DubbsFaris

Lost A Good Friend And Longtime Ts Member- We Will Miss You Glen.

It is with a heavy heart that I share the news of another Team Shelby member- Glen Roy. GLROY

Glen was a passionate Shelby owner, and a fixture at our annual event in Terlingua. He and his lovely wife Lisa Howie were married at our event a few years ago, and celebrated their anniversary every year with us. Last year, WickedShelby sang "Harvest Moon" to honor their anniversary as he sung it at their wedding day. It was an emotional moment as we suspected it would be our last chance to share Terlingua with him.

Glen always had a smile on his face, and warm embrace to share even with a stranger. He will be dearly missed.

http://www.mccallbros.com/glen-alphonse-roy/

• Like 1

Godspeed Glen ... say hello to Carroll from all of us.

What a great point to make. Glen and Carroll are at the party to which the rest of us have yet to be invited.

Jim

• Like 1

It will be a hard year in Terlingua for us all this year without Glen I'm sure. He will be dearly missed. We will certainly raise a glass of red wine for our friend!

• Like 2

"We will certainly raise a glass of red wine for our friend!"

The only part Glen might disagree with is the "a" glass of wine part. I believe he would expect a glass or two more out of us. :cool:

Jim

• Like 2

Oh wow......I did not know Glen personally like some of you. However, as a LONG time TS member, I certainly remember seeing him post over the years. Funny, I always thought of his sig name as Gilroy Calif. (the garlic Capitol of the U.S.).

R. I. P. brother Glen, and prayers to Lisa and Glen's family.

:grouphug:

• Like 3

RIP My Brother Glen....

may your wine glass always be full and may the Harvest Moon shine every night just for you.......

all our love and prayers to dear Lisa.

We got to spend time with both Glen and Lisa during their last trip to Palm Springs this last May. It was a great time all things considered, but very sad when it was time to leave.

A toast was made in Glen's honor this past Friday at Amy Boylan's place, The Tonga Hut, in Palm Springs.

RIP Glen

Dan

• Like 3

I just now saw this thread...

Glen was an early TS guy, and I teased him about being from "Winterpeg" (as a Canadian, you'll know what that means)

My condolences to Lisa and their family.

Edited by Cali_KR

RIP Glen....always a smiling face and a firm handshake. He will be missed....

Edited by MMcGuirk

I just read this. Glenda and I met Glen and Lisa with Alex Makenzie during Bash 2014 in Palm Springs. He was a hoot! God Speed Glen. Prayers to Lisa and their family.

DSC02406.jpg

• Like 1

Really sad to see this. He left us too young. Condolences to Lisa and the family. Per request on the link above a donation has been made to the Terlingua Preservation Society.

I just read this. Glenda and I met Glen and Lisa with Alex Makenzie during Bash 2014 in Palm Springs. He was a hoot! God Speed Glen. Prayers to Lisa and their family.

great picture.

It will be a hard year in Terlingua for us all this year without Glen I'm sure. He will be dearly missed. We will certainly raise a glass of red wine for our friend!

+1. We will truly, truly miss Glen.

David

"We will certainly raise a glass of red wine for our friend!"

The only part Glen might disagree with is the "a" glass of wine part. I believe he would expect a glass or two more out of us. :cool:

Jim

+2 or more. you are quite right Jim.

David

Glen will be so sorely missed by myself and all who knew him.

Lisa, Reine and I's thoughts go out to you every day.

David

I feel honored to have shared so many great times with Glen and Lisa...from our trips, times in Palm Springs, being best man at their wedding, building them 3 cars, and all the stories. Glen will be missed by many. I can't remember a single time when spending time with Glen where he didn't have a smile on his face. So unfair for such a great person to be taken from all of us at such a young age.

Alex

• Like 2

I feel honored to have shared so many great times with Glen and Lisa...from our trips, times in Palm Springs, being best man at their wedding, building them 3 cars, and all the stories. Glen will be missed by many. I can't remember a single time when spending time with Glen where he didn't have a smile on his face. So unfair for such a great person to be taken from all of us at such a young age.

Alex

Alex - very well said. Knowing how close you were with Glen and Lisa, Glen's passing must be taking its toll on you beyond what you can put into words here. I will forever remember Glen's words whenever someone was talking about you: "Well, you know . . . that's just Alex." And, of course, he was right. ;) Jim

• Like 1

Yes, it has been very tough, Jim. Several times I went to write something here, then would end up just staring at the screen, at loss for words.

I was on the way back from the Sonoma Mini-Nats, thinking about Glen when traffic slowed down to 5MPH....there was a rest area sign showing a rest area 1 mile ahead, and it was almost like Glen told me, "Hey, pull off...you're not going to get anywhere in this traffic, pull off and have a nap!!" I did, and not 5 minutes later, Lisa called me and told me of Glen's passing. Really eerie to say the least. I feel Glen will always be with those in some way for those he was close to. Terlingua is going to be tough with out him there. We have to try and get Lisa to still come as she is on the fence about coming, but I feel it will be good for her to be with her Shelby family to see how much we care.

Alex

• Like 1

It's Glen's wife, Lisa here. I want to thank all of you for your kind and comforting words.

• Like 5

The memories that Tana and I have of Glen will never be forgotten. Glen was the kind of person that would put a smile on your face and make you laugh. Glen was a very caring person. A man with integrity. A man with a heart of gold. A man that would do anything for his friends. A man that was respected because of the way his inner person shined thru. It was a true privileged to of known Glen. He will be truly missed. I feel so bad for Lisa. Prayers are going out for you love !

536617_452188038141205_100000500388972_1

081.jpg

085.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

126.jpg

211.jpg

218.jpg

205.jpg

• Like 1

Great photos Rob - recalling wonderful memories from your great events! Thanks for posting. LISA