CaitlinC

The New Shelby American Forged Wheel - Coming October 27, 2014!

Oh man, I wasn't expecting you all to jump on this " :drop: band wagon" with me............I'm going to get banned for sure, I just know it........

:hide:

:hysterical3:

Oh man, I wasn't expecting you all to jump on this " :drop: band wagon" with me............I'm going to get banned for sure, I just know it........

:hide:

Good lord man... I like the looks but there is NO WAY I would ever pay that kind of money for A wheel! I don't care how high of quality it is... From the response so far I'm guessing these will only go to those with more money than they know what to do with.

These are not a bad deal considering the Weld GT-S (Speed 10) version of this wheel MSPR's for $1522.00 If you are looking for that style......I'm just saying

:reading:

If they are going to charge this much just for the wheels just imagine how much the new SA mustang is going to cost. $80,000 for a SuperSnake will seem like the good old days.

Is this the new plan to make sure exclusive parts remain 'exclusive'?

Edited by EL SHELBY

Nice looking but not cheap - I would like to see a set of these mounted on a car to give me a better idea of how they look installed!

Is this the new plan to make sure exclusive parts remain 'exclusive'?

No I am sure these will be on eBay at 1/2 price in a couple of years.

Nice looking but not cheap - I would like to see a set of these mounted on a car to give me a better idea of how they look installed!

There is a picture on their facebook page. I still think Alcoa wheels are the best looking.

Edited by sheppd01
  • Like 1

I completely agree with everyone.

I was hoping around $800/wheel.

These would be right at $5K delivered with TPMS. Then you would have to get tires and mounted.

Those CS1s or Black Mambas are looking better and better.

Tom

• Like 1

I hate to "pile on" here, as I am all about our beloved Shelby automobiles. But man oh man....how on earth can a car wheel cost that much to make????

It's not like it is even drop dead gorgeous like the Alcoas?

Although I admit my Black Mambas are not forged and are built in China, at $350 a copy they are a nice alternative.

The Alcoa wheels were made in Russia, hence the lower price point. This time around we chose to stay here in the US and work with a high tech American partner like WELD Racing.

Another bit of information: the Shelby exclusive parts on the upcoming Vegas built Shelby Mustang will be all Made in USA also.

AJ

LETS SEE EM ON A VEHICLE! All wheels look good till you mount them on a car.

In person these wheels look like jewelry. I'm partial to the polished ones, but the black with the machined accents will look fantastic on a white or red Mustang too! Caitlin and Jonathan will release some video of the wheels soon. We almost killed a couple of innocent GoPro cameras while doing burnouts!

AJ

Did not know the Alcoas were made in Russia... So our wheels are not USA made? That will be an extreme disappointment in Shelby American. :redcard:

Edited by 05mustangman

Did not know the Alcoas were made in Russia... So our wheels are not USA made? That will be an extreme disappointment in Shelby American. :redcard:

Most of the OEM and the low price aftermarket wheels are made overseas, mainly in China, where aluminum can be iffy. The aluminum coming out of Russia is pretty good actually, and Alcoa had very stringent quality standards. But the new Venice wheels are a class above the Alcoas both because of the superior quality materials and also because of the expert craftsmanship.

AJ

Well, you can buy custom made Forgelines for that price, which are even 8 lbs lighter also. And why the 10.5 inch. Everybody complained about the Alcoa's not being 11 inch. And why still making 20 inchers. 18s or 19s are a better choice wheel wise. When you go track 20 inchers are not good.

I spent $3,800 for a set of five Alcoas (3) 9.5s and (2) 10.5 ( including shipping ) and thought that was a lot of money. I Like the new wheel but hate the price no matter where it was made!

I love my OEM 18" and 20" Shelby Forged Alcoa's. I can't wait to see these on a car but will keep my Russian made shoes for now.

A LOT of that Mustang is made in China...........think of it as a Worldly Car.

Most of the OEM and the low price aftermarket wheels are made overseas, mainly in China, where aluminum can be iffy. The aluminum coming out of Russia is pretty good actually, and Alcoa had very stringent quality standards. But the new Venice wheels are a class above the Alcoas both because of the superior quality materials and also because of the expert craftsmanship.

AJ

Where do the Blocks of Aluminum for the Wheels come from? Russia?

A LOT of that Mustang is made in China...........think of it as a Worldly Car.

Yea but, I was always under the impression the Alcoas were made in USA. Not made in Russia. Did anyome else know they werent made here?

Edited by 05mustangman