cficare

Need Intel: 2013 Gt500 Wheels Stolen.

Guys,

I need your expertise. My 2013 GT500 wheels got jacked and I have a suspect who posted them bitches to Craigslist. I have pictures of the inner-wheel and need to know if the number below the Ford logo is a definite serial number or not. It's a 5 digit number, to the right of which is a date, then part number, country of origin (Taiwan), etc.

Does anyone know for sure, 100%? Ford customer service said no, Shelby America didn't know (i really didnt expect them to), and the cops have been told the same when they called a dealership (groan).

Thanks guys,

Chris

Sorry to hear that. Those are Part Numbers. Have a friend Call the Guy to set up a time to see them and while he is looking at them drive up in the Shelby and have your friend watch his reactions as you pull up.

Sorry to hear that. Those are Part Numbers. Have a friend Call the Guy to set up a time to see them and while he is looking at them drive up in the Shelby and have your friend watch his reactions as you pull up.

Good idea but does he have any wheels on his Shelby.?

Edited by shelby001

UPDATE:

Long story short: I live in an apartment complex, ground level. Had my summer tires (which had been retired for the season on account of screws - 3 in 2 months - NATCH!) They were on the porch locked together. You couldnt see them unless you walked up on the porch. Some guys came and took them. 240 lbs of wheels.

I knew they were useless to any regular a**hole so I visited and called pawn shops (they had stopped taking them). Tried to find places that took used wheels/rims - nothing really panned out. I kept an eye on CL and searchtempest (in case they were smart enough to move or list them out of the area).

Wheels popped up on 2 days ago. I saw them a day ago. They were listed under the next town over - which starts 500 yards from my place. Dude put his actual cell # on the ad. I arranged to meet him. Cops, who I filed a report with and was keeping in the loop, told me to cancel the meet. They ended up meeting the guys. Bought the wheels. Arrested the guys. Gave me the wheels back the same night (last night).

The only sure-fire ID on the wheels was the two screws I told the cops about that screwed me originally. Life is funny sometimes.

2 guys ruined their lives for $1500 (which they got to keep for probably 15 seconds). Mandatory minimum for Grand Larceny with intent to resell is 2 years in Virginia. Crazy, man.

• Like 4

UPDATE:

Long story short: I live in an apartment complex, ground level. Had my summer tires (which had been retired for the season on account of screws - 3 in 2 months - NATCH!) They were on the porch locked together. You couldnt see them unless you walked up on the porch. Some guys came and took them. 240 lbs of wheels.

I knew they were useless to any regular a**hole so I visited and called pawn shops (they had stopped taking them). Tried to find places that took used wheels/rims - nothing really panned out. I kept an eye on CL and searchtempest (in case they were smart enough to move or list them out of the area).

Wheels popped up on 2 days ago. I saw them a day ago. They were listed under the next town over - which starts 500 yards from my place. Dude put his actual cell # on the ad. I arranged to meet him. Cops, who I filed a report with and was keeping in the loop, told me to cancel the meet. They ended up meeting the guys. Bought the wheels. Arrested the guys. Gave me the wheels back the same night (last night).

The only sure-fire ID on the wheels was the two screws I told the cops about that screwed me originally. Life is funny sometimes.

2 guys ruined their lives for $1500 (which they got to keep for probably 15 seconds). Mandatory minimum for Grand Larceny with intent to resell is 2 years in Virginia. Crazy, man.

That is funny!!!! I said it before and I'll say it again I hate thieves!!!! I hope they get what they deserve!!!

Glad ya got them back, stop around more often the forum is a great place to find out what's going on!

• Like 1

UPDATE:

Glad to hear you got them back ... maybe store them inside if you have a chance, you may not be so lucky next time.

Gtreat to hear you got them back & hopr the theives get the max.

Glad to hear! Having nice cars and trucks is hard when you live at apartments. I had my mustang keyed back in the 90s in my apt complex. For no good reason at all. People just dont like you having nice things if they cant have them too.

Damn Chris....what a happy outcome. Sorry ya had to go thru that however!

The guy (or guys) were probably tweekers. Idiot thieves!! At least that what it sounds like to me.

I am not proud to admit this here, but I do have some experience with this sorta thing... I have a 26 year old nephew who is a heroin addict and he has been known to do whatever it takes to get high. Been in and out of the "system" for half of his 26 years (literally)!

Anyway, his last stupid theft to get high and what he is currently serving time for , was stealing two cartloads of TIDE detergent to put on Craigslist. I know...TIDE you ask? Google it....it's apparently the "in" thing now for tweekers, because TIDE is so expensive. In fact Proctor & Gamble is thinking of putting serial #'s on each box now, it's so common! Crazy!!

Sorry, for the side story there, it just sounds all too familiar.

Like was said...get those things inside if ya can. :)

That's great you got them back! Guess sometimes getting "screwed" turns into a good thing. Which part of Virginia you in? I'm Northern.

Anyway, his last stupid theft to get high and what he is currently serving time for , was stealing two cartloads of TIDE detergent to put on Craigslist. I know...TIDE you ask? Google it....it's apparently the "in" thing now for tweekers, because TIDE is so expensive. In fact Proctor & Gamble is thinking of putting serial #'s on each box now, it's so common! Crazy!!

I would never have believed this. Just pulled up Craigslist OC. Unreal.....5 gallon buckets of Tide for 49 bucks. All sorts of household cleaning products and personal care items...(Razors, etc.) I guess everything is fair game..... :angry22: :angry22: :angry22:

Ain't it nutz Mike?

I left out perhaps THE best part of that story above.

His girlfriend (of many years actually too) was the waiting get away driver. As she saw the store mgr. chasing him out the door coming towards the car.......she sped off!!! :hysterical:

Unreal.......And I thought it was bad that security had to be so tight at my Warehouse. All we ship is truckloads of Sports Drinks........

But then you think about it.....a buck a bottle at the store, with a little of 28,000 bottles on a truckload.......CHA CHING!!!!!!!

Any one marking, or engraving the backside of their rims to help identify them if stolen? Glad he got them back. I was a parole officer, I know some about addiction , anything for the next fix, How sad. Guess I will have to put screws in some of my tires. LOL. :whistling: Harley

That's great you got them back! Guess sometimes getting "screwed" turns into a good thing. Which part of Virginia you in? I'm Northern.

I live in Reston.

I live in Reston.

Hey Chris, I'm in Burke. When weather gets nice, I like the Kohl's Cars and Coffee on Sundays. Closer to home and less crowded and more laid back than Katie's in Great Falls. Hope to see you around.

Curt

Maybe next time they will tape a piece of paper to the pile of wheels with the word "Free" on them, then take a picture of it, then steal them. :hysterical:

This is a good story, good outcome, good everything. Glad to hear it - and I agree, stick around these forums can be fun.

Such a great story - I like to see the guy(s) getting their whatscoiming!!!!

Let me add something - STAY INFORMED of what is going on with the case! Make sure you know who the prosecutor is that will be handling the case and make sure he/she knows you are watching. When they do go to trial BE THERE. The last time a punk broke into my shop and stole from me I stayed involved all the way thru the process, even showing up at the hearing. Made sure the judge & prosecuting attorney knew I was there. Idiot got sent away for three years. Later the attorney said if I hadn't been there it probably would have been a slap on the wrist & probation.

Any one marking, or engraving the backside of their rims to help identify them if stolen? Glad he got them back. I was a parole officer, I know some about addiction , anything for the next fix, How sad. Guess I will have to put screws in some of my tires. LOL. :whistling: Harley

Some years ago I had some rims stolen out of the back of my truck while in my driveway. Good area of town in a cul-de-sac street. The guys had to have followed me from the tire shop about 5 miles away. A couple of years later I am waiting for my wife outside a Kohl's in the same town and I look over and see a piece of shit olds or buick 4 door front wheel drive with the rims. They are a rare Steeda Hexcentric rim from the 90s used on 95 R Models for racing. Anyway, I go look at them and sure enough, they don't even line up well with the lug holes. I call the cops. Cop shows up and and I explain my story. While talking this guy that is in his mid-50s comes out. He is a custodian at the Kohl's. Explains this was his son's car who passed away a few months prior. Has no idea where the rims came from but the car rides terrible with them. I tell him my story and say I would be interested in getting the rims back. Give him my card. About a month later he calls me, I give him a $100 bill and the rims go in the bed of my truck.

Anyway, getting back to the reason for my post. The cop said I couldn't get the rims back. The only way would have been to mark the rims with my DL to prove they were mine. So, start engraving your rims....

Tom

Some years ago I had some rims stolen out of the back of my truck while in my driveway. Good area of town in a cul-de-sac street. The guys had to have followed me from the tire shop about 5 miles away. A couple of years later I am waiting for my wife outside a Kohl's in the same town and I look over and see a piece of shit olds or buick 4 door front wheel drive with the rims. They are a rare Steeda Hexcentric rim from the 90s used on 95 R Models for racing. Anyway, I go look at them and sure enough, they don't even line up well with the lug holes. I call the cops. Cop shows up and and I explain my story. While talking this guy that is in his mid-50s comes out. He is a custodian at the Kohl's. Explains this was his son's car who passed away a few months prior. Has no idea where the rims came from but the car rides terrible with them. I tell him my story and say I would be interested in getting the rims back. Give him my card. About a month later he calls me, I give him a $100 bill and the rims go in the bed of my truck.

Anyway, getting back to the reason for my post. The cop said I couldn't get the rims back. The only way would have been to mark the rims with my DL to prove they were mine. So, start engraving your rims....

Tom

Tom, I can damn sure say I will no doubt engrave em all next time I have em off for cleaning behind.

Great ideer!

Get a cheap wireless video camera. Makes a lot easier to get shit back from someone when you have evidence of them taking it. Also, if you can afford a Shelby, then you can probably afford a storage unit. I would suggest getting one of you have no room in an apartment. And don'tthink this only happens in crappy neighborhoods. Most of the time the thieves scout out nice neighborhoods so just cause you feel secure in a nice place, doesn't mean crap. Thieves are everywhere and they could even be your friends or co-workers!

That is definitely a great story with a happy ending. Congratulations on getting your property back.

Get a VIN etching kit. I do it on my wheels, glass, and other remote places on the car. 25 bucks for the kit (this is the same thing a dealer charges 300 bucks for).

https://vinetcher.com/

• Like 1

Several Years ago, someone stole the Wheels & Front Spoiler off my Stang while it was at my House. Left the car on blocks. Luckily I still had the original Wheels & Tires so I was able to get back on the road in less than an hour after the Sheriffs Deputy did his thing. A couple of weeks later I happen to be cruising down the strip at about 9:30pm and happen to see a Red Mustang with the same Wheels and what looked like my Front Spoiler sitting in a Parking Lot, except his Spoiler was Black and mine is Silver. As I got closer I knew it was my Spoiler. My Spoiler is a One of a kind as I took a spoiler for a GT and modified it to fit my V6 Bumper by cutting it. I pulled into the Parking Lot and parked behind the Mustang blocking it in and got out. I walked over to it laid on the ground and slid under it to check for my markings on the Wheels and sure enough, those were my Wheels to. As I was slidding out from under the carI noticed a pair of shiny black Shoes, it was a Police Officer that saw what I was doing and came over. As I was telling him that those were MY Wheels & Spoiler and I was going to call the Deputy that wrote the report and get my stuff back, I noticed a guy was walking towards us but was looking at something in his hand and did not see us until he looked up. I noticed he looked like a deer caught in the headlights and told the cop that must be the guy, pointing to him. When the Cop looked at the guy, the guy took off running just as a scond Cop pulled in to assist. The guy was caught and admitted to taking my Wheels and Spoiler. I was told I could take my Spoiler after photos were taken and asked to wait to get the wheels until it was taken to the Impound Yard. The next Day the Spoiler was repainted back Silver and re-installed and the Wheels were back on my Car and I was happy again. Since this was a little long, I included a Pic of my Stang.

gallery_10678_206_51191.jpg