Sign in to follow this  
Blakehg

Looking to get new lowering springs

Hello! I am new to the forum. I just recently purchased a 2012 GT500 SVT. I am looking to put some lowering springs on and am looking for suggestions.. Thank you so much for the help.. Also, thinking wheel spacers for a beefier look? Thoughts?

Thanks!!! :)

Blakehg,

Welcome. Lots of great people with a ton of experience to share here on the Team.

I went with Ford Racing lowering springs for my 12. 1.25" drop. Mine were part of the FRPP FR3 suspension pkg, which did springs, sway bars, and struts. You can check out any of the items individually at the Ford Racing Part Direct site. All pieces are done in Ford Racing blue.

Note that you'll need Lower Control Arm relocation brackets and an adjustable panhard bar to center the rear suspension after lowering.

Good luck with the mods.

All the best,

Quinn

i have always used H&R lowering springs ,they have been good for me, the picture you see here are tokico spings which are a little lower than the H&R , i like the lowered look and mine is not a daily driver like most i would think, but like the other post says you also need control arms etc, as for the ride my did not change that much, but if i wanted a caddilac ride i would have bought a caddilac ,its all up to you and look you want, good luck go lowered it looks great ( all of the other parts that MTYQIN mentioned i have done also, so its not just the springs you need to get the look you want it also has to function correctly )

Edited by BLUE 2010 SHELBY GT 500

Hello, I have some Steeda lowering springs I would sell. The fronts have not been used, the rears were only used for 3,000 miles so all is like new. cost $250 new, will sell for $175.

A1DALE@HOTMAIL.COM

Hello I'm new here also and was just reading the forum. I just did the ford racing springs in the rear. I didn't realize you had to change the panhard bar and also get a relocation kit for the lower control arm's. My question is how do I go about knowing where to put the new location of the lower control arm? I found how to check the adjustment of the panhard bar and sure enough mines out about a 1/4" or so. I haven't been able to locate anything on the L/C arms. I was wondering if there's a link or an explanation of how to do this? Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Edited by Danoe