Knapper

Did Shelby Make A 2008 40Th Kr?

Or is this just some badging the owner put on his non40th

http://www.autoblog.com/used-detail--9148613797767802445-Ford-Mustang-2008

It doesn't really matter to me, but I hate when things are misrepresented...although it might diminish the value of what I have.

I love the new ride!!!! My daily driver has been a Lexus GS 350 F Sport. I used to think it was fast and fun to drive...how naive I was. My new 07 40th makes me feel foolish for all the years I thought I had a quick car ...and I haven't done anything other than the Shelby package.

Out of curiosity, and I know everyone has there own opinion, what has more value, more rare, etc... I am trying to understand the differences between the 2007 Shelby GT500...the GT 500 40th, the GT500KR, I know the super snake also was able to be added to the 40th, but not on the verts. All comments welcomed...still learning, but so far I think I have made a very wise choice.

07 GT500 - produced by ford SVT

GT500 40th - Post title package offered for the 07 GT500 via Shelby

GT500KR - pre-title limited run for 08 & 09, GT500's shipped from Ford to Shelby for the KR package, then shipped to dealers 08's we're badged with 1968 - 2008 40th Anniversary (KR 40th anniversary, not GT-500 40th anniversary)

While supersnake "power" package was available for add-on at some point during the 07 GT500 40th anniversary builds, many incorrectly confuse this as a "supersnake" added to a 40th.

While the answer to your initial question is yes they did make a 40th anniversary KR (the 08 KR's), it's interesting to see that the side badges on this one are incorrect as they should be 1968 - 2008 not the 1967 - 2007?

Def a correct 2008 KR. The funny thing is, is that I have a 2007 40th Anniversary (non-KR) and they (Tasca) put 1968-2008 40th badges on the front but left the side badges correct (just opposite of above). This dealership obviously haven't done their research on current values though.

Can I tell from the VIN if a 2008 GT 500 is a KR ?

Not from the VIN but if you have the Ford window sticker (aka Monroney Label) you can tell from that.

Steve