• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Team Shelby Calendar, Team Shelby Hat, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate, and Lapel Pin -  the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles (present current member card for discount)   Driving Experiences   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events   Insider information from Shelby American   Affiliate Partner Discounts   Updated January 2, 2019. Team Shelby Club 2019 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2019, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.  
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
    • ForumAdmin

* * * 2019 TS VEGAS BASH TICKETS AVAILABLE * * *   01/24/2019

2019 Bash Tickets
Sign in to follow this  
that__seth__guy

My Highway Speed Problem

Hey all, I have a question for you! It seems that on the highway, in my coupe, I am running too high RPM at around 70-80 mph. My speedo says 3500-4000rpm.

My setup is a 1971 Ford 302 paired to a Holley 600CFM carb, with a C4 transmission from that year. My rear end is a 1967 Mustang 2.79 ratio. Do I have something in the engine tuned wrong? Timing? Im running 91 octane. Fluid levels in the rear and transmission seem to be fine, but would low transmission fluid level be causing this? Or possibly carburetor tuning? I am in the dark here.

Any help is, and will always be, greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Seth

Edited by that__seth__guy

I had a 1970 Mustang with 302 and 2.79 rear end years ago. 3,000 rpm in third gear of the C-4 was 80 mph with F70x14 tires which is equal to about 225/70x14 today. Your carb or state of tune should have nothing to due with your issue, could be your tire size or even speedometer error.

I had a 1970 Mustang with 302 and 2.79 rear end years ago. 3,000 rpm in third gear of the C-4 was 80 mph with F70x14 tires which is equal to about 225/70x14 today. Your carb or state of tune should have nothing to due with your issue, could be your tire size or even speedometer error.

Ah okay, ill have to double check both my Speedo and Tach then. Im running 225/60x15 radials in the rear (Magnum 500's), maybe my setup just isn't a good long-drive highway one?

Thanks for your help Bill!

UPDATE- I did an online calculator and with my tire height of 26.63 inches, I should be turning 2813RPM @ 80MPH, I think my tach may be on the Straight 6 setting as it is an aftermarket tach. *FACEPALM* The sound of the engine may just be off because my exhaust is rusted out behind the seats (new exhaust is on the way to save my hearing). Thanks again Bill for giving me a different perspective and eliminating the carb theory I had. Im still new at this :/

Another thought is to check out " Tire Rack " for the name and tire size of the tire you are currently running and look at the specs for the tire. They can even tell you the revolutions per mile and such.

Your engine state of tune or fluids will have nothing to do with this but you are running only a three speed transmission... Consider many cars today are running 6 speeds or more.. and that helps keep the RPM down.

Your thoughts on an incorrect tachometer might bear out checking as well. need to be sure it's set for the engine you have.

Good luck with this and maybe post your results when you can.

Your tach is most likely wrong. I also have a tach that reads too high, and seems to be a % problem, as it is not far off at idle and gets worse at higher RPMs. I am sending mine in for rebuild.

My highway speed problem is a direct result of my right foot.... :woohoo:

Sorry - couldn't resist!

My highway speed problem is a direct result of my right foot.... :woohoo:

Sorry - couldn't resist!

:clapping: well put. I applaud you! haha

And I will be checking the tach when I get back to the car after Pebble Beach. Ill let you guys know what was going on if/when I fix the issue. Ill also do a photo update of my project, its almost done! :)