cobrafan

Coming Out Of The Attic In 2 Weeks

Very impressive career! Wife and I thought we'd like to pursue opening a Culver's. When we found out the cash that was necessary to open one along with the liquid. we realized we couldn't swing it.

Congrats on your next chapter!

Thank you. Looking forward to it.

Obviously big fan of the 40th, but I'm loving that F-450?

Actually this is a highly modified F350 dually.

Congratulations Don! Enjoy your retirement. Hope to see you at a bash or other event sometime. Take care my friend and enjoy!

Actually this is a highly modified F350 dually.

I would be aposed to you posting a few pics and list of mods :)

This forum was deader than a door nail, so I just wanted to get some action going. 650 views is the most in a long time. Goes to show how desperate the step children in the attic are for attention!

Ok ladies and gents after 49 years 3 months and 3 days I have finally flipped my last burger. Many of you know me as the Burger King but I actually started working in a McDonald's in El Monte, CA in January 1966. They put me through college and then it was on to Burger King in 1980 as a Franchisee. 17 restaurants later I'm hanging up the spatulas once and for all. The past 4 or 5 years have been especially difficult for many small businesses including the Burger joints. We had a great year and we received an offer I couldn't refuse. (The inner circle knows exactly what means)

So now we have time to once again spend time with the many friends we have made in the Shelby family over the years, spend more time camping in the new 5th wheel, and show more dogs, (Boxers). We just finished another champion last month.

We'll be downsizing the house and upsizing the land. Going to build a barn for all the toys!

Thanks for taking an interest in the thread.

Don

cobrafan

Congrats Don. Saw the photo of the Boxer and it caught my attention as my family are Boxer people as well. Gave me fond memories of our beloved Boxer, Hope, who passed last August. I'm certain we'll have another Boxer in the future. Enjoy retirement and hit me up if you ever travel to NC.

Edited by ViperNC

Congratulations Don! Enjoy your retirement. Hope to see you at a bash or other event sometime. Take care my friend and enjoy!

Thanks Bob. Planning on being there next year. Look forward to seeing you.

Congrats Don. Saw the photo of the Boxer and it caught my attention as my family are Boxer people as well. Gave me fond memories of our beloved Boxer, Hope, who passed last August. I'm certain we'll have another Boxer in the future. Enjoy retirement and hit me up if you ever travel to NC.

We are going to be in NC and SC in a month or so.

We are going to be in NC and SC in a month or so.

Other than a Disney cruise in the tail end of April, we should be around. We are just outside of Charlotte. :)

Belated Congrats Don!!! I've been away from the treads for awhile and just now catching up. You've definitely served your time and now can be in control of your time.

Take care, and enjoy!!

This forum was deader than a door nail, so I just wanted to get some action going. 650 views is the most in a long time. Goes to show how desperate the step children in the attic are for attention!Ok ladies and gents after 49 years 3 months and 3 days I have finally flipped my last burger. Many of you know me as the Burger King but I actually started working in a McDonald's in El Monte, CA in January 1966. They put me through college and then it was on to Burger King in 1980 as a Franchisee. 17 restaurants later I'm hanging up the spatulas once and for all. The past 4 or 5 years have been especially difficult for many small businesses including the Burger joints. We had a great year and we received an offer I couldn't refuse. (The inner circle knows exactly what means)So now we have time to once again spend time with the many friends we have made in the Shelby family over the years, spend more time camping in the new 5th wheel, and show more dogs, (Boxers). We just finished another champion last month.We'll be downsizing the house and upsizing the land. Going to build a barn for all the toys!Thanks for taking an interest in the thread.Doncobrafan

Congratulations Don! Well done. We look forward to seeing you folks at the next Bash.