Last time they had it listed they had a $59,900 Buy it Now. Their description was much better then. They show over $96k in receipts. Completely agree with that number with what the ADM was at the time. Hope they get their price. Edited by Ford Fest

No I don't think you are missing anything...I think the ad is "slightly" misrepresenting the car. IMO all of the a la carte options Shelby offered for the '07s makes it difficult to know exactly "what" the car is. The '07 40th Anniversary was given the option to upgrade the power to a Super Snake equivalent....but you weren't getting the Baer brakes, short-throw shifter, 3.73 differential, and a couple of other goodies. However a lot of these could be added to the 40th...so essentially your 40th could be SS'd, except for the hood and black matte stripes .

To confuse matters further, the '07s could get the true Super Snake upgrade and have the 40th badging placed on them. I am the 2nd owner of CSM07XL0125. If I had it to do over again, I would have probably gone with a SS upgrade with the 40th badging.

I'll be honest, this is my limited understanding of the issues. Regardless, the car is awesome, fun to drive, turns heads, and is a fairly unique vehicle.

Edited by Knapper

You are spot on.

The upgrade at the time was termed "40th Anniversary with Super Snake Upgrades". Some of the early 40th's that opted for this (and the Kenne Bell) got the "Super Snake" scriped blowers (polished or black) and are quite rare. As you mentioned, the brakes, 3.73 rear, shifter, etc. were available as well.

The hood, stripes, badging and CSM were essentially the only differences between an optioned out 40th Anniversary and a "Super Snake".

It is a 40th by the csm number. It has the "super snake upgrade" which was not called that on my order form. It was just a supercharger upgrade.

The ad claims it is the only 40th with that upgrade and that is not true- I know of several that have it.

The only 40th cars I've seen actually sell is at the big name auctions. The price is all over the place, $45-$59k.

That must have been a tough 2500 miles. The car looks beat to shit and dirty. They didn't even take the time to wipe the bugs off the front of the car.