMG_1796.JPG

IMG_1797.JPG

I think it looks great. I'm dig gin' the retro look, and just the right amount of flash in this world of matte black wheels.

Thanks FXR500!! The retro look is what I have always loved about our Shelby's. The wheels are a modern take on a classic wheel - the five spoke Torq Thrust - and go along nicely with a modern take on a classic car -the Shelby GT500. I think that with a black exterior and the dark red stripes, the highly polished wheels brighten it all up a bit too. The next modification will be a set of "bullet shaped sport mirrors" to further add to the subtle retro look. The main reason for me sharing the photos is that I wanted to show all the fellow members another wheel option for our cars, as I think variety is always a good thing and keeps things interesting. Thanks again! CompCobra

looks a bit off on the newer car but to each his own

Thanks for the comment 39Mustang! I'll agree that it is different than wheels normally seen on our cars, but we have always been a fan of polished aluminum and couldn't resist the chance to customize the GT500 a bit more to our liking.

I like them! I've always been a fan of the Torq Thrust wheel look on a Mustang (I put grey ones on my white '99 GT). Definitely unique on a late model Shelby, but it's classic yet bold in my opinion. Really pops with your car color! Enjoy!

Thanks Betashave! We have always loved the Torq Thrusts as well, especially the grey ones with the sharp edged spokes, which is why these really caught our eye. With a black GT500 and such dark red stipes on the red stripe appearance package, we think the polished aluminum brightens things up a bit. American Racing did a very nice job building them - they made them hubcentric like the factory, the welds are beautiful, and each wheel came with an inspection sheet showing dimensional runout in all directions. I am glad I did my measuring correctly, as the 315's in the back really fit beautifully, but I would not want them any wider or taller!! The Michelin Pilot Super Sports really have some bite to them as well.

Well, well, well......

For shame on me. I've been away from your thread too long.

I LIKE 'EM!!! Good job.

Glad you're happy too. :)

Thanks Bikeboy!! They have been a great addition to the GT500. Now on to some more! ?

Today I noticed the ever so slightest bit of rubbing on the inside of both rear tires on both of the bump stop mounting brackets. It only happens when a wheel is at its lowest point in the rear axle motion (spring uncompressed, not compressed), like turning onto an uphill driveway. I'll have to remove both brackets from the frame rail this spring, relocate the bump stops on the axle, and then be all good! Other than that minor hassle, the wheels and tires are great! I was really trying to avoid having to do that modification, but it will be worth it in the end. Such is life with modifying our cars!!

After a very long wait for the tires, I finally have everything completed. Here are some pictures - sorry for them not coming out so hot, it was really hazy today and was not camara friendly. The rims and tires fit very well and after double checking all my clearances, I think I am all good!! I think the rear 315mm MPSS tires look great on the 10.5" rim, all tucked into the wheelwell. The taller ratio really fills things up and gives almost a lowered look, but the suspension is all stock. I like the rake of the GT500, as I am kind of nostalgic that way for musclecars. Drop me a note and let me know what you think! Thanks everyone, CompCobra

I really like the way they look. If you could get a side rear shit showing how the width of the rear tire fills out the fender well it would be appreciate thanks

Thanks Car Dude!

I was on vacation at the US F1 Grand Prix and just saw your note.

I'll see about that picture for you!

CompCobra

Here you go Car Dude! Sorry for the reflection, but the polished aluminum really shines in the light!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg