• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Team Shelby Calendar, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate, Lapel Pin and 4 pack of pulpboard coasters -  the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles (present current member card for discount)   Driving Experiences   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events   Insider information from Shelby American   Affiliate Partner Discounts   Updated November 28, 2018. Team Shelby Club 2019 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2019, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.  
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
ShelbyGT5HUN

Anyone Install Their Own LCA Relocation Brackets? Will the Dealer Install?

I bought the BMR lower control arm relocation brackets. Anyone install their own? I would be doing this on jack stands. I am thinking of taking it to the dealer. Not sure if they have a problem with installing aftermarket parts, even though you could order similar brackets through Ford Racing. With a lift, I can't imagine it taking more than 2 hours "book time".

Easy install. Did mine on jack stands and took about an hour.

Easy bolt on install but to make it really work it is better to have them welded in place......especially if you plan on tracking the car.

GT

Easy job in your garage with jack stands. Did mine and no issues.

Good luck with the mod.

Easy bolt on install but to make it really work it is better to have them welded in place......especially if you plan on tracking the car.

GT

The BMR brackets do not require welding. Even on their website they state welding is not required. If I was running a 9 second, serious full race machine with a 15" rear slick then maybe. But for normal street and track use it's not necessary.

Yeah, I bought the BMR because they claim to run low 9s/1.3 60' times without welding. I guess the next question, what hole do you run them on with Eibach Black Springs (Pro Kit?) on either regular performance tires, or drag radials? Not the setting for slicks, as I would only run up to a drag radial.

I picked up a set from Maximum Motorsports and hope to install soon. Anyone have any feedback on these?

I had Steeda brackets welded in but am tempted to switch to Maximum Motorsports. All that grinding seems like too much work to remove them however. They do help keepmthe rear planted though.

Yeah, I bought the BMR because they claim to run low 9s/1.3 60' times without welding. I guess the next question, what hole do you run them on with Eibach Black Springs (Pro Kit?) on either regular performance tires, or drag radials? Not the setting for slicks, as I would only run up to a drag radial.

With a lowered car, the key is to get the rear end of the LCA back to it's original position or lower. On my Eibach coilover set up, the top hole put me back to the LCA position when it was originally from the Ford assy. line (or very close)........

009_zpsbcf74ca1.jpg

010_zpsc80e6427.jpg

I dropped it down to the second hole to position the rear of the LCA a little lower than the front which moves the IC (Instant Center) back further and is more ideal for better traction..........

011_zpsc67708c1.jpg

012_zps2123bf6c.jpg

The best way to install and see what angle you are actually adjusting with the hole choice is to have the car sitting level on a 4 post lift or on Race Ramps (all four corners up at the same level) and watch the angle change as shown in the pictures above. The further down the rear of the LCA is, in comparison to the front, the better IC and traction will be achieved.

The FRPP relo brackets are nice pieces, but they do not have the adjustability like the BMR's.

R

Edited by Robert M

I added some BMR rear suspension upgrades to my 11, the same question came up about which hole to bolt the LCA's.

OP, I did a thread showing pictures & install info,link below if interested.
http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/6-performance-modifications/125793-few-bmr-rear-suspension-mods.html

This is info from Kelly (BMR Tech)

There is no standard or magical position on the brackets.

Tires, gearing, transmision, weather, driving style, driver preference, etc etc ++ determines the position you should use.

I recommend people positions based on what they specifically tell me they want - after knowing their combination and driving style.

Without knowing this stuff, I usually recommend people run:

Top Hole: Stock Height car
Middle Hole: Lowered car
Bottom Hole: Lowered > 1.5"

These are basic recommendations. If you have an all out drag car, or all out road course car then the settings wouldnt really be based on the list above.

Of course....it just depends. This is based on a stock height S197 platform...not a GT with a SC...or a SVTPP GT500 etc. Those cars sit different. For example, if you get a Track Pack/SVTPP 2014 GT500...I would tell the average customer to use the middle position.

The best thing to do is try all of them and see what you like best.

Happy Modding!

Colin

Edited by Colin1966

With a lowered car, the key is to get the rear end of the LCA back to it's original position or lower. On my Eibach coilover set up, the top hole put me back to the LCA position when it was originally from the Ford assy. line (or very close)........

I dropped it down to the second hole to position the rear of the LCA a little lower than the front which moves the IC (Instant Center) back further and is more ideal for better traction..........

The best way to install and see what angle you are actually adjusting with the hole choice is to have the car sitting level on a 4 post lift or on Race Ramps (all four corners up at the same level) and watch the angle change as shown in the pictures above. The further down the rear of the LCA is, in comparison to the front, the better IC and traction will be achieved.

The FRPP relo brackets are nice pieces, but they do not have the adjustability like the BMR's.

R

Good stuff Robert! Did you try the bottom position too?

Good stuff Robert! Did you try the bottom position too?

No, I have been happy so far with the middle position.

The reason why there is not a definitive hole assignment for installations is because there are so many variables in ride height and lowering springs, car weight etc. Eibach Pro Kit may get you to one level and the FRPP is a little bit lower (or higher). I have adjustable coil overs, they have a wide range to lower (or raise), so the only real way to see exactly what each hole does, per a specific install, is to measure the angle at the normal ride height level.

Other good information is the geometry of Instant Center and how it affects traction in an automobile rear suspension application. The IC in the rear suspension is where the imaginary line of the LCA's meet/intersect the imaginary line of the UCA. The further forward this is, the worse for traction. Many drag race guys like the LCA/UCA IC line to meet somewhere around the firewall or drivers seat for optimal traction geometry. If a Mustang has been lowered and relocation brackets have not been installed, the LCA's are lower in the front than they are in the rear. If you take that straight line and intersect it with the UCA straight line of that same car, the IC is somewhere wayyyyy out in front of the car..............<<That is GREAT for spinning tires, but sucks for traction.

Most straight forward explanation of IC...........Where the 'Instant Center' is located in the car compared to the 'Center of Gravity' of the car is what determines how the suspension acts on the car to launch it.

^^^^Even in a street application, there is an interest in getting a car to launch right.......Not that anyone would drag race on the street and need their car to launch right, but it is nice to know how a car responds "if" a person has to get on the gas quickly while also getting off of the clutch quickly from a stand still start. ; )

R

Edited by Robert M

My instant center must be so far forward, that it touches the car in front of me! With only 540rwhp, I am spinning 3rd gear sometimes. Car is lowered with Eibachs, but I have NO desire to add anymore power to the car. My father wants me to go TVS, but with just a pulley and tune, I'm over-powering the rear tires to the point of it being dangerous, and no fun to drive. I have NO traction on my 20" Nitto Invos. So, instead of building more power, I am determined to get the car to hook up first. It would be pointless to make more power, when the car can't handle what it has now.

Hopefully these BMR LCA RELOS will work. I already have the panhard bar, and Bobs LCAs. The LCAs really helped firm up the rear.

My instant center must be so far forward, that it touches the car in front of me! With only 540rwhp, I am spinning 3rd gear sometimes. Car is lowered with Eibachs, but I have NO desire to add anymore power to the car. My father wants me to go TVS, but with just a pulley and tune, I'm over-powering the rear tires to the point of it being dangerous, and no fun to drive. I have NO traction on my 20" Nitto Invos. So, instead of building more power, I am determined to get the car to hook up first. It would be pointless to make more power, when the car can't handle what it has now.

Hopefully these BMR LCA RELOS will work. I already have the panhard bar, and Bobs LCAs. The LCAs really helped firm up the rear.

As we all know, tires also play a big part with the traction equation, but "also" getting the suspension to work together with the car and the tires is a factor.

R

Edited by Robert M

I've heard of some guys bending and breaking these so I went with beefier brackets made by Carriage House Engineering. Definitely a stout part. See my sig.

I've heard of some guys bending and breaking these so I went with beefier brackets made by Carriage House Engineering. Definitely a stout part. See my sig.

BMR redesigned their brackets a few years ago. No failures with the new design.