magnonreyes

Has anyone tried NITTO INVO tires on the racetrack?

I bought the INVOs and I have taken to the racetrack.

I have not bein impressed that much.

Has anyone tried these tires?

Thanks.

Also: I am thinking (next yr) going for the pilot sport cup 2. Any comments on these?

I have the 305/35/20 invos on the back and 555s on the front and have tracked the car 5 times with these and am incredibly impressed with the hook, drivability and wear on these tires, I have just purchased 4 more invos for street /track use

I have the Invos in 20x10" size. They are a GREAT street tire, but they have NO traction. 1st and 2nd gear are Spin City, and 3rd when it is cold out (under 50F). Short of a drag radial or slick, there is no tire that will hold the power these cars make. What type of racing did you use them for?

I have the Invos in 20x10" size. They are a GREAT street tire, but they have NO traction. 1st and 2nd gear are Spin City, and 3rd when it is cold out (under 50F). Short of a drag radial or slick, there is no tire that will hold the power these cars make. What type of racing did you use them for?

Road courses, Summit point, Spring Mountain, Mosport, Las Vegas outside track, Mohave mile,

Yeah they aren't a race slick and you need to finesse them off the line but considering they are a street tire used on the track, they performed well

Pilot Super Sports handle the power very well. Even when it cools down to 70 2nd gear hooks up no problem and first will spin but in a controlled pulling fashion. Not until get gets below 55F do the tires start to get hard and the extra power from the dense air cause 2nd to spin.

One thing I can say is the Invos wear nicely. Initially, they wear down quick, but I'm around 5/32" now, and they really seem to be holding up these last 2000 miles. Lots of tire spin and test launches on them, definitely not easy miles (the last 2000 at 5/32").,

Thank you guys.

I have just done 6 track days on multiple tracks in the north east (lightning racetrack, palmer Raceway, poconos raceway, limerock etc).

I have to be honest, I think the stock goodyear F1 are way better than the INVOs. I had no improved grip on the turns, compared to the F1s.

Even though I have not tried the PSS, I know which tires I won't recommend for race track.

Thanks again guys.

I have the Shelby CS1's 20X9 front 20X11 rear and am running the invos 275 fronts and 315 rears and they grip at the track considerably better than the goodyears that came on the car. I dont have much to compare it to but I am very pleased with them! Last track day they held 1.2g with some suspension work which I believe for street tires is pretty swell!

Edited by cbrbear

Not "bad" for a solid rear axle car ,eh? 1.2g's far exceeds super cars of not too long ago. That's why I LOL when journalists/ignorant people bash on the solid live rear axle. This car has more than enough grip to scare you silly on public streets, live axle or not!

Edited by ShelbyGT5HUN

I thought the INVOs were more of a drag radial tire. I have heard some people praise the Goodyear F1's for track duty ONCE they are warmed up.
i believe that is really part of what the GY's were designed for. Would think the INVOs are maximized better for a drag strip. Like the sound of the Michelin Super Sports as an all round good performer (street and twisty tracks) for this car.

Edited by metal_driver

I have the Shelby CS1's 20X9 front 20X11 rear and am running the invos 275 fronts and 315 rears and they grip at the track considerably better than the goodyears that came on the car. I dont have much to compare it to but I am very pleased with them! Last track day they held 1.2g with some suspension work which I believe for street tires is pretty swell!

275 on the front and 315 on the rear, WOW. stock for the gt500 is 265 front and 285 rear. so I guess there are no rubbing issues with those wide tires.

I wonder how would the GY F1, or Michelin PSS or sport cup2, will handle with those same dimensions.

Magnonreyes-With the car dropped I got a very very very minor rubbing on the front tires where the inner fender lip was bent down so I just rolled it up and no more rubbing. It was just enough to where it looked like a fine razor blade was taking a paper thin strip cut of rubber. I did a track day on the stock good years and they handled nice once warmed up but the INVO's are not drag tires that would be the NT 05/r's or 555's. Invos are performance street tires and ive found work great dry, cold, wet and hold the car pretty well especially with the larger rear tire and the power the car puts down.