CSLTracey

2016 Team Shelby Membership Kits - Content

Howdy,

I’m looking to update the Team Shelby Membership kits for 2016. I’d really love to hear what you’d like included. We’ve included the following items in the kits over the years: Hat, Tee-Shirt, Lanyard, Mouse Pad, Patch, Pen, Pin, Magnet, Koozie, Gift Card and Magazine. Any feedback will be helpful. We can even provide a Gift Card in lieu of some of these items. I like to go with the general consensus.

I truly appreciate your feedback!

Thank you!

Tracey

How about a pocket tee-shirt for 2016. Also I like the white or grey shirts better than the black. It gets hot in the summer!

A unique 1:64 diecast, either special card or special paint would be interesting. How about a 12 month calendar featuring a mix Shelby products since '62? A collectible coin?

Yes a diecast and calendar is a great idea.

However a diecast maybe cost prohibitive.

Edit

A calendar of Team Shelby Members cars...

Edited by sheppd01

Less stuff, but higher end stuff....

Polo shirt instead of T-shirt.

1/64 Shelby diecast that is unique to Team Shelby.

Copy of the annual magazine.

Calendar of members cars with photos submitted by Team Shelby members.

I'd be more than happy with just that.

Z-man

Howdy,

I’m looking to update the Team Shelby Membership kits for 2016. I’d really love to hear what you’d like included. We’ve included the following items in the kits over the years: Hat, Tee-Shirt, Lanyard, Mouse Pad, Patch, Pen, Pin, Magnet, Koozie, Gift Card and Magazine. Any feedback will be helpful. We can even provide a Gift Card in lieu of some of these items. I like to go with the general consensus.

Thank you!

Tracey

Sweatshirt

agree with all of the above with additional comments:

Gray shirt vs white, but not black

New item for consideration: TS Challenge Coin, one side with current year TS logo other side with Shelby car(s). each year change the car(s). Collectors can trade and collect all years moving forward. Being 2016 is the 50th anniversary of the 1966 HERTZ/Shelby/Ford program, maybe the 1st one can be 1966/2006 HERTZ much like the banner with both years on it. Just a thought :drool: OK, I am bias.

the Annual magazine for sure

All this said, thanks for asking and good luck with this endeavor. It does not go unrecognized.

i am glad your considering bringing back the hat pin. i do have a collection of them on my lanyard.

i like the idea of a challenge coin and a 1:64 die cast car as well.

I have to check to see if I have sent in for my 2015 Tee Shirt or if I forgot to, are there any left just in case?

I like the challenge coin idea. Shirts are always nice as long as they are good quality. The hats really haven't done much for me: they've never seemed to rise to the quality I'd want to display as a TS item.

Personally, I'd rather have fewer, but better quality items.

John

PS...Thanks for asking!

Edited by SoCalSGT

Thanks for asking and agree with all who indicated fewer, higher quality items is the way to move forward.

Must have:

• Membership pin w/member # engraved on back (could double as membership card). <FYI Things Remembered will do it for $20 and have to think it would be lower cost in bulk>
  • Membership Pen
  • 10% off one SPP item for 2016
  • Annual magazine with more Shelby history/Carroll stories/pictures

Suggestions:

• I really like the unique annual die cast car idea
  • GT350 anniversary magnet was cool and maybe the magnet could picture the actual car featured in the die-cast?
  • T-shirt-completely understand the size inventory issues associated with this item
  • Calendar featuring member cars-would be fun but very high production cost
  • How about a membership decal that is nicer in design/color and doesn't change every year (like MCA)?

Pls no more key chains, trucker hats, travel mugs, and mouse pads (although they make great tool box drawer liners).

New item for consideration: TS Challenge Coin, one side with current year TS logo other side with Shelby car(s). each year change the car(s). Collectors can trade and collect all years moving forward. Being 2016 is the 50th anniversary of the 1966 HERTZ/Shelby/Ford program, maybe the 1st one can be 1966/2006 HERTZ much like the banner with both years on it. Just a thought :drool: OK, I am bias.

All this said, thanks for asking and good luck with this endeavor. It does not go unrecognized.

+1 ... no outdated or items that we could do with out ... mouse pad,cup, or lanyard

Love the idea of a special item for TS members, even to the point of a smaller package with more valuable or collectible items.

I like the challenge coin idea with a different Shelby each year on the one side with the Team Shelby Logo on the other side .

How about a pocket tee-shirt for 2016. Also I like the white or grey shirts better than the black. It gets hot in the summer!

I agree.

It would be nice if there could be a return of the TS newsletter at least quarterly. With new Shelby cars, new people in the shop, new gift items and lots of events during the year by SA and regional clubs, it would be a good addition to the annual magazine.

I have to say this is one of the best ideas I have read

Well a few performance parts wouldn't be too bad..... but on a serious note, i really like the challenge coin idea. Could really use a new Team Shelby mouse pad as well. And definitely a t shirt and hat. A few TS Decals would be good too. I also really like the calendar idea with different members cars. But I think that was brought up before and for some reason there was an issue with doing that. A diecast would be great. and also a nice pin. How about bringing back the sort of dash plaque like the 2009 kit had with the Terlingua on it. What about an actual decal for the window that maybe says TEAM SHELBY like the windshield banners but just smaller like quarter window decals. So there, there's my suggestions.

Tracey,

The membership car is a must have now that I am tying it to local discounts

I like the travel coffee mug from 2014 better than 2015 if your going to include a mug

I have enough key chains

I do like the lanyard as I use it every day for work. But I prefer the breakaway type.

I like the magazine, but once I read it, it just goes in a pile and collects dust

To be honest, this years hat was substandard.

I would like a poster or metal sign to hang in my office.

I like the polo shirt idea over the T-shirt

An issue brought up about the T-shirts. Many members told me they don't like that it has the year on it. They feel like when they wear last years t-shirt, it looks like they are not current members so they end up not wearing the older shirts. So they would rather have a TS shirt without the year.

Calendar and coin are also great ideas!

Howdy,

Thank you!

Tracey

Please, no more key chains,mouse pads or mugs. I agree with the better quality items that some have mentioned. I like the idea of the polo or sweat shirt and the member pin. If you do hats please have one that in better quality and unique. thank you

I've always liked the t-shirts but a polo shirt sounds pretty good. I never cared for the hat. Just didn't fit right and looked like it would fit better on a child's head.

I really like the challenge coin idea.

I like the magazine, pen, t-shirt, and this years mug. I would also like a challenge coin.

Folks keep talking about a "Challenge Coin." Besides it being a round metal disc with stampings/engraving on it, what makes it a "Challenge Coin?" I've just never heard that term before.

TS did something similar (IMO) previously when they made Shelby poker chips. Carroll's picture was on one side and a $5.00 value was on the other. You could use them at the Shelby gift shop in Las Vegas, but I'm told very few people actually turned them in, and preferred to keep them. I still have mine in my collection....somewhere.

Z-man

The challenge coin is a military term. If you come upon a member of the service you are to challenge them as to whether they have their coin (representing their unit) on them. If they don't, drinks are on them.

They've come to be collecitble, and certainly with the amount of cars in the history of SA, a different coin each year featuring a Shelby product will give them lots to choose from for the twenty or thirty years.

Same with the calendar idea. the German club did an outstanding calendar for two years, but at an extraordinary cost with nearly the quality and values of the king of calendars, the Pirelli Calendar. Motorcraft did a fine collectible calendar (with a GT-H the first year on the cover) that became highly sought after and certainly better than most store bought pieces. Finding Shelby calendars over the years has been hit and miss at best. I'd love for Friendman to do one, and Camilos Ford GT calendars for the Ford GT Forums were very nice but I doubt we'll ever see either in the future.

Hi Tracy! Thank you for asking for our opinions, we all do appreciate it. I like the ideas of both die cast and calendar featuring pictures of TS member's cars! As far as shirts, how about using shirts the store already has in stock "Polo type" and make them a little more personal to the members by sending a logoed shirt according to a Shelby that member owns? Coins are cool. How about a small TS plaque/badge we can apply to our cars? A poster that has a picture of Carroll Shelby posing; more resent or vintage. How about a poster that is of the same Shelby type/year according to the member's car? Oh, and stickers; I think everyone should get 2 of the Carroll Shelby Director signature stickers to put on our cars and, or fender stripes. Thank you again for asking us members and good luck on deciding whet to choose to appeal the masses. LOL

Edited by Denstang65

I for one don't need another challenge coin. I probably have over 20 in a box somewhere.

A bunch of guys buying each other beers and then jumping in their 800 hp Shelbys. What could go wrong. ?

I really like the calendar idea a lot, whether member cars, SA cars over the years, factory photos or SA events. It reminds us of what has been happening with SA over time to encourage to spend more time with our toys. Good quality pens that don't run out of ink in a month or jam are nice to have. Key fobs that not car model specific but maybe with a CS logo.