1 Alibi 2

And For What It's Worth $$$$

Watched the Mecum auction from Austin Tx. last night, 2006, 4 option car, blue / white stripes, 267 miles, hammered for 310K !

I couldn't help but think, what a waste, having this car & not driving it..

Edited by 1 Alibi 2

I thought the same thing about the Heritage Edition that was a no sale @$400K with about 5K miles. Seems all these Ford GTs have become so expensive that no one wants to drive them any more. But, since so many have been totaled and few seem to be able to drive them safely, that could be a good thing…….. :)

Looks like a pretty good profit from the price of which they originally sold for, seems like whoever had the money to buy them New made an incredible investment.

A lot of owners buy them as investments with no intention of driving them.....I know of 2 such owners. Both under 500 miles. They are both right now sitting on 200% profit and its only getting better as time passes......

i wonder how this will change in light of the newly-announced 2016 Ford GT? Will the older models still command that high of a premium in the used market? Will those owners sell their older models in order to upgrade, thus increasing supply? Or will those who wanted to buy an older model but who don't want to spend those high prices for a used car finally decide to buy a new one and skip the older models altogether?

If the price of the newone is around $225 k then the older ones will come down in price I would think.

If the price of the newone is around $225 k then the older ones will come down in price I would think.

I agree, it depends on the price point for the new ones.