CSLTracey

Team Shelby 2016 Calendar – Submit your photos!

That's the Shelby American calendar.....the one we have been waiting for is the Team Shelby calendar. That means you will need to get yourself one of each!

Z-man

I would love to have one maybe more if I knew what (or who) was going to be pictured in them.... I might have given them for Christmas presents..... But with the new year starting in 3 weeks and the usual shipping delays..... it looks bleak....

Hi Guys,

I know you’ve been anxiously waiting for the winners of the 2016 Team Shelby Calendar contest. Some of the photo contest links stated different announcement days, but the first link indicated December 3rd, so I apologize for any nail biting! First of all, the photos were all incredible! So much so, that we will be sharing many on social media next year! Thanks to everyone that submitted images. These winners were chosen by you out of the 200 photos submitted! The Team Shelby Calendar will be included in the 2016 membership kit so you can enjoy them all year long!

Tracey

Calendar Winners

#1 Photo

Name: Michael Bruno

Team Shelby Screen Name: mywickedshelby

Year/Model: 2007 Shelby GT/SC

Stats: 700hp L&M Built-Jon Lund tuned 4.6 Aluminator with 2.3 Liquid Intercooled Whipple Supercharger

History: Driven through 36 US States and 11 Countries, so far Including hot laps at the Nurburgring and LeMans tracks as well as Shelby events in Terlingua twice and Dearborn three times.

#2 Photo

Photo taken by Mike Hickey

Team Shelby Username: Cobraracing

Valley of Fire trip made with Jim Hardie for the 50th Anniversary of the Mustang in his 900 HP 07 GT500 (just finished the engine rebuild the day before leaving). They travelled through the Valley of Fire and met up with the Supersnake, Shelby 1000 and a Shelby GT and set up the shot in front of the sign. On the way Mike raced the Mohave mile @ 175 MPH and the Las Vegas Speedway before driving back to Toronto.

#3 Photo

Photo taken by William Caron

Team Shelby Username: Z-Man

Cobra neon sign hanging on the wall at Conover's Racing and Restoration in Hanover, PA. The sign is reflected in the fender of a red 2008 GT500KR.

#4 Photo

2008 GT500 in Vista Blue with Performance White Le Mans stripes and an orange FIA stripe across the nose in tribute to the Shelby racecars of the 1960's. The orange being associated with Bob Bondurant. Photo was taken 8/22/14, on a very overcast day. Nikon D7000, 100 ISO, 34mm focal length. To achieve the HDR effect, three images were taken at varying exposures (f6.3/160, f5/100, f8/250), then 'stacked' on top of each other and the best portions of each photo allowed to show through.

#5 Photo

Photo Taken By: Bob White

Team Shelby Username: Ford Fest

2007 Shelby GT500 40th Anniversary

CSM 07XL0298

Built July 2006 - Converted March 2009 at SAI Las Vegas

Added options. . .

FRPP TVS & CAI

Shelby Extreme-Plus Brake System

Shelby Short Throw Shifter

Proud member of Team 40th

Photo taken in historic Blackwater, MO in front of the Iron Horse Hotel October 2014.

Side note, we met a dozen Shelby owners for a weekend stay at the hotel. The town's population is 159 and the mayor's name is Shelby. Needless to say, our Shelby’s were a big hit in the small town that weekend.

#6 Photo

This car (1966 GT350) is owned by someone who should be a familiar name to all Shelby enthusiasts......Chuck Cantwell. This photo was taken at a small airport in PA, while a few of us waited for a P-51 Mustang to arrive for a "photo op". Due to bad weather at the home airport of the P-51, the plane got fogged in and never made it down that day. We made the best of it by sharing some BBQ, and swapping Shelby stories all afternoon. Photo was taken 8/22/14, and is an HDR edit of 3 individual exposures.

#7 Photo

This is the very first Cobra Daytona Coupe ever built, and the only one fully built in the United States (the other 5 had bodies made in Italy). It is chassis number CSX2287. The car is currently owned by Dr. Simeone, and is on display in the Simeone Museum in Philadelphia, PA. The car is as original as possible, having undergone only minor mechanical restoration to be safe to drive, and is being preserved 'as is'. Current value of this car is not something Dr. Simeone likes to talk about, but next to the first Cobra itself (CSX2000), this has to be most valuable Shelby existence. The car was photographed at the Simeone Museum.

#8 Photo

1965 Shelby GT350. This photo was taken August of 2008 at New Jersey Motorsports Park.

#9 Photo

2008 GT500 photographed in a rock quarry in PA. This is a single photo that has been "tone mapped" then edited to give it a more artistic look. It's a pseudo-HDR effect.

Photo #10

Photo Taken by Jim Dombrowski

Team Shelby Username: shelbygt500conv

2007 Shelby GT 500 convertible, 5.4 Supercharged, 3.4 Whipple supercharger, Dynatech long tube headers, X Pipe, Borla S-Type axle backs, JLT Oil Separator, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, Super Snake Hood. Photo was taken at The Tail of the Dragon, 318 Turns in 11 miles, April 2014.

Photo #11

This car (2007 Shelby GT/SC) is owned by Doug Niebell (aka Doug_GT350 on the Team Shelby forums). The car was purchased as a Shelby GT, and then sent to the Shelby Mod Shop at Tasca Ford in Rhode Island to have the supercharger upgrade installed. As clean as it is, Doug drives the car to many events including the Cobra Nats in Canada, and the Woodward Dream cruise in Detroit. The car was photographed the same day as Chuck Cantwell's GT350 (8/22/14), as Doug was one of the folks waiting at the airport for the prodigal P-51 Mustang. Photo is a HDR edit of three composite photos.

Photo #12

Taken by William Caron

This photo was taken at Pocono Raceway on the tri-oval track on 8/21 during SAAC-40.

Taken with a Nikon D7000 at f/5.6, 1/400th sec, 100 ISO, 250mm focal length

It is interesting to note that the side exhaust comes out from under the car, not through a cut-out just behind the front wheels. This was the way the first few cars were done, but was quickly changed as the 'rigors' of road racing the cars would soon crush and flatten the exhaust. Changing it to exit through the side of the car allowed the exhaust to be raised, and therefore less prone to damage.

BIKEBOY 2 (#1).jpg

cobraracing2 (#2).jpg

z-man3 (#3).jpg

z-man4 (#4).jpg

Ford Fest (#5).jpg

z-man6 (#6).jpg

zman7 (#7).jpg

zman8 (#8).jpg

Z-Man9 (#9).jpg

07gt500conv (#10).jpg

Z-man11 (#11).jpg

z-man 12 (#12).jpg

Hi Guys,

I know you’ve been anxiously waiting for the winners of the 2016 Team Shelby Calendar contest. Some of the photo contest links stated different announcement days, but the first link indicated December 3rd, so I apologize for any nail biting! First of all, the photos were all incredible! So much so, that we will be sharing many on social media next year! Thanks to everyone that submitted images. These winners were chosen by you out of the 200 photos submitted! The Team Shelby Calendar will be included in the 2016 membership kit so you can enjoy them all year long!

Tracey

Calendar Winners

Photo #11

This car (2007 Shelby GT/SC) is owned by Doug Niebell (aka Doug_GT350 on the Team Shelby forums). The car was purchased as a Shelby GT, and then sent to the Shelby Mod Shop at Tasca Ford in Rhode Island to have the supercharger upgrade installed. As clean as it is, Doug drives the car to many events including the Cobra Nats in Canada, and the Woodward Dream cruise in Detroit. The car was photographed the same day as Chuck Cantwell's GT350 (8/22/14), as Doug was one of the folks waiting at the airport for the prodigal P-51 Mustang. Photo is a HDR edit of three composite photos.

WOO HOO!!!! Thank you Tracey and Z-Man!!! Well and for everyone that voted....

Now to ask the question, aside from being a 2016 Team Shelby member how does one go about purchasing more calendars?

Really not trying to stir the pot here (not something I'm prone to do), but I have a question. 8 of the 12 'winning' photos were taken by Bill Caron (a great guy that I know pretty well, btw), and 2 are of his car...

There were a LOT of amazing photos, but I'm sure a number of us are wondering if this was based only on the click-voting, or was there some review for content and overall artistic merit?

Anton

Really not trying to stir the pot here (not something I'm prone to do), but I have a question. 8 of the 12 'winning' photos were taken by Bill Caron (a great guy that I know pretty well, btw), and 2 are of his car...

There were a LOT of amazing photos, but I'm sure a number of us are wondering if this was based only on the click-voting, or was there some review for content and overall artistic merit?

Anton

8 of 12 photos from one person. Hundreds submitted. :lol:

This is one reason why I declined to submit any photos, goofy voting system for sure. You should call it the Bill Caron calendar. :lol:

Anton

Anton -

First, let me say that I am honored and amazed that my photos were chosen to be included in the calendar.

Secondly, when I was informed of the specific photos that were selected, and that two of them were of my personal car, I had the exact same question and concern that you raised. I asked that a choice be made between the two photo's and only one of my car be included. I'm told that whether or not putting in both photos was debated, but the criteria as to what photos to be included was based entirely on "click-voting". Since both photos received enough votes to be included, they didn't want to exclude one and go against the 'peoples choice'.

So I guess if your looking to question someone, maybe I should only have put one photo of my own car on-line for voting.

Thanks to everyone who voted for my photos. I hope you enjoy having them hang on your wall throughout the year.

Z-man

I personally have to agree. Perhaps next year there should be some more rules around it. Only one photo can be chosen per submitter, and only pictures of Team Shelby Member cars will be chosen. The more grass roots member calendar I think is what people were hoping for. For this year, it will be a nice calendar with some really nice photo's for sure.

8 of 12 photos from one person. Hundreds submitted. :lol:

This is one reason why I declined to submit any photos, goofy voting system for sure. You should call it the Bill Caron calendar. :lol:

JeffJ did (not speaking for him) just referencing his post 29. Not trying or want to be disrespectful, however I knew the average point and shoot person did not have a chance. That said, some of the more basic shots could have worked for a collage page and show some of the members, gatherings/cars etc to personalize TS a bit. OK, that said, nice collection of cars/photos selected by the members.

Edited by H0050

I personally have to agree. Perhaps next year there should be some more rules around it. Only one photo can be chosen per submitter, and only pictures of Team Shelby Member cars will be chosen. The more grass roots member calendar I think is what people were hoping for. For this year, it will be a nice calendar with some really nice photo's for sure.

I would have to agree with you Jeff

Congrats z-man that's awesome. But... so many team Shelby members photos left out because 8 from one made it. To me it should be one photo per member with your highest ranked photo winning. The rules for it this year made it very difficult to regulate that evidentally. Maybe next year... Very disappointed in how that turned out.

Anton

Howdy,

Since this is the first year we are including a member calendar I just did a very simple “majority wins” voting process. There were over 200 photos submitted, and these were the ones with the most votes. Z-man expressed concerns about having the same car featured twice, but I didn’t want to revise anything since these were the actual images chosen by the people. We can expand categories next year and limit submissions. There is so much we can do moving forward (collages, people, vintage), but I really wanted to get the calendar included and we had limited time. We did manage to pull it off thanks to all the awesome photos, so the 2016 Team Shelby Calendar will ship with the kits in January! There will always be room for improvement, and I’m listening to make sure we continue to hear you and include those suggestions in things we’re doing for Team Shelby. The calendar only happened because of your feedback. We will be featuring many of the photos not in the calendar on social media. Let’s keep having fun... and thank you!

You know, I am a little disapointed. Allthough the pictures/cars are great, I feel that one person posting 9 out of the 12 photos, not to mention 2 of the photos where of his car, was not cool! I thought that there were going to be different members cars and some of the pictures at an event or something. Other than a couple members, the rest looks like typical calender photos. I do not get that personal TS members cars/owners kind of vibe. Most votes is one thing, but come on, give other members a chance. Congratulations to the 3 winners, but the rest could have other members cars. I feel the Cobra sign and the Daytona Coupe would have been perfect for the front cover, rather than taking a members spot. Oh well, just my opinion.

Another that might be appropriate for an inaugural calendar. This was on the occasion of the Denstang65-organized tribute cruise-in shortly after Mr Shelby's passing.

There it is: where the very first Cobra was assembled. Dean Moon's Santa Fe Springs shop, that very garage, that very bay. With Denstang65's pretty-close-to-contemporary GT350 tribute car to set the tone.

7277219614_db4977c325_o.jpg

By the way, thank you for adding this one to the list of my car. That was a fun day and was glad that some were able to attend. That was cool that we all were able to do this photo op. I am trying to remember, but if I am correct, you were there? If so, where is the picture of your car in that garage? Would like to see it.

I thought they were only going to use teamshelby members cars. I guess I was wrong.

I thought they were only going to use teamshelby members cars. I guess I was wrong.

You were, they don't care about members, this is just about pics. Typical.

By the way, thank you for adding this one to the list of my car. That was a fun day and was glad that some were able to attend. That was cool that we all were able to do this photo op. I am trying to remember, but if I am correct, you were there? If so, where is the picture of your car in that garage? Would like to see it.

You're welcome. I was there, but I don't have a Shelby automobile. It's not polite to contaminate a religious ceremony. The other photos from that day are here.

While I'm revved up, let me say I think the calendar will be a beauty, with fine photos of delightful cars; however, it is good in the same sense as every other marque calendar on the shelf: impressive only to the segment familiar with the cars and their owners. To the rest of us, Seen one Super Snake, seen 'em all. So this year there will be a nice calendar for five contributors, and a wall-hanging, looked at once before it slips into invisibility, for everyone else. Boring.

No, really. Was this a one-vote-per-membership-number election, or did every one of the dozens I cast for the Number One photo count? Does anyone believe that a catalog-like photo of a car, repeated ten times with small variations, is a valid representation of the Team Shelby ethos?

"...because it provides an opportunity for members to share their cars and experiences. To me, that is what Team Shelby is about... a community."

A community of car-portrait admirers.

So be it.

Edited by Frank S

I think this wil be a great addition to the membership kit, and hopefully the beginning of a long running program. Whether they are member cars or vintage shots/cars, one photog or a dozen, I think we've got something unique and a way to enjoy our appreciation for Shelby vehicles, both past and present, for the upcoming year. And if you think this canedar is not what you'd hoped for, post up your thoughts and ideas to improve it for next year. And be glad it is NOT the 2016 Pirelli calendar...just, eeeww!

Edited by falcongtho3

Congratulations to all the winners, Great Pictures!! and Thank you Tracey for the opportunity to enter the pictures of my KR.

I will try again next year and hopefully take better , more interesting photos so the Team members will vote for them.

This was the first year and as everything done for the first time you always find ways to improve things based off of comments from those that voted for the winning pictures.

Tracey,

Is there anyway we can find out how many votes our photos received so we know what pic they liked better than the others which might help us next year, maybe update the link with votes next to each photo.

Thanks

Tim

Edited by belltr

I think one of the inherent problems being overlooked is that a single person could vote for the same photo 100 times if they wanted to, which REALLY skews the voting and makes it more about popularity or click-commitment then anything else... There was no restriction to one vote per IP or such controls in place.

End of rant...

Anton

Howdy,

Since this is the first year we are including a member calendar I just did a very simple “majority wins” voting process. There were over 200 photos submitted, and these were the ones with the most votes. Z-man expressed concerns about having the same car featured twice, but I didn’t want to revise anything since these were the actual images chosen by the people. We can expand categories next year and limit submissions. There is so much we can do moving forward (collages, people, vintage), but I really wanted to get the calendar included and we had limited time. We did manage to pull it off thanks to all the awesome photos, so the 2016 Team Shelby Calendar will ship with the kits in January! There will always be room for improvement, and I’m listening to make sure we continue to hear you and include those suggestions in things we’re doing for Team Shelby. The calendar only happened because of your feedback. We will be featuring many of the photos not in the calendar on social media. Let’s keep having fun... and thank you!

Nice!

I think one of the inherent problems being overlooked is that a single person could vote for the same photo 100 times if they wanted to, which REALLY skews the voting and makes it more about popularity or click-commitment then anything else... There was no restriction to one vote per IP or such controls in place.

End of rant...

Anton

I agree Anton, maybe in the future one vote per picture per IP address (or something to that affect), then maybe another vote after the top 50 or so have been chosen. Also any of the pictures from this years calendar (or previous years as time goes on) can not be submitted.

Now with that being said, for something that was thrown together at the last minute it will be a great start.

Thanks again to all those involved

I think I'll just paste my own car pictures over each page. It will be a custom calendar to my liking !

I like that idea.

Rules ;)

We all know who drools. :lol:

I have over 20,000 car photos to choose from.. :camera::drop:

I agree Anton, maybe in the future one vote per picture per IP address (or something to that affect), then maybe another vote after the top 50 or so have been chosen. Also any of the pictures from this years calendar (or previous years as time goes on) can not be submitted.

Now with that being said, for something that was thrown together at the last minute it will be a great start.

Thanks again to all those involved

Do you even know what that means??? :whistling:

:hysterical2::hysterical2::sunny: