Larry Muskat

Bad News SGT sold at Barrett Jackson

I would never get rid of mine either and thankfully for me I don't like the looks of the new cars but I have too thought about a 302 or newer gt 500 PowerPlant but am worried about throwing off the balance Of a car so true to the original GT 350 horsepower is not everything and is not an end all many cars with good horsepower have beaten cars with great horsepower I remember being worried a couple years after getting my car and ford released a 6er with more horsepower then a N/A SGT then I drove it while having my car serviced and was no longer worried as the power just didnt present itself at all. at a certain point it's just a pissing contest and all these cars have enough power to tear up a track or land you in jail on the street. I was interested in the new SGT/SC until they announced they would keep the same name for the 4 cyl. Domestic rice burner. At least I love what I drive and so does everybody staring at it everywhere I go. I do think a new boss with a blown 500 motor would be cool as a modern tribute to the 429 boss.

I love cars, sadly young kids today don't seem to have the same passion some of us share, and that's not always about horsepower. Long ago I realized that there will ALWAYS be a faster car on the road no matter what I buy. I also long ago realized that more speed can often lead to a just as fast accident. The Boss Track Attack showed me that my driving skills are the real limiting factor in performance. Net/Net...long winded is to say to me the SGT is one of the most elegant beautiful Mustangs ever built. It's clean lines and purposeful stance set it apart from the others beyond horsepower. All you need to do is walk a Mustang line at a car show and you can see the difference...I can't describe it...but you feel it and that means more to me than 0-60. This isn't to say that your needs may change and one day you won't sell but if you're like me the SGT stays the standard by which I measure and suspect always will.

Edited by JeffIsHereToo

Im right there with you. No matter what comes out this car is my measuring stick with which I judge and for me whole package no modern car compares. It may sound weird but sometimes I like to just stare at it after I clean and detail it, which I do a lot because this is my daily driver. I realize people don't always know what their looking at but even at car shows parked next to SS and KR cars mine gets more attention than the other cars regardless of brand or location not to say it's better but it does seem to have that universal "it" factor. It may give you hope in kids to know I'm a product of the 80's and I love these cars I've been obsessed with muscle cars and mustangs since I was 3 my first dream car was a 68 Cali. Then it became a 69 boss 302 once I was a teenager it was the 350 R. One day I suppose.

• Like 1

I too am over the whole "how much is enough" horsepower thing. I used to own a 2010 Corvette ZR-1, at 638 hp it was a beast. Had a Lingenfelter conversion (supposedly 750hp) and it turned into a monster. But what are you going to do with it? Sure, 0-60 in first gear, then what? Second gear? OK, the adrenaline rush is awesome (and this car gave a nice dose of vertigo to go along with it) but it's really impractical if you're not taking it to the track. But the biggest thing for me was the car had a lack of character. No one ever looked twice at it (except when picking up my daughter from high school, the boys would come running when they saw the ZR-1 badge). But when I take the Shelby out, I put the top down, and just go cruising. Lots of looks, thumbs-up, and friendly conversations. And a little pop under the hood for show. Ten or fifteen years ago maybe the vette would have won out, but as I approach the big 5-0 it's all about style.

• Like 1

depends on your prospective but to me its a good thing that there is a afordable ,yet pre title ,reasonable HP and one of the best looking shelby's ever.that one doesnt have to worry having to pay to much for a none year round driver or about future value and just enjoy and drive the car

The Shelby GTs from this era may not be the fastest but are arguably the best looking Mustangs of all time.

The Shelby GTs from this era may not be the fastest but are arguably the best looking Mustangs of all time.

I would agree it's the best looking post 1971 mustang and it is right up there with the earlier cars; but my 70 boss car and 69 gt500 are hard to beat in appearance :)

• Like 1