Cali_KR

Mustangs Make Great Recreational Vehicles

Was visiting my folks this week, and my dad dug up these pix of our 1967 GTA Fastback. These are from the lates 60's / early 70's.

When you're a one car family back in the day before SUV's and awd on everything, this is how it was done, when RWD roamed the earth....

103_zpsf68a7ffa.jpg

165_zpsca35c87c.jpg

Thats me peeking out of the drivers side window, and my mom standing at the back.

164_zps46734c54.jpg

166_zps342b593b.jpg

Edited by Cali_KR
  • Like 3

Awesome pics! Yep, that's how it was done! Here's my family vacation machine in 1967.

1967Cudatravel.jpg

• Like 1

Great pictures.

My uncle was the original owner of my 1965 fastback. I remember riding with him as we towed a 20' cabin cruiser to the Missouri river. I still have the tow hitch and the electric brake is still installed in the Mustang. Also I tore up many streets with my studded snow tires when the car became mine.

• Like 1

Was visiting my folks this week, and my dad dug up these pix of our 1967 GTA Fastback. These are from the lates 60's / early 70's.

When you're a one car family back in the day before SUV's and awd on everything, this is how it was done.

103_zpsf68a7ffa.jpg

165_zpsca35c87c.jpg

Thats me peeking out of the drivers side window, and my mom standing at the back.

164_zps46734c54.jpg

166_zps342b593b.jpg

Very cool.

• Like 1

Yeah - the good ole days of studded snow tires and snow higher than one can see over ! I remember when we use to have to dig out of the house, help dad swap out the tires for the "winter" set, and listening to the radio to see if our school was closed due to snow. It's fun when you're young but I'm glad to be in sunny California now that I'm older. Posi-traction differentials were a must have back then also. Thanks for sharing TD.

• Like 1

Pretty bad to have only one car, and it is a sports car…….

Well some of us cannot afford multiple cars, let alone one, so this gives some of us a chance to have our cake and eat it to with one vehicle.

Thanks for sharing. I sometimes thought of putting a hitch on my stang, but luckily my wife usually likes owning Vans or SUV's that are set up with tow hitches.

• Like 1

Not quite as good as the other pix, but we found another...this one before my dad added the "C" stripes...

67_GTA_1001.jpg

Edited by Cali_KR

very cool! The pic with trailer should be made into a poster that proves cars were actually used. Hell, I'd put that up in my garage

• Like 1

I sure hope the current owner of #547 realizes the significance of the trailer hitch installed on the back of the car...

post-8727-0-28011500-1419528974_thumb.jpg

post-8727-0-62064900-1419529108_thumb.jpg

And YES, the loaded trailer was attached when we ran it on the Dyno at SAI...

• Like 1

I sure hope the current owner of #547 realizes the significance of the trailer hitch installed on the back of the car...

attachicon.gifIMAG0048a.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG3344.jpg

Mustangs are NOT insulated well so I hope you had some thick ass winter clothes on whew that looks cold

very cool! The pic with trailer should be made into a poster that proves cars were actually used. Hell, I'd put that up in my garage

The colors are remarkable in some of those pix, I'll be getting some large prints made, then framed for the man cave

Very cool.

Great pics. I had a 67 390 with 4 speed. I could not get it to move in the winter in Illinois. I would put it in 2nd or 3rd gear and hop out push and hop back in. Good Old Day's. Rick Gardner

• Like 1

Never mind the car, how much HP did the Trailer put down, I think I have one just like it.

:hysterical2: