• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Team Shelby Calendar, Team Shelby Hat, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate, and Lapel Pin -  the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles (present current member card for discount)   Driving Experiences   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events   Insider information from Shelby American   Affiliate Partner Discounts   Updated January 2, 2019. Team Shelby Club 2019 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2019, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.  
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
    • ForumAdmin

* * * 2019 TS VEGAS BASH TICKETS AVAILABLE * * *   01/24/2019

2019 Bash Tickets
mikeljgt500kr

Couldn't Pass This '67 Up….

I am not normally into impulse buying, but when I helped judge this '67 at an MCA regional early this year, I fell in love at first sight. I left the guy my card and said to contact me if he ever wanted to sell. He did and I did, and now I have it home. Very unique car, GT convertible, S code (390 CI 4V), 4 speed, Brittany Blue with Parchment interior, and A/C that works. It is a blast to drive too.

post-39072-0-04588000-1407000836_thumb.jpg

post-39072-0-16766200-1407000865_thumb.jpg

post-39072-0-42998600-1407000885_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Outstanding piece of machinery. A 390 in a totally classy color combo; the fist sheathed in a velvet glove.

Congratulations, and enjoy the miles!

All the best,

Quinn

Cool! Very cool! The '67-68 is my favorite body style--especially with the turn signals in the hood louvers. Beautiful color, fantastic motor! Enjoy!

I am not normally into impulse buying, but when I helped judge this '67 at an MCA regional early this year, I fell in love at first sight. I left the guy my card and said to contact me if he ever wanted to sell. He did and I did, and now I have it home. Very unique car, GT convertible, S code (390 CI 4V), 4 speed, Brittany Blue with Parchment interior, and A/C that works. It is a blast to drive too.

I'm curious, what is something like that worth? The only reason I ask is because my next door neighbor has a car that is almost identical to that one but his is a dark green color. Yours is SUPER clean compared to his. His isn't a wreck but it's not nearly as pristine as yours is. Most of the problem is he's used cheap 'resto' parts on it (front fenders, interior seat covers, rag top, etc.).

390, 4-spd. convertable with black interior. He *claims* it's worth some crazy amount (I've heard him give numbers between $45K and $75K). He has a junkyard 302 in it now but claims he has the original 390 stored in the garage in his parents house.

I'm skeptical because he likes to sling bullshit all over the place.

I'm sure a 390 car is going to be worth some money and more so because it's a 'vert but his is pretty rough and I just can't see a $45K price tag on it. He claims he had it appraised at $45K for insurance purposes but it looks more like about a $7500 car to me. Well, at least before he started restoring it, which he says it is in the process of right now.

Just curious,

Phill

I'm curious, what is something like that worth? The only reason I ask is because my next door neighbor has a car that is almost identical to that one but his is a dark green color. Yours is SUPER clean compared to his. His isn't a wreck but it's not nearly as pristine as yours is. Most of the problem is he's used cheap 'resto' parts on it (front fenders, interior seat covers, rag top, etc.).

390, 4-spd. convertable with black interior. He *claims* it's worth some crazy amount (I've heard him give numbers between $45K and $75K). He has a junkyard 302 in it now but claims he has the original 390 stored in the garage in his parents house.

I'm skeptical because he likes to sling bullshit all over the place.

I'm sure a 390 car is going to be worth some money and more so because it's a 'vert but his is pretty rough and I just can't see a $45K price tag on it. He claims he had it appraised at $45K for insurance purposes but it looks more like about a $7500 car to me. Well, at least before he started restoring it, which he says it is in the process of right now.

Just curious,

Phill

According to the Hagerty and some other classic car valuation tools, the price range for my car is in the $60-$70K range, as a #1, which is what I paid and where it was appraised. This car has just been completely rotisserie restored from the ground up. It is a dry Arizona car since the late '70s, and the previous owner has had it since 1981, it has the original drivetrain, and the restoration was done with mostly correct parts back to as delivered standards, some details are missing I am working on, like paint over-sprays, some finishes on nuts/bolts/clamps, incorrect distributor (though date code correct), etc.

I too would be skeptical of the car you describe for $45K. With all those incorrect and cheap parts, getting it to concours level, for say MCA judging, would be expensive. It sounds like a driver, maybe a #3 car, so maybe about 25K with the 390 back in it. IMO.

According to the Hagerty and some other classic car valuation tools, the price range for my car is in the $60-$70K range, as a #1, which is what I paid and where it was appraised. This car has just been completely rotisserie restored from the ground up. It is a dry Arizona car since the late '70s, and the previous owner has had it since 1981, it has the original drivetrain, and the restoration was done with mostly correct parts back to as delivered standards, some details are missing I am working on, like paint over-sprays, some finishes on nuts/bolts/clamps, incorrect distributor (though date code correct), etc.

I too would be skeptical of the car you describe for $45K. With all those incorrect and cheap parts, getting it to concours level, for say MCA judging, would be expensive. It sounds like a driver, maybe a #3 car, so maybe about 25K with the 390 back in it. IMO.

Sounds like a good assessment. From the description, I would say there is easily $40K of work to make it near as nice as the one Mike just bought. If the matching motor is really there and buildable, by the time you build that and make the car right with a full restoration, I imagine that my $40K number is actually really light. You are probably correct that this is probably more of a $10K car than a $45K car. All depends on how nice the base builder is. If it is absolutely 100% rust free to start with, it still sounds like it would be a stretch to get to a $20K car, assuming all correct parts are available. As a for example, that aircleaner you see in the above picture is a very rare part. I was dating a girl with a very similar S code vert other than her's was a GTA in red. She was missing the correct aircleaner and chrome cover. I found one for her and it cost me $1K just to get the aircleaner. (P.S., that was not money well spent! :hysterical::doh: )

Mike,

Congrats on the purchase. That is one of the greats for sure and looks beautiful.

Gorgeous car and color. You get a chance, go to Scoderegistry and register your car.

Edited by SGT-C0056

Mike, that is a beautiful S code. Enjoy that Mustang!

Thanks Troy, and I will be needing an item to display it at shows, so stay tuned.

Very nice!

Brittany Blue, S-code, 4 speed and a drop top....quadruple win!!

Congrats MJ

My first 67 GT 390 Mustang I got in high school--$900. Loved that car until I blew up the engine, replaced it with a warmed over 289 and had a blast with it. Kind of wish I had kept that one.....along with about a dozen others. :)

• Like 1

Mike, nice catch. Love the color combinations. Great way to start the new year!

Thanks all, I am now gathering the correct date coded parts to replace many that are not, and will have it ready for the MCA National judging in Tucson in March.