ITHERTZ66

Powered By Ford Badges

Anybody have a set of fender badges they can part with? Don't want to spend the crazy asking prices on ebay, but would like to use a set for a Cobra Replica Roadster. I think they look a lot better than the Scott Drake vintage ones.

shelbygtpbf.jpg

There's a guy here in NE Florida that goes around to many of the car shows and sell these CHEAP! They are OEM quality and only cost me $50 for a pair! If I happen to spot him, I'll see if I can get a few more for Team Shelby members!

Sam

Sam - that would be perfect!!! Do you have a photo of the ones you purchased? Are they some sort of knock-off?

397_p13_l.jpg

Edited by ITHERTZ66

They don't look like knock-offs, they look OEM, very nice pieces.

I'll try and get a pic of them tonight.

I've seen this guy at several shows down this way, I bought mine from him at a Bozard Ford show (St. Augustine) a year ago, and I believe he was at the Waterford Lakes show in Orlando.

Sam

Edited by 2007_Shelby_GT

There is a knock off set that has a glossy black finish and the letters are not as crisp. I bought a set and returned them so you may want to avoid those. Most people would not know the difference.

image8_zpsa2ff9f8b.jpeg

Not a great photo, but side by side, they look identical!

Again, if I see this guy at any local shows, I'll purchase as many pair as I can afford, (if they meet the same quality standards), and then offer them up to Team Shelby members.

Sam

I might be interested in a pair.

I bought a set that Shelby sells thinking they were the same they put on the GT350 (same as Troy picutred in post #1) and they aren't the same. I think they are Drake products but def. not the Ford ones like shown.

Phill

image8_zpsa2ff9f8b.jpeg

Again, if I see this guy at any local shows, I'll purchase as many pair as I can afford, (if they meet the same quality standards), and then offer them up to Team Shelby members.

Sam

They look good to me Sam. I'll buy a pair from you if you get more. (I would like to have a spare set for the race car - just in case) :fear:

image8_zpsa2ff9f8b.jpeg

Sam

Me three, please. One set, please.

This guy on eBay seems to be able to get his hands on some. http://www.ebay.com/itm/251766483155?_trksid=p2060778.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I won an auction a few months ago and paid about $65 for a set. The auctions have been ending at between $85 - $100 lately though. Good luck!

I bought a set from the "partsfinder" seller on eBay. They are really nice and appear to be completely legit. The first set I received had a scratch on the blue bar, emailed the guy, he asked me to send them back and I had a new set within a couple of days. I paid $100 for them.

Back in '07, these badges were 300 bucks a set. But that when they were OEM parts. Now that China is getting a slice of the action, 65 to 100 bucks a set is less insane. No slowing down the "tribute" crowd.

At these prices, I'll take two sets. Someone let me know if they are really taking orders.

This guy on eBay seems to be able to get his hands on some. http://www.ebay.com/itm/251766483155?_trksid=p2060778.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I won an auction a few months ago and paid about $65 for a set. The auctions have been ending at between $85 - $100 lately though. Good luck!

I got a pair from this guy paid $95.

I got a pair from this guy paid $95.

Yeah I wonder here he gets them from? It's weird because the other items he sells are all Searay or boat emblems.

Just an update: I've been to a couple of shows, but haven't spotted the supplier yet! I will keep you advised when I find him, and again, if the price and quality are good, I'll pick up as many sets as he has!

Sam

Don't know the details but I am glad some of these rare items survived ... and it's not the first time exclusive or controlled items have appeared on Ebay and it won't be the last.

thank you for the fast reply ,I will let him know,he has to put in a new clutch first,

Only if u have a police report of stolen ones or damaged ones sent in is the way it use to be unless that policy has changed?

BuyFordRacingParts is selling the OEM "Powered by Ford" fender badges for $140/pair and there's a new design from Ford Racing that they have for $60/pair which has "Powered by Ford Racing". Check it out!