Anyone here know this 40th or does it not exist? All her badging is for sale on EBay. Looks new and unused. Should be noted in the registry if this car was never built as there could be a clone running around someday.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131661748345?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

advertised as super snake badging. Very interesting and good question. Maybe Steve T. can provide some insight.

Edited by H0050

Also below the description is 12 G.T 500 engine build signature plates signed by engine builders , how would someone get their hands on these?

For posterity sake, there never was a 07XL0457 built so anyone that comes across a car wearing this badge, you are purchasing a clone/fake/replica/tribute car.

Below is the info from the November 2015 ebay ad:

Seller: cutsie146

ebay asking price: $1,599.99

Ebay Description:

2007 40th Anniversary Shelby GT500

OEM GT500 Shelby

Super Snake

Complete Badging Wing Kit, Dash Plaque and Rear Trunk Ring

VERY RARE

IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND!!

07XL457

07xl0457.jpg

• Like 1

For posterity sake, there never was a 07XL0457 built so anyone that comes across a car wearing this badge, you are purchasing a clone/fake/replica/tribute car.

Ebay Description:

OEM GT500 Shelby

Super Snake

VERY RARE

IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND!!

07XL457

There you go! Thanks Steve for the quick confirmation on this.

Ebay Description:

OEM GT500 Shelby

Super Snake

VERY RARE

IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND!!

07XL457

Looks like this person went to a lot of bother to make this up , to make a few $$

Soooo...there will be a note on the 40th registry about 07XL0457 being a fake if a car wearing this should ever surface?

Edited by msmap

They have had a collection of badges, caps, etc for several months. I get that as they could have purchased those from the parts store. But, plaques are another thing.

Not good at all. Those look like real plaques which were not ever used. How did he/she get them? From the producer, or left over at Tasca? I'm sure that somebody at SAI has big interest in these questions also.

Not good at all. Those look like real plaques which were not ever used. How did he/she get them? From the producer, or left over at Tasca? I'm sure that somebody at SAI has big interest in these questions also.

A few years back I found a guy selling multiple build specific parts on eBay. He said he worked at the mod shop in Texas. They were parts leftover from when the shop closed. I don't recall seeing plaques though.

They are real plaques, just not ever officially assigned to a VIN. Other than a souvenir or to scam someone else, they are basically worthless.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/89472-dash-plaque/

A few years back I found a guy selling multiple build specific parts on eBay. He said he worked at the mod shop in Texas. They were parts leftover from when the shop closed. I don't recall seeing plaques though.

When Quantum closed down there was an inventory that was sold as part of the bankruptcy. There should be a thread somewhere on this as it was a reasonably hot topic. I think one of our members tried to buy the inventory and was unsuccessful. Whoever bought it tried listing items on Ebay and I think Amy put the kibosh on proprietary items pretty quick with a cease and desist order. I don't agree that they don't have a value. I think they do as they are an important part of Shelby History. Anything numbered from Shelby and not issued will be worth something in my opinion.

The Terlingua plaque above is a Tasca one however. So that throws out the Qantum left over inventory as a source for these.

When Quantum closed down there was an inventory that was sold as part of the bankruptcy. There should be a thread somewhere on this as it was a reasonably hot topic. I think one of our members tried to buy the inventory and was unsuccessful. Whoever bought it tried listing items on Ebay and I think Amy put the kibosh on proprietary items pretty quick with a cease and desist order. I don't agree that they don't have a value. I think they do as they are an important part of Shelby History. Anything numbered from Shelby and not issued will be worth something in my opinion.

Yes, it has value. But if it is put on a car as a clone I don't think much of it or the car.