CR2013GT500

Anybody running the Hellwig 6805 rear sway bar?

I need more rear sway bar. Anybody running the Hellwig 6805? It's the same diameter as my stock but they say it's stronger. The Whiteline has a larger diameter than stock but it is attached to the axle housing where I like to sit my jack stands.

I fitted the Whiteline rear bar to my 07 and noticed much sharper turn-in on even the softest setting. Easy to fit and looks good too. As for jack stands I get them as close to the pumpkin as possible as there was once a scare about the axle shafts popping out of the diff (they're pressed in) though in reality I can't imagine that ever happening.

22262565892_96a72d64f2_b.jpgP1010239 by Malc May, on Flickr

22088548299_f9c4da0fe3_b.jpgP1010245 by Malc May, on Flickr

The Whiteline is a quality item. It is what I would fit to my '13, no question.

Malc

Edited by UKGT500

Whiteline looks like a good one for sure. Where do you put your jack stands? Putting them under the bar puts the weight way out on the axle housing. May be too much weight for the bar bushings.

I may go with the Hellwig for that reason.

Thanks for the pics!

Edited by CR2013GT500

I always support the axle as inboard as possible at the part of the diff that extends out onto the axleshafts. I have also supported the car at the LCA mounts - it all depends what job I'm doing. You'll see from my pics that I also had a Whiteline watts link. I am itching to fit these goodies to my car but I am being patient. My car is totally stock and when the better weather comes and I can exploit the car a bit I want to see if I will be happy with it stock. I only bought it a few weeks ago so still really feel like I am a long way from knowing what it can do....

Malc