• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
Robert M

Let me be perfectly clear.............

I started a thread on the GT500.com site a few weeks ago with this same title. Some of you follow that forum, but some may not, so why not post it here also?

I was interested in subtle/clean change for the front of my '08. I already have LED lighting in all external light sockets except my HID's, and I wanted a cleaner/flowing look on the front, so it was time to experiment with the park/turn lens. The Amber lens is great on a Grabber Orange car, but to me, it sticks out like a sore thumb against Torch Red (and other colors), so here is what I came up with.

Old...........

009_zpsmshpe3mr.jpg

New..........

008_zps9kyo3sma.jpg

The comparison..........

004_zpswaxcdfyb.jpg

^^^^^^^^^To me, it is subtle change and the clear side "clearly" looks better..........<< LOL!!

R

I would not have thought that change would make such a big difference but it does.

For another subtle change that really cleans up the grill area, consider relocating your horns to the side of the fender area to expose more of the radiator. There was a thread about that mod about six months ago.

Z-man

Looks great! Where did you get the lens?

On eBay, pictured below.

I would not have thought that change would make such a big difference but it does.

For another subtle change that really cleans up the grill area, consider relocating your horns to the side of the fender area to expose more of the radiator. There was a thread about that mod about six months ago.

Z-man

Yes, I have read some threads on the horn relocation, but I have not gotten to that yet. Does it require any drilling for horn relocation or splicing/extending horn lead wires?

R

Edited by Robert M

Looks great! Where did you get the lens?

Thanks!

I was careful to purchase a lens design that was exactly like the oem Amber..........but Clear. <<This includes the reflective area around the side of the lens, some "clears" are also clear in this side area with no reflector area, I wanted to match oem look and style as closely as possible.

014_zpslnrhru04.jpg

R

Edited by Robert M

Yes, I have read some threads on the horn relocation, but I have not gotten to that yet. Does it require any drilling for horn relocation or splicing/extending horn lead wires?

R

Haven't done it myself, but its on my 'to do' list. As I recall, you need to lengthen the leads ,and drill a mounting hole. However, I would not cut the leads but instead just make an extension harness that would plug into the existing connectors on both ends. Likewise, I would look for a suitable existing screw/bolt to attach the horns, and make a small mounting bracket if needed. In that way everything could be put back "factory correct' if anyone in the future cared to do that.

Z-man

Haven't done it myself, but its on my 'to do' list. As I recall, you need to lengthen the leads ,and drill a mounting hole. However, I would not cut the leads but instead just make an extension harness that would plug into the existing connectors on both ends. Likewise, I would look for a suitable existing screw/bolt to attach the horns, and make a small mounting bracket if needed. In that way everything could be put back "factory correct' if anyone in the future cared to do that.

Z-man

^^^^^Me too, that is why I was asking. I have done quite a few mods on my car, but cutting, grinding and/or drilling are not an option for me on my car.

R

Edited by Robert M

Thanks!

I was careful to purchase a lens design that was exactly like the oem Amber..........but Clear. <<This includes the reflective area around the side of the lens, some "clears" are also clear in this side area with no reflector area, I wanted to match oem look and style as closely as possible.

014_zpslnrhru04.jpg

R

looked all over E bay can't find the same ones

,how about posting a link.

looked all over E bay can't find the same ones

,how about posting a link.

I don't have time this morning, gotta go to work, I will look for a link tonight...........

R

I don't have time this morning, gotta go to work, I will look for a link tonight...........

R

Thank you much appreciated.

Thank you much appreciated.

I'm surprised I was able to find them again, I bought mine back in January and just recently got around to installing them.

Here is the link to what I bought............

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221264772252?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Also remember, most if not all city, county and state laws require Amber turn signals. If you install a Amber incandescent globe bulb in these clear lenses, it will look like an egg yoke in the middle of the chrome housing. If you buy the chrome globe Amber replacement incandescent bulb, the Amber color will most likely not match the small Amber bulb in the side marker.

I have found that the Super Bright LED brand Amber/Amber park/turn replacement works best and matches the Super Bright LED side marker Amber bulb well. If you need links to all of this, I can get those also.

I also tried a White/Amber switchback LED's in these clear housings, the White would light for normal parking light function and the LED would switch to Amber when the turn signal or flashers where engaged. <<This is kind of cool, it gives the appearance that a person see's on many of the newer cars, but in the end I preferred the Amber/Amber LED tower instead. I have pictures of all of this if anyone is interested in seeing any of it?

R

Edited by Robert M

I am, I was thinking of doing this to mine recently so this is great timing. Thanks for the info!

I am, I was thinking of doing this to mine recently so this is great timing. Thanks for the info!

It is amazing how the clear marker lenses clean up the front of these cars. Like I mentioned before, the Amber lens looks great on a Grabber Orange car.............however, I believe clear would look better with all body colors, and the clear just blends in a subtle clean look.

This being said, you have to "light" it right, or it won't look so good when the lights are on.

I also have a video of the Amber/Amber LED in the right side and the White/Amber on the left side, both behind these clear lenses. I run through the parking lights, headlights, fog lights, flashers on............and then turning each off. The White/Amber switchback LED's are cool looking and they closely match my 5000K fog lights, but the Switchback White is 5500K and the oem HID's are 4300K so there is a color difference. I would have changed my HID's to 5000K to better match the White switchback LED's, to see how it looks, but I guess that front bumper cover has to be removed to change the HID bulbs? <<That is a project for another time..........

R

Edited by Robert M

Might want to check state laws. Many states dictate Amber turn signals on the front of the car. Back signals can be Amber or red. They sure look nice.

Might want to check state laws. Many states dictate Amber turn signals on the front of the car. Back signals can be Amber or red. They sure look nice.

Yes, that is what I mentioned in post #12.

Mine, when lit are Amber both in the parking light and turn signal function, however, as is the case with many newer production cars, parking lights are White and when the turn signal or flasher is activated, the White turns Amber, that is the "switchback" function and since so many cars now have that feature from the factory, I would guess that White parking lights are 50 state legal.

Here is my clear lens when lit................

010_zpsryhnt9n1.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Currently Amber for parking light and turn signal function.

.............................but I have also played with the White/Amber switchbacks that are White (like many newer cars from their manufacturer) with parking lights lit as shown below.............

008_zpsyihmnth5.jpg

..............................and change to Amber when the turn signal is activated, as shown below................

010_zpsds3e1flm.jpg

R

Edited by Robert M

Haha. Missed reading one post. I gotta look into doing my lights. Thanks for the link.

Haha. Missed reading one post. I gotta look into doing my lights. Thanks for the link.

Yes, I agree, running White for all functions will most likely get you a ticket, if/when you get caught.

I added a couple of pictures in the post above for some views...............and lighting options...........

R

Edited by Robert M

On eBay, pictured below.

R

On mine I did not modify the wires, just rerouted them.

I did slightly modify the horn bracket and installed one extra bolt to stabilize them in their new location as shown in the photo.

Besides looking much cleaner, it also helps air flow as well.

The horns are still plenty loud at the new location too.

Horns Moved.jpg

New Horn Location.jpg

Robert M, yes this is a great front upgrade.. I did mine a year ago on my 08 vapour silver/blk stripes and the change was a 10. I left the clear bulb in and was pulled over twice in one week. I then put the amber bulb in and not [police stops.. At least 6 Shelby GT500 owners have changed since they saw mine. During the day the clear lens give a beautiful clear appearance . At night, only a small portion is amber like yours..

Robert, any more info on those switchback bulbs? I just bought the clear lens and was thinking of trying those bulbs. Any wiring to do or just swap bulbs? Thanks!

Robert, any more info on those switchback bulbs? I just bought the clear lens and was thinking of trying those bulbs. Any wiring to do or just swap bulbs? Thanks!

No changes to any wiring that I had to do, it was all plug-n-play, even if the additional in-line resistor harnesses are needed.

I have not done anything further with the White/Amber switchback set up, but with so many newer cars from the factory now showing White lighting on the front when the parking lights are lit and only showing Amber when turns are activated, I would think the switchbacks would be a cool and legal choice. I would also think that a color matching White light in the side marker would be legal, since the actual turn lens does wrap around the side of the front bumper on the 2007-2009 Mustang and the Amber turn signal would be visible from the front and side views when the turn signals are activated.

The only thing is getting the fog light, switchback park light and headlight White colors to closely match. I would have changed my factory 4300K HID's to 5000K pure White already, but the bulb replacement requires front rubber bumper cover removal and I have not felt that ambitious. <<<<And in reality, the factory Ford HID's at 4300K are not that far off, but they do have a slight bit of Yellow to them when compared with 5000K fog and 5500K switchback White.

R

Edited by Robert M

I purchased a set of the clear front lenses for my '09, just got them. I am not planning to switch to LED, like the idea of the switchback lighting to add the required amber upon activation.

Is this the main bulb being used in front? - http://www.ebay.com/itm/171750719283?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

What are people using on the side socket?

I purchased a set of the clear front lenses for my '09, just got them. I am not planning to switch to LED, like the idea of the switchback lighting to add the required amber upon activation.

Is this the main bulb being used in front? - http://www.ebay.com/itm/171750719283?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

What are people using on the side socket?

^^^^That chrome/amber bulb was used by a member on another forum where I posted this clear lens. He also used the chrome/amber in the side marker and found that the two bulbs did not match well when lit, the ambers were two different colors. <<<All of this being said, that bulb will fit and light.

I found the SuperBrightLED's Amber/Amber park/turn and their side marker LED to match very well when lit...................but that requires changing to LED...............

Post #81 in the link below has a picture link showing the chrome globe amber bulb you are asking about, it is lit next to the chrome globe amber bulb behind the clear lens. They are two different ambers.............

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/5-general-discussion/122721-let-me-perfectly-clear-9.html

^^^^Click on the small picture in the first post linked above, you will see what I am talking about.

..................and then click on the link below and scroll down to post #67 to see the SuperBrightLED amber LED's in both sockets, lit...........

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/5-general-discussion/122721-let-me-perfectly-clear-7.html

R

Edited by Robert M