Pockdog

Production History Of All Shelby Vehicles - Seeking Assistance

This topic came up, from a different thread, about how one might catalogue the rich production history of (all) Shelby vehicles. This really captured my interest and In that regard, I'm seeking assistance from Team Shelby Members to see if we can complete the matrix below...

-- Shelby Built --

Cobra 289

Cobra 427

Cobra Daytona

Cobra Dragonsnake

Series 1

Cobra Continuation Series

-- Shelby Pre-Title conversion --

Shelby GT (2007-2009)

Shelby GT500KR (2nd generation 2008-2009)

-- Shelby Post-Title conversion "Shelby" --

Shelby GT500 Super Snake

Shelby 1000

Shelby GT500 Super Snake Prudhomme Edition

Shelby Raptor

Shelby Focus

Shelby GT350 (2nd generation 2011-2014)

-- Shelby branded --

Shelby GT500 (2nd generation 2007-2014)

Shelby GT350 (3rd generation 2015-?)

-- Shelby licensed vehicle --

Shelby Dodge Van (by Safari 1989)

----------------------------

Where would the following fit?

Shelby GT-H (1st generation ?-?)

Shelby GT-H (2nd generation ?-?)

Shelby Terlingua Racing

Shelby GT350 (1st generation 1965-1970)

The Dodge Shelbys...

Shelby De Mexico

etc...

Any edits or changes to the above? Anything missing or incorrect? Any categories need adjusting?

Regards,

-Pockdog

Shelby Europa

Shelby King Cobra (Cooper Monaco)

260 Cobra

Edited by falcongtho3

Here's some info I found from an older thread

Here's the info from Roger & Steve as of Feb 2010:

Here is the Blue Shelby GT information: 2008

Blue Coupes 1121 5 spd. 973 auto. 148
Blue Convertibles 778 5 spd. 573 583 auto. 195

Grabber Orange Coupes 215 5 spd. 211 auto. 4
Grabber Orange Conv. 0

Barrett Jackson Coupe 61 5 spd. 47 auto. 14
Barrett Jackson Conv. 39 5spd. 28 auto. 11

Total Production 2214
Coupe 1397 5spd.1231 auto. 166
Convertible 817 5spd. 611 auto. 206

--------------------------------------------------

Shelby GT information: 2007

Black Coupes 3,385 (5 spd. 2,876 auto. 509)
White Coupes 2,266 (5 spd. 1,771 auto. 495)

Total Production 5,651

-----------------------------------------------------

2006 & 2007 Hertz production:

2006 Coupes
500 Total Production
496 auto, 4 manual transmission

2007 Convertibles
500 Total Production
482 auto, 18 manual transmission

The 1994 to 2005 Tribute Edition Shelby Mustangs by MUSTANG F/X goes under the -- Shelby licensed vehicle -- Category as will the Tribute Edition Shelby Hauler Trucks by MUSTANG F/X.

Also under the -- Shelby licensed vehicle -- Category will be all the Shelby Mustangs built by Unique Performance such as the Eleanor, Super Snake, GT 350SR and the GT 500SR

The Eleanor Mustang (movie car) is a Mustang mod, not a Shelby licensed vehicle.

The Eleanor Mustang (movie car) is a Mustang mod, not a Shelby licensed vehicle

Not talking about the "Movie Car"..............Read these articles.......................

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/11/shelby-okays-production-of-continuation-cars-for-former-unique/

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/mufp-0708-1966-shelby-gt350sr/

Edited by tesgt350

You forgot the Shelby GTS again in the post-title category.

Also, did they built one Turbo?

Look at the dates on those articles. CS lost the Eleanor name law suit. Many of the Unique vehicles had false or no VIN and since they were shut down by the state DOE for fraud, the cars cannot be registered. Old news from years ago.

Interesting thread. The GT-H started life as a Mustang GT, so technically it is a post title conversion. However, Hertz did not take possession until the conversions/inspections were done at SAI prior to shipment to selected Hertz rental locations. The 2006 Shelby GT-H up-fit is noted on the Marti Report and reflects the 500 cars. Most post title conversions if not all would usually not be reflected on the Marti Report if it is available for a specific year. The GT Mustangs were purchased as a lot (500) by Hertz and set aside specifically for the GT-H program so that may be why the 2006 GT-H Marti Reports reflects the Shelby up-fit.

17 manual trans GT-H cars for 2007, not 18 according to the invoice copy I attached.

Do not forget the GT500 "40th Anniversary" post title. I think 300 and change were done. I am sure the 40th folks can provide an accurate number.

2007%20Shelby%20Hertz%20GT%20350%20-%20Transmission%20Invoice1.jpg

Edited by H0050

The Shelby Terlingua Mustang was produced for cars dated 2005-2009.

The first one built is a 2007 model.

Terlingua Racing Team also has Terlingua Cobras and '67 Models of the Trans AM cars.

Didn't SA frequently state that the cars that came through the factory would have a CSM number and be in a "Shelby World Registry"? Has SA any department kept track of the numbers and shouldn't they have the information on total completed production to date of all the vehicles (Mustangs, Cobras, Trucks, Focus, etc.)? Just wondering. I do appreciate the effort to get the numbers out to us as SA doesn't seem to release them. All we here is the number of special Barrett Jackson auction editions.

Don't forget the Shelby Can Am Spec Racers.

Didn't SA frequently state that the cars that came through the factory would have a CSM number and be in a "Shelby World Registry"? Has SA any department kept track of the numbers and shouldn't they have the information on total completed production to date of all the vehicles (Mustangs, Cobras, Trucks, Focus, etc.)? Just wondering. I do appreciate the effort to get the numbers out to us as SA doesn't seem to release them. All we here is the number of special Barrett Jackson auction editions.

You must not seem to be on Team Shelby too much then. Most closed Shelby American programs have build numbers posted right here on Team Shelby.

• 2007 40th Anniversary GT500, build numbers are on Team Shelby.
  • 2007-09 Don Prudhomme, build numbers are on Team Shelby.
  • 2007-09 Nascar 427, build numbers are on Team Shelby.
  • 2011 to 2014 GT350, build numbers are on Team Shelby.
  • 2012 50th Anniv. GT350, build numbers are on Team Shelby.
  • 2012 50th Anniv. Super Snake, build numbers are on Team Shelby.
  • 2011-14 GTS V8, build numbers are on Team Shelby.
  • 2012 50th Anniv. GTS, build numbers are on Team Shelby.
  • 2007-08 SGT Supercharged before delivery, numbers are on Team Shelby.
  • 2005-09 Terlingua, numbers are ready and will be posted after the TPS event.

Besides the post-title build numbers above Shelby American has also posted SGT & KR option numbers in many threads over the years.

Shelby Focus build numbers are being worked on right now and the SSSE numbers will be posted as soon as the final car is built. Yes just one SSSE owner is has prevented those numbers from being posted because of their delay in sending their car to SAI.

For you to say that all SAI has released is Barrett-Jackson numbers is just not true.

Steven

Edited by shelbymotorsports

Look at the dates on those articles. CS lost the Eleanor name law suit. Many of the Unique vehicles had false or no VIN and since they were shut down by the state DOE for fraud, the cars cannot be registered. Old news from years ago.

Yeah, what's your point? Unique Performance was still Licensed by Carroll Shelby to build those Cars until CS ended the Licensing Agreement. The ones built BEFORE the agreement ended are still a Licensed Vehicle and belong on the list.

Don't forget the Shelby F150 Super Snake Trucks and the one Shelby Expedition Prototype.

AND the Shelby CS6 and CS8

Shelby Toyota 2000 GT

AND the Shelby Sunbeam Tiger.

Shelby Maverick

and there is a hand full of Shelby Cars that look Italian. I can't find the photos I took of the one that is in Pensacola. He has all the Shelby Documentation on the Car.

Edited by tesgt350

Don't forget the Shelby de Mexico

Mentioned in the OP. Those are cool Cars.

quote:

Shelby Focus build numbers are being worked on right now and the SSSE numbers will be posted as soon as the final car is built. Yes just one SSSE owner is has prevented those numbers from being posted because of their delay in sending their car to SAI.

For you to say that all SAI has released is Barrett-Jackson numbers is just not true.

Reply: So 49 of 50 SSSE have been built? Man I must have been #49 since I just got my car back. C'mon #50 get it done!

quote:

Reply: So 49 of 50 SSSE have been built? Man I must have been #49 since I just got my car back. C'mon #50 get it done!

Isn't there a Dash Plaque or Under Hood Badge that has your Number on it?

Isn't there a Dash Plaque or Under Hood Badge that has your Number on it?

Yes. Sorry for the confusion. The cars are non sequential in numbers and build order. I just got my car so I'm probably the 47-49th built, but my SSSE number is lower than that.

I am not going to read all the responses so forgive if this is already mentioned

Shelby 40th Anniversary Edition for 2007 Shelby GT500s only. It is a post title car.

06-07 GT-h post title sold to hertz

07-08 Shelby get/sc (supercharged by Shelby or authorized mod shop updated in registry and given an additional engine bay plaque)

Sunbeam tiger

Terlingua racing team is a team/club the post title v6 rocket bunnies are terlinguas from 06-09 although I believe there is 1 that's a 2005

GT 500 40th anniversary post title (turns it into real Shelby with a csm)

GT 500 S.E. (Special edition) post title same as above

GT 500 427 pace car same as above

CS6 post title 6 cyl. (Non Terlingua)

CS 8 post title 8 cyl. This and above are little known and often overlooked but signaled Carroll's return to the mustang/ford fray as well as relationships with Paxton and American racing (earliest cars to have razor wheels. Don't know if these were made before or after hertz cars but I have publication ads of these cars from before a hertz ever came out.

Shelby GT/SR (basically a mash up of Shelby GT and Terlingua but managed to lose the cool and looks of both) post title

GTS post title available for v6 and v8 (seemed like an attempt to profit off the earlier Shelby GT name without sullying its name)

Focus

CS 1

Cobra concept (2005)

Speed boat

Durango pre title 1999

Dakota

Omni

GLH

Charger

Some will say maverick but that is FALSE Shelby sold licensing rights to ford so he could not sell parts in the U.S. But he could in Mexico hence Shelby de Mexico. He basically was an aftermarket parts supplier such as mustangs unlimited or Jegs. a Mexican company added parts to grabber Mavericks branding them Shelbys with no documentation nor registry at all. Basically as if you today bought a mustang then got a couple hot parts from Shelby PP and tried to claim it was a Shelby.

AND the Shelby CS6 and CS8

Shelby Toyota 2000 GT

AND the Shelby Sunbeam Tiger.

Shelby Maverick

and there is a hand full of Shelby Cars that look Italian. I can't find the photos I took of the one that is in Pensacola. He has all the Shelby Documentation on the Car.

Never has been a Shelby maverick. Shelby sold licensing rights to ford and couldn't sell parts in the U.S. So being who he was he thought outside the box and sold parts to a Mexican company that called themselves Shelby de Mexico which they added to "grabber" Mavericks and badged them as Shelbys. Carroll was basically a aftermarket parts supplier such as Jegs or American muscle. These cars were never documented nor registrated nor considered Shelbys. Basically if I buy a mustang today and get some hot parts and badges from Shelby performance parts that a Shelby it does not make. I have Terlingua vinyls on my car but it is not a Terlingua and the kid that puts a Ferrari sticker on his sad accord does not suddenly have a Ferrari.

Those grabber mavs though (not all grabbers had grabber paint it was a term for a 302 h.o. Mav.) I have often thought about getting one I remember my grandfathers comet version pretty cool considering the era.

The Tiger was not a Shelby product although Shelby had a hand in development the Rootes built car. There was one Maverick GT250 built, but like the Shelby Eurpoa and Shleby de Mexico cars these were licensed products.

The car you probably saw in Pensacola was an AC 428 coupe. Again, not a Shelby product, but an AC built offshoot designed to follow up the Cobra.

Edited by falcongtho3